Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we need to ditch the midgets up front for this match, and stick Quinn up front. Have Duff run at them for a bit and win 20 or so corners, from which Kilbane, Quinner and Breen should be able to knock in a half dozen.

·
Registered
7,217 Posts
I dont think you can beat the Saudis by the same score as Germany did. The Saudis will probably play with 9 men in defense to avoid another huge defeat.
Almost all of Germanys goal where scored on headers from crosses, and it doesnt seem like Irlands kind of play with your short strikers. The Saudis are actually quite good when the ball is played on the ground.

I dont know what time of day the game will be played, but if it is in the middle of the day the Saudis will have a great advantage.

I have no doubt you can win though. I hope you can beat Germany aswell so they wount qualify. :)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I really don't think it matters who we play, I think a girls team could get a 1-0 result. S. Arabia really blew there is nothing else to say. I'm dissapointed, I wanted S. Arabia to a little bit of a test so I could judge the Germany side.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Take nothing for granted, after all we were the first team to ever fail to score against Liechtenstein if I'm not mistaken ;)

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So will the Saudis spoil the party by playing preoperly like against Cameroon or do they just want to go home to bed at this stage?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was fairly impressed with the Saudi Arabia performance aganist Cameroon earlyier today.They made chances but the finishing was bad.There defending was good also.I still think that we should beat them by at least 2 but we have to play niall Quinn from the start and get tall players like Breen and Kilbane (crap) into the box to try and get in as many headers as possible and cause as many probloms as possible.

COME ON EIRE !!!

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
For this match we need to use our heads. Get it, heads. Anyway, we need to start Quinn, he is awsome with his head and we need him there from the start. Kinsela should also be up there for allthe corners. THat's my plan, use our heads, it's what Germany did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts