Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FK Obilic's captain, Sasa Zoric, will sign a 2-year contract with FK Red Star. Zoric was former Red Star player who went to Obilic 6 years ago. He is supposed to play at the right back position as a replacement for Ivan Dudic who joined Benfica. The transfer fee has not been disclosed yet. So far, this has been the biggest (namewise) transfer of the summer 2000 between any two Yugoslav clubs.

Is there any other late surprise? FK Obilic and FK Rad have several good players that both Red Star and Partizan are interested in (Ocokoljic, Martinovic, Obradovic). Furthermore, Dzodic from Montpelier (France) is also available. I think there maybe some late signings if both R.S. and P. advance into European cups beyond qualifying rounds.

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...:D:D:D:D

As I said, life can be so sweet..:)
I just hope they get a couple more, or that they at least keep Bunjevcevic (he hasn't left yet!!).
But Ben Akiba, one thing I am curious about is, isn't the transfer period over??? That's what they say on glas-javnosti..
And can a club buy a player after that period??

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yap, looks like our captain, G. Bunjevcevic, will stay with the club after all, at least untill the end of the fall season. Good for Zvezda, and I think good for Bunja, since at this point no major Euro-club looks for a libero or a sweeper. He'd have a chance to get more attention from the Euro-clubs if Zvezda'd have a good campaign in the LC (or UEFA Cup).

As far as the transfer period in Yug., it is officially, ended but the major "stars" of the period (Martinovic, Ocokoljic, Obradovic) are still available. Who knows what are the rules of the FSJ. I do not live in Yug., so my information are limited. My guess is that Partizan will continue to pursue those players since they badly need defenders after Krstajic and Stojanovski left. I think that if Bunjevcevic stays, Zvezda's involvment in player transfers is finished for this season.

·
Premium Member
27,245 Posts
You are probably right, but I wouldn't mind Babeu, Martinovic or Ocokoljic coming to Zvezda...:)
Od viska glava ne boli! :D
Thnx..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts