Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've made a poor swap again. :( We've shipped Gigi Sartor to Roma for Sebastiano Siviglia. Just like with the Almeyda-Gresko exchange there is no money involved.

The reason for these swaps? Almeyda's and Sartor's HUGE salaries... Many of you maybe didn't know it but Sartor was one of our top earners as he signed his contract in 1998 when we still poured gold over our players.

Oh well... So we're left with Diana as a starter. Could be worse. I never expected us to keep Sartor when we had him as it was a "luxuary" we can't afford...

A nice touch with this Siviglia dude is that he's actually a Parma youth product. He left as a 19 year old back in 1992 for Nocerina, where he stayed for three season before it was time for one season at Verona. Then he spent four seasons at Atalanta before he joined Roma last summer.

I don't know much about him though. He's a versatile defender, 29 years old... Is surely thought of as a backup for Diana.

Oh, and we're about to lose Adani to Inter as we can't seal a deal for Cannavaro in time. :groan:

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Oh crap. :(

Neither Almeyda nor Sartor was going to stay, but I thought that we could make much better deals the these. Even if the wages was too high for these players we should be able to do much better deals. I mean COME ON! Gresko? Siviglia? For Almeyda and Sartor.
We really suck at swapping players. Except Bachini-Diana, every swap deal we have made the last year has sucked bigtime.

About Siviglia I don't know much, but I think he's a competent defender. I thought he was central though.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The market is dead and I'm sure Parma are just happy to get rid of their contracts... :( Both Almeyda and Sartor could have ended up as subs if they had stayed and with those salaries it was impossible...

·
HEY, WHA' HAPPENED?
24,083 Posts
I thought Fenerbache were wanting to pay £5m for Almeyda? Fvcking hell, we are run by incompetents.

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
Oh come on, Sartor is a good player that we all liked, but he won't become better playing with us, the best is to get rid of him cuz he has no future at Parma.:(

On the other hand Siviglia is quit a nice player, he isn't that old and played quit a good season with Atalanta 2 years ago, i think he could be the 2nd right-back, and he can play in the center too, nice deal I.M.O.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts