Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, what a dismal performance.

Post here what went wrong. Please be civilised. No abuse, just constructive comments.

Well Nasser alJohar really messed up with the selection.

He picked a 3 man defensive midfield (Noor, Owairan, Waked). Temyat played on the left. alJaber played in the hole between the midfield and attack. Yami was alone.

His formation left a massive gap on the right. Which Germany exploited with deadly efficiency. Ziege was left on his own to put in cross after cross.

Nawaf alTemyat was poor on the left. Khamis alOwairan was the worst. He was totally invisible.

Players gave up after the second goal, which is inexcusable, because they allowed the Germans to make the scoreline even bigger.

N

·
0 Posts
I'd prefer to discuss this back at the Arab forum. We've had enough humiliation for one day. The last thing Saudi football needs is added ridicule.

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nero said:
I'd prefer to discuss this back at the Arab forum. We've had enough humiliation for one day. The last thing Saudi football needs is added ridicule.
Nero how much could it get? Everything is out in the open now that they humiliated us in front of the world.

There has to be clearout in FA. The buck stops there. Everybody in the "Mafi shakk" and "khotat 3ilmiah madrousa" Association should go. All the way up to the two Nawwafs.

These people act like its their father's team and they expect the team to play with heart????

·
Registered
17,516 Posts
saudi will not a score a goal in this world cup and u will see....

it is a shame a team like Holland does not play to give up a place for a team like this ...:mad:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Post-Mortem thread???

What; you mean they executed all the players?:D

In the past Saudi Arabia at least represented themselves well. But, man, they seemed to have a serious case of stagefright, which is odd, since some of those guys have been in the WC before. Why didn't they even contest the headers, because after that they toally caved.

Lack of a player or 2 to win and hold the ball in the midfield was their downfall.

Khalid... I agree with you, but at least Saudi have proven themselves in Asia. China is only here for $$$$$ reasons. The same reason why they were GIVEN the Summer Olympics.
What's that old saying, "A billion Chinamen can't be wrong".

I'm sure some Iranian fans might agree with me.

·
Registered
9,134 Posts
Wow, I must say that it was a shocking result. I would never have expected such a blow-out in the WC ever again.

How do you think the team will do after this? WIll they be motivated to do their best or will they be dejected? How is their coach in these kinds of matters?

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
You really have to feel sorry for the Saudi fans. I expect a good German victory, but never expected them to score 8 goals. The Saudi fans at half time and during the second half were just so dejected you had to feel sorry for them. Hopefully they will improve in their next two games.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That was the reaction of everybody at the end of the match.;)

Almost everybody in our country was hoping that the Saudis gave a good account of themselves but what Al-Johar's men produced was utterly HUMILIATING!!!!:eek:

It was really sad to see the German players making fun of the Saudis.Physically the Germans were so dominating that at times it felt as if the Saudis were a bunch of 5yr old toddlers thrust into the pitch against the fearsome German side.

it was PATHETIC!!!!:rollani:

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,488 Posts
Its not the first time in a World Cup a Nation is brought to their knees by such huge defeats..As a matter of fact there have been worse defeats yet.
The point here though is wether the S Arabians can bounce back to show the world the other side of their dissmal performance agains the Germans.
Can they be capable of harming Ireland, Cameroon ??

That is the issue at hand...the defeat is long gone.

:cool::cap::cool:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Rafo, nah I'm just being childish and let me be it's the WC! ;)
I mean, this is not a big win in the way of 3 or 4 nil.... this is 8 fecking nil! And the MANNER in which they got destroyed was such a comedy :D
I've got nothing against Saudi KFC Arabia though, would've laughed at any team that manages to make superstars out of themselves in front of X millions of football fans ;)

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Well let me say this, I think it's a disgrace to see a team as bad as Saudi Arabia in the World Cup. I would have liked to see Austrailia in a playoff with the Saudis instead of Uruguay. I am a bit pissed off because I think that Cameroon can hammer Saudi Arabia but I don't think Ireland can. And if Ireland only manage to beat Saudi Arabia 3-0 and they go out on goal diference, I think it's a bloody disgrace. I think you guys should make sure your players know how you feel about how badly they played. They didn't show much heart at all. Saudi Arabia might have been a decent team in 94 but then again so were Norway. What I mean is that now is what matters and not 8 years ago

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
I was shocked to see Saudi play like that. Before the game, after seeing Senegal perform so well, I had high hopes that Saudi would play well and get a draw against Germany. I guess I was very wrong. However, I still feel that Saudi is a much better team than the way they played against Germany. I guess it was just a matter of extreme stagefreight more than anything else. I still believe that Saudi is capable of a much better performance and the Saudi everybody saw against Germany is not the real Saudi team. Hope they recover from the defeat and give a much better account of themselves.

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Was the the true indication of Germany when they lost 5-1 to England? :rolleyes:

aha, so since when is a team measured from one match? :rolleyes:

Those saying we shouldn't have been there, go back to the qualifiers and check the reasons....:cool:

L

·
0 Posts
i haven't seen the match, but i heard the commentaries of sportif journalists. seems maybe your players was beatten for a physical question, cause 5 goals was scored with the head.
anyway lestat, you can keep the hope, after all germany is a great squad. wait to see what the second match will be. i will support your squad:)

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
Thank you lili :heart:

I just hope they can play to there true form, that is all i ask. :depress:

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Well 8-0 is 8-0. They were sh*t. They are sh*t. End of story!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts