Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The best basketball team in the Basque Country, also known as Laboral Kutxa (TAU Cerámica, Caja Laboral... in the past). The team from Vitoria has won ACB Liga three times and four times were runners. They also won the Copa del Rey six times from nine the finals which makes them the fourth most successful basketball club in Spain. As for the Euroleague, they were defeated in the final twice, and another three times took part in the Final Four. Like every Basque club they have loyal fans who fill two-thirds of Fernando Buesa Arena (capacity 15,504), on average, in recent times. All this makes a great club that deserves its thread here, although football is definitely the main reason why people visit this forum. Hope that more fans of the Basque country like this club and that they will be active here. :thumbsup:

It all started for me in 2000 when Dusko Ivanovic took over the club as coach. Then great players Andrés Nocioni, Luis Scola, Pablo Prigioni, Tiago Splitter, Marcelinho Huertas (from South America) with my countryman Igor Rakočević increased my devotion to this club over the years. After a couple of average seasons, the team looks fantastic again and have the potential for great achievements this season.

First of all, Velimir Perasovic was brought in as coach, which is a great thing for the club recovery. He played for Basconia (93-97) and has already been head coach (05-07). His highest coaching success is winning the Eurocup (13/14) with Valencia where he spent the last four years, has already been named as the best coach in ACB Liga for the first month of this season. Basconia are unbeaten after four rounds in ACB, and have three wins (two in overtime) and one loss in the Euroleague so far. Amazing performance so far!!! Especially considering the fact that two PF's (T. Shengelia and D. Bertans) are injured.

The greatest loss during the summer was departure of captain Fernando San Emeterio after seven years in Vitoria, with the departure of both centers C. Iverson and M. Begić. On the other hand, the biggest boost is an experienced Greek center I. Bourousis who came from Real Madrid.

PG D. Adams - M. James
SG F. Causeur - J. Blažič
SF A. Hanga - A. Corbacho - D. Bertans
PF K. Tillie - K. Kangur - M. Diop - T. Shengelia
C I. Bourousis - D. Planinić - I. Diop​

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Big game in Valencia tonight, both sides have all wins the first four rounds. Our coach Velimir Perasović will be contrary to former club for the first time, as well as San Emeterio on the other hand. In a duel of coaches Perasović leads 7:4 against Martinez, but Basconia lost their last four matches in Valencia.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Valencia 85 - 78 Saski Basconia

Captain F. Causeur had a very bad night and that's the main reason why home team had twice as many assists than we do. D. Adams was fantastic with 29 points (6/11 for three points) but it was not enough for another win. Should also mention that our coach V. Perasović got double technical foul so his former club was celebrating deservedly in this game.

The next one is the visit in Zagreb on Friday.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
End of Quarter 1 2 3 4
Cedevita Zagreb 16 31 54 76
Basconia 18 37 50 67

It was definitely the worst performance of the season. Only three offensive rebounds is very worrying fact, Cedevita had 49 total rebounds compared to our just 30. J. Blazic (20p) and I.Bourousis (14p, 8r) were the only ones at satisfying level.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
90 - Basconia (27+21+26+16)
67 - UCAM Murcia (13+23+12+19)

Finally a great game from our team with whom we extend winning streak at Fernando Buesa Arena this season.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really nobody loves this basketball club!? They won against Barcelona and Real away, while Valencia were defeated for the first time this season in Endesa tonight, guess where!?

Biiiiig Baskoniaaaaa!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts