Xtratime Community banner

161 - 180 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Me: Shirt and shorts combo where we won pretty much everything.

Me & Nacks: Identifying the ice cream avatar he was using as the problem and getting him to remove it. At the time, our form took a serious and sustained dip and this coincided with Nacka's use of the avatar, which acted as a block on our good fortunes. In other words, your threads were empirically doing jack until we got the avatar removed. That's when Treble greatness arrived.

If you believe in this stuff as you say you do, then give us our props.
Can you wear the same combo again, then?

When was the avatar change? Proof required then I will give props.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Shut up, Nancy

Anyhow, this is how juve won against Bologna.. :rolleyes:

What exactly are we looking at here?

Offensive foul from Pjanic?

I didn't see any of the Juve game....

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
The fread starting is more just a fun ritual we have here on the forum.

Forza Inter Forums - the biggest English-language Inter forum out there - has the same ritual.

It's very. very silly but we humans live by these sorts of ritualistic codes because they give our lives structure and a false sense of control amid the total chaos of real world variables/causes and effects #livingmybestlife #blessed

Some more thoughts on the defensive horror show:

I'm sorry to say it, but Lazaro definitely contributed to the mayhem in defense. He tried hard and is clearly fast and athletic. He was a sort of logical sub. But he really did unbalance the defense. I'm not saying he should be dropped forvever, but he needs more time and probably needs to start a match at San Siro against a weak Team. Throwing him in in an away game against our no.1 bogey team was not the best idea.

Bastoni and Biraghi were awful at times yesterday. Not encouraging. Bastoni is a kid, as Ahmed always says, and maybe Conte is being overly trusting, especially since he caused the Higuain goal against Juve. Bastoni's Samp Performance lulled us into a false sense of security. But he is THE ONLY left footed CB in the squad and I genuinely dread to think what Rannocchia would be like playing there....

Pity D'Ambro was injured because he could have played there yesterday. D'Ambro over Bastoni going Forward, at least until the latter gets more experience.

I would also be tempted to try Di Marco for 20 mins at LB. Biraghi is good offensively and definitely caused Sassuolo Problems yesterday but he was 100% responsible for that Berardi goal. Good player, but might just be nice to let Di Marco have a run out to see what he brings/doesn't bring to the table.

Last thing: Lautaro was just devastating yesterday. The speed and movement of the guy was just astonishing at times. Reminded me of Milito TBH, but unfortunately without the incredibly ruthless finishing. But yeah: Barca and Real will be knocking on the door soon. His Sassuolo, Juve and Barca performances were just dynamite. Let's see how he does against Dortmund on Wednesday.
Harsh to judge Lazaro based on yesterday's match. He came in at a time where Sass were running us ragged. He did manage to track back and make a couple of good interventions, which is something that should be valued.

Like you said, Biraghi was excellent going forward. However, his defence was paper thin when Sass ran the game in the 2nd half. Conte will definitely have concerns after seeing them pile their offence against our left side of defence (Biraghi and Bastoni).

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Harsh to judge Lazaro based on yesterday's match. He came in at a time where Sass were running us ragged. He did manage to track back and make a couple of good interventions, which is something that should be valued.

Lazaro came on in the 73rd, the first goal came in the 74th and Sassuolo really started running us ragged after he came on. I agree that the drop-off in tempo from the likes of Brozo came before that sub - no doubt - but Lazaro compounded the problem.

I definitely wouldn't say he was the main reason the team fell apart, but he unbalanced things.

His performance doesn't warrant massive criticism since he tried hard and made some good recovery tackles.

But it was the wrong moment to bring him on against a strong home team with a good attack.

I'd consider starting him against Parma, although I doubt Conte will do that

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
3 Sassuolo players exchanged passes for the 2nd goal while Boga waltzed through 3-4 defenders on the 3rd so it's a collective issue. Inter players probably thought game was done at 1-4 and started thinking of Dortmund, not forgetting that Sassuolo players are more rested than ours (can't be a coincidence that their best spell was the last quarter) as Sassuolo barely have any international players and their league game with Brescia before the international break was postponed after the passing of Squinzi. Effectively Sassuolo had a mini pre season before this game.

It's a good lesson which thankfully didn't cost any points. And better, more successful and experienced Inter sides had similar moments of craziness.. so it happens even to the best (even outside of Inter - the CL finals of 99 and 2005 where great teams collapsed/choked..)

Candreva must feel like a stud now. He went off and the game changed. :D

Would have had a goal and an assist too had not for Consigli and Biraghi. But subbing a player in his 30s in the second half when we are 1-4 up is logical..

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
What exactly are we looking at here?

Offensive foul from Pjanic?

I didn't see any of the Juve game....
Yeah.

Lukaku did something similar, foul..

How consistent.

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
3 Sassuolo players exchanged passes for the 2nd goal while Boga waltzed through 3-4 defenders on the 3rd so it's a collective issue.
A lot of the problems started on Lazaro's side.

From FI today:

"However, his performance against Sassuolo was ravaged by sections of the Italian Press.

In his 22 minutes on the pitch, the right-sider lost four of his 14 balls - one of which led to a Sassuolo goal - was booked and failed to win any of his five one-on-ones."

It is unfair to criticize him for a brief cameo in a difficult match, but he played badly.

Let's hope he steps up his game soon. He deserves a proper chance, i.e. a first-team start.

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
Can you wear the same combo again, then?

When was the avatar change? Proof required then I will give props.
I only have the shorts. :(

IIRC, the avatar change came when we were having a slump (surely around the Catania match). Fortunes changed immediately following the removal, as @Nacka will testify.

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
Btw, after I talent-spotted Kulusevski a month ago, it turns out that Inter is watching him as well. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
A lot of the problems started on Lazaro's side.

From FI today:

"However, his performance against Sassuolo was ravaged by sections of the Italian Press.

In his 22 minutes on the pitch, the right-sider lost four of his 14 balls - one of which led to a Sassuolo goal - was booked and failed to win any of his five one-on-ones."

It is unfair to criticize him for a brief cameo in a difficult match, but he played badly.

Let's hope he steps up his game soon. He deserves a proper chance, i.e. a first-team start.
Yeah I was watching a replay this morning and in the 2-4 goal Lazaro lost possession before Boga passed to Caputo and Caputo then assisted Djuricic. Sassuolo did this move quickly and well tbh. Good finish too.

He was among the players who failed to stop Boga in the 3-4 goal too.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
I only have the shorts. :(

IIRC, the avatar change came when we were having a slump (surely around the Catania match). Fortunes changed immediately following the removal, as @Nacka will testify.
The Muntari game :facepalm: ... Iirc that was 3-4 days before the second leg at Stamford Bridge.

My thread for the first leg of the last 16 against Chelsea preceded that avatar thinggy, then :stuckup:

Beautiful goals Principe and Cuchu

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
The Muntari game :facepalm: ... Iirc that was 3-4 days before the second leg at Stamford Bridge.

My thread for the first leg of the last 16 against Chelsea preceded that avatar thinggy, then :stuckup:
Which means it would have gone badly if not for the avatar removal. ;)

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
That is just mere speculation on your part Mr. Lawyer :stuckup: we had already won against Chelsea previously after all.

Basically your avatar change had nothing to do with 3 important games in that CL. The late comeback win in Kiev, the qualification in matchday 6 v Rubin (on my birthday so I take some credit here :stuckup: ) and the 1st leg of the last 16 v CFC.

·
Registered
40,755 Posts
After reading all of the evidence I was starting to believe that maybe the collective thought of a whole forum could on some plain influence another group's (the Inter players) thoughts in reality.

But you mean just you can do this?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,441 Posts

·
Registered
15,441 Posts
Yeah I was watching a replay this morning and in the 2-4 goal Lazaro lost possession before Boga passed to Caputo and Caputo then assisted Djuricic. Sassuolo did this move quickly and well tbh. Good finish too.

He was among the players who failed to stop Boga in the 3-4 goal too.
Let's just all admit he was bad.

It is obvious why Conte brought him on while the team was 4-1 up and on cruise control.

It's also obvious why Conte started both Bastoni and Biraghi.

But these were bad decisions.

Lazaro doesn't know the league yet

And Bastoni+Biraghi is too much new blood on the left side. Should be one or the other alongside Skriniar/Asamoah until Bastoni gets more experience and Biraghi learns the Conte System.

·
Registered
43,519 Posts
That is just mere speculation on your part Mr. Lawyer :stuckup: we had already won against Chelsea previously after all.

Basically your avatar change had nothing to do with 3 important games in that CL. The late comeback win in Kiev, the qualification in matchday 6 v Rubin (on my birthday so I take some credit here :stuckup: ) and the 1st leg of the last 16 v CFC.
Go read about causation and get back to me. @Nacka , tell him.

Btw, great job in the group stage.

That's me and Bill laughing it up.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
You make it seem as if we steamrolled or waltzed through the groupstage comfortably when obviously we didn't. Took it to the last matchday to qualify and all the teams in that group gave us problems not just Barca. When did we qualify? December 9th - On my birthday. Then I started the knockout match threads = Triplete.

Treble in order of importance:

Mourinho
Milito and the team
Me.

:stuckup:

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
Let's just all admit he was bad.

It is obvious why Conte brought him on while the team was 4-1 up and on cruise control.

It's also obvious why Conte started both Bastoni and Biraghi.

But these were bad decisions.

Lazaro doesn't know the league yet

And Bastoni+Biraghi is too much new blood on the left side. Should be one or the other alongside Skriniar/Asamoah until Bastoni gets more experience and Biraghi learns the Conte System.
There's no better chance of making Lazaro know the league/adapt than coming on with a match seemingly won, though. So Conte is blameless imo. Godin had to be rested after 2 full friendlies with Uruguay, so either the frog or Bastoni had to play, and Biraghi tbf is experienced enough to play a game v Sassuolo. He didn't **** up against Lazio iirc and obviously assisted the match winner and Lazio are better than Sassuolo surely. I think it was a mixture of a few factors like I wrote previously (international break, Sassuolo being fresher etc..)

It's a long season so it's important to rotate. Imo Valero and Esposito should start getting minutes too starting from Parma and then Brescia even off the bench.

161 - 180 of 181 Posts