·
Registered
59,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
April 5 - a great fight night

- Vladimir Klitschko vs. Lamon Brewster for the WBO heavyweight title

-Cory Spinks vs. Zab Judah for all welterweight belts

and Michael Brodie vs In-Jin Chi for the WBC featherweight title

3 great fights I'm looking forward to. In fact April seems to have a lot more great fights coming up. However I'll only be able to see the first fight on the 6th since I don't get sky over here in Holland.

Lamon Brewster looks a journeyman from what I saw of his record. Getting beaten on points by Clifford Ethienne!!! who got KOed in one by Mike Tyson and his wins have been against fighters I never heard of! however of his 28 odd wins, 25 are by way of KO so Vladimir should look out and not take it too lightly though I'm sure he won't repeat the same old mistake.

Prediction: Klitschko to win in 5

Brodie vs the Korean should be a cracker too after the first fight. Too tight to call imo

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
I hope Chi wins this. IMO he won the first match and what happened there was terrible, especially for a governing board like WBC.

Brewster before the Sanders fight would stand no chance. IMO after seeing how Sanders suprised Vlad, might go for it and catch him early. Thats the only way hes going to win. I dont think he will however as hes simply not up to the level.

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Amazing night

Chi won deservedly

Spinks outpointed Judah in a good match up

AND Brewster KO'd Vlad in 5!:eek:

Unbelievable and considering my last post well done to the guy although i dont see him as champion for long

·
Registered
59,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saw the tape of the Brewster - Klitschko fight and Wladimir simply seemed to just run out of gas. He easily won the first 4 rounds and he even had Brewster on the canvas in the 4th. But then in the 5th he just became a statue :confused: in the first 4 rounds it was clear Klitschko moved a lot and that it was a tactic he had got from his trainer, Emmanuel Stewart, but in the 5th he was just finished and just stood there staring. Amazing. Brewster than caught him with a barrage of punches and the fight was over.

Credit to Brewster for coming back but he really showed nothing worthy of telling me that he'll hold the belt any longer unless he fights the butterbeans of this world. He got completely outboxed and didn't show anything to be honest. Real shame for Klitschko, great technique but I guess he has a glass chin and poor stamina to really make it to the top. What he'll do after what undoubtably is an even bigger set-back than the loss to Sanders, I wonder. I heard he might even hang up his gloves after this fight! :eek:

·
Registered
79,606 Posts
Re: April 5 - a great fight night

Wally said:

Brodie vs the Korean should be a cracker too after the first fight. Too tight to call imo
I got this opinion from many people at the fight, a couple from the press also. Chi has and alwalys will be a few steps up in class than Brodie. I spoke to Ian Darke (sky sports guy ) and he agreed with me.
I would love to see Chi Vs Barrera and the winner fight Manny Pacquiao.

regarding Wlad, he just confirmed what I already knew... he has a glass chin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts