Xtratime Community banner

Who from BT's list do you think is the MVP in the SL?

• Michael Gravgaard, Viborg

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mads Junker, FC Nordsjælland

• Poul Hübertz, Herfølge

• Fernando Derveld, OB

• Søren Barslund, Esbjerg

• Peter Degn, Silkeborg

• Jesper Thygesen, Randers

• Martin Ericsson, AaB

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Danish Paper, BT, has made a list of the most valuable player in the the 12 respective SAS Liga clubs.

Here's the list:

Brøndby

Daniel Agger (central defender, 19)

Others: Kim Daugaard, Morten Skoubo

FC København

Magne Hoseth (left midfielder, 24)

Others: Hjalte Nørregaard, Peter Christiansen

AGF

Tobias Grahn (offensive midfielder, 24)

Others: Leon Andreasen, Jesper Sørensen

Viborg

Michael Gravgaard ("all round", 26)

Others: Jesper Andersen, Jesper Christiansen

FC Nordsjælland

Mads Junker (striker, 23)

Others: Tommy Olsen, Kim Christensen

Herfølge

Poul Hübertz (striker, 26)

Others: Jakob Bresemann, Morten Cramer

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OB

Fernando Derveld (left back, 28)

Others: Mwape Miti, Arek Onyszko

Esbjerg

Søren Barslund (right midfielder, 26)

Others: Fredrik Berglund, Jan Kristiansen

FC Midtjylland

Mohamed Zidan (striker, 22)

Others: Thomas Frandsen, Søren Skriver

Silkeborg

Peter Degn (right midfielder, 27)

Thomas Olsen, Rajko Lekic (despite not being at the club anymore)

Randers

Jesper Thygesen (central midfielder, 35)

Others: Moto, Martin S. Jensen

AaB

Martin Ericsson (offensive midfielder, 24)

Others: Jimmy Nielsen, Trond Andersen

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who from BT's list do you think is the MVP of the SL?

I haven't added the option, "other", to the poll, but please do write the name of the player and why you think so, if you don't agree with any or some of the players on BT's list. :)

A discussion about the 12 players and whether they in fact are the most valuable players for their respective clubs, of course seems obvious to have in this thread.

Take it away! :)

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I voted Zidan as being above all 12 players as the most valuable player for his club, FC Midtjylland.

His presence and significance in the team is simply enormous. His talent and abilities have great value to the team's performances. He simply wins the matches for them - and it happens quite regularly.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Well... Zidane is really far away from the pack in this edition at least IMO. Obviously- the ratings used don't really tell anyone who's the MVP of the various teams. Just who's gotten the better average ratings.

For instance, Brøndby only plays really well when Kahlenberg/Retov plays well. Agger has played a handfull of games... done well...but no way an MVP.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed. Some of the players they suggest as being their respective team's MVP aren't really correct, so to speak. Agger as you mention doesn't by far have the greatest significance to the Brøndby team. I'd say an Elmander, a Retov, a Kahlenberg or even a Ankergren not to mention the team's captain and mr. Brøndby, Per Nielsen have greater value to the team.

I guess it's the same situation in most of the other clubs - despite perhaps in FCM. ;)

·
Registered
258 Posts
I have no idea, but just voted Hoset to take the piss. :tongue:

But being the biggest threat to any team I beleive is Zidan. He must have two defenders on him consistantly!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Well duttend.... Hoseth is certainly a legit candidate for FCK's MVP, and had Zidan not been so far away from the pack in terms of talent, Hoseth, IMO, would be the top candidate with Kahlenberg and Tobias Grahn. Actually, I'd agree that Hoseth is the second best player in the league. It's just that Mr. Hans "Kick me" Backe is such an airhead, that he does not get the most out of him.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I voted Zidan as well - it's really a no-brainer. None of the other candidates come even close to Zidan when it comes to value for his team. FCM will go as far as Zidan can take them - no further. He has singlehandedly turned a very ordinary team into a contender for the top 3, if not for the championship. Grahn is doing the same thing with AGF, apparently, but he is nowhere near the player that Zidan is. FCM's problem is that whenever a team succeeds in taking Zidan out of the match, they have little to offer.

Next would IMO be (in no particular order) Grahn, Jan Kristiansen and Elmander (it is not a coincidence that Brøndby started to play well almost immediately after Elmander returned from his injuries. Even though he still hasn't scored for us, I would take him over more flashy forward types as FCK's Santos and Zuma every time).

·
Registered
559 Posts
AGF

Tobias Grahn (offensive midfielder, 24)

Others: Leon Andreasen, Jesper Sørensen
----

The most important players for AGF this season is :

Brian Steen Nielsen (his best season so far), Leon Andreasen (same as BSN), Jesper Sørensen and Tobias Grahn ...

The players above are all top class for AGF this season, and the main reason for the AGF success, with AGF for once having the 3rd best defence in the league. Tobias Grahn is so highly rated by the media because he's a midfielder scoring many goals, but he dosnt play better and isnt more important for the team than e.g. Jesper Sørensen... The problem is that AGF lack a top-class forward, so ofcause it's important to have a midfielder like Grahn scoring almost a goal per match...

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Uche said:
I voted Zidan as well - it's really a no-brainer. None of the other candidates come even close to Zidan when it comes to value for his team. FCM will go as far as Zidan can take them - no further. He has singlehandedly turned a very ordinary team into a contender for the top 3, if not for the championship.
I agree that Zidan is the make or break factor in terms of FCM's league aspirations, but it comes with a price as FCM isn't getting the max from their other players because they focus on having Zidan do the damage so much.
I think FCM's squad is far from ordinary looking at the other teams- even if you forget about Zidan, and it's a mystery to me why they stagnated so. My best guess is that Erik Rasmussen is simply not a good enough coach.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Frederik said:
Danish Paper, BT, has made a list of the most valuable player in the the 12 respective SAS Liga clubs.

Here's the list:

Brøndby

What about football, do they understand anything about that ??

·
Registered
73 Posts
Rimmer said:
What about football, do they understand anything about that ??
Considering that you voted for Hoseth, maybe someone should ask you the same... ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Glen said:
I think FCM's squad is far from ordinary looking at the other teams- even if you forget about Zidan,
Okay, maybe ordinary is too harsh a word to use, but I just don't think FCM's squad is that good, apart from Zidan. I would rate BIF, FCK, OB and Esbjerg as having stronger squads than FCM player by player - and AaB and maybe even AGF are not too far behind, IMO. There is a lot of talent on FCM's team, but so far, talent is all it is. That may be because they rely too heavily on Zidan working his wonders for them, but my guess is that without him, they are just nothing more than a mid-table team.

Well, I guess we will see next week - I heard that Zidan picked up a yellow card that will see him suspended against AGF next weekend. If a Zidan-less FCM can take AGF apart, I am more than willing to eat my words :smileani: .

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Uche said:
Considering that you voted for Hoseth, maybe someone should ask you the same... ;)
Well Broendby-kid, he has keept a high level at a team who has preformed pretty bad, as far as I see it then it can only be between Zidan and Hoseth.

Anyway Broendby has many players who has a much higher value the Kim "Nonskilled" Daugaard.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Rimmer said:
Well Broendby-kid, he has keept a high level at a team who has preformed pretty bad, as far as I see it then it can only be between Zidan and Hoseth.
Hoseth has done well, no doubt about it. But what you are saying is that FCM without Zidan is a better team than FCK without Hoseth. You are of course entitled to your opinion, but I wholeheartedly disagree.

And couldn't you please lay off the childish name-calling every time somebody disagrees with you?

Rimmer said:
Anyway Broendby has many players who has a much higher value the Kim "Nonskilled" Daugaard.
I agree.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
Frederik said:
Agreed. But remember that that's BT's view and not Uche's.
Rimmer said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frederik

Here's the list:

Brøndby

What about football, do they understand anything about that ?? .
Well if you look at what I quoted, then you’ll see that I questioned the BT valuation of the players, that apparently was more that the Broendby-kid could cope with.

Kim “Crap” Daugaard as one of the most valuables players at Broendby, ho ho ho, I’m sure not a big fan of Broendby and I would be laughing my arse off if that was the case.

That Agger youth seems to be a player who could develop into a leading figure at Broendby, but so far he has player some decent matches, but also been the most expensive players for Broenby this season.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Uche said:
And couldn't you please lay off the childish name-calling every time somebody disagrees with you?
Rimmer said:
...that apparently was more that the Broendby-kid could cope with..
Obviously you couldn't. How sad.

Rimmer said:
That Agger youth seems to be a player who could develop into a leading figure at Broendby, but so far he has player some decent matches, but also been the most expensive players for Broenby this season.
Could you please elaborate on this? I assume you mean that he has made some costly mistakes. I can't recall any.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts