Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
depends on your definition of active ;)
lol i see where goin with this what i ment is so that we can talk about the friendly between Albania and Saudi Arabi on the 21st of this month.

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
I didn't know about the friendly, thanks for pointing it out :) . Is it in Saudi or Albania?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't know about the friendly, thanks for pointing it out :) . Is it in Saudi or Albania?
They are going to play in Dammam, Saudi Arabia. Unfortunatly for us its not going to be our A team more like a mixture of some U21 with some players from the B and A team due to the fact that it is not a free date by UEFA so the clubs they play for in Europe wont let them go, Also a few of our U21 players are missing because of the Qualifier they play against Greece on the same day.

I hear Saudi Arabia will have a full squad and i heard they are very good. I have an Arabic friend that tells me they have a good player named Noor. I dont really know much but its gonna b a good game to watch. This I believe is the first time Albania plays a Middle Eastern country.

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Hi Korcari45,

Saudi won't have a full squad unfortunately. Players from Ittihad and Ahli cannot make it because of Asian Champions League commitment. Noor isn't in the squad anyway, because of internal politics. But it should be an interesting game. It's our only preparation before we head out to Uzbekistan for the WC qualifier.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Korcari45,

Saudi won't have a full squad unfortunately. Players from Ittihad and Ahli cannot make it because of Asian Champions League commitment. Noor isn't in the squad anyway, because of internal politics. But it should be an interesting game. It's our only preparation before we head out to Uzbekistan for the WC qualifier.
Thats good than it should be an even match. So both sides will be testing players.

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Hi Korcari45 ,

I've moved the conversation to it's own thread I hope you don't mind.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
yup , they didn`t play this game .. whyyyy ?

Saudi NT lost their game last Wednesday 3-0 from Uzbekistan ..

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Not sure why nobody posted it (the Arabic forum seems quite inactive somehow??) but Saudi Arabia plays Syria tonight in a friendly.

Is Syria any good? I am quite surprised to have not seen them on any big tournament yet, they are literally surrounded by football crazy countries and relatively good sides like Iraq, Turkey, Iran, Saudi, ...

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
Saudi won 1-0.

Syria is a good team. They're in that second tier of Asian sides that can beat the top teams in the confederation on their day but are never able to mount a consistent challenge.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I never saw Syria get far in tournaments. Just like Lebanon. Which is quite strange because all other teams in the area (Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Saudi Arabia) are all quality teams. So I wonder why Syria and Lebanon somehow are left behind.

Must say on the other hand that I would be not surprised if Bahrain would be the next Arab nation to qualify for the World Cup. They already have made huge progress the last years and I think this qualification campaign they will do it and qualify.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts