Xtratime Community banner

Sapp Blatter, The clown of world Football . . .

738 views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Jern Lizardhous 
#1 ·
Just when you think he has stuck his nose in one too many topics he knows nothing about, he pops up with sensationalistic comments regarding the Eduardo injury and the tackle that preceeded it:

Fifa president Sepp Blatter has launched a stinging attack on Martin Taylor and revealed Fifa could impose a further ban on the player.

Blatter hasy described the tackle by Birmingham defender Taylor which left Arsenal striker Eduardo with a broken leg as an "attack" which has "nothing to do with football".

Hope nobody here is stupid enough to agree with this monkey. He is without doubt the most opinionated plonker in the game today and he is the head of FIFA, oh dear. Just highlights how football and their associations make major decisions based on media outcry then whats right or wrong. Footballs hierarchy has no soul, only ratings . . . . .

#2 ·
What does Sepp Blatter really know about football? He's never played the game at any level as far as I'm aware. He's just a career bureaucrat.

He'd be better off in the EU or something. ;)

#4 ·
they say he has 6 ideas abt football everyday and 7 of them r bad

i concur

how exactly does he plan to decide if a tackle is malicious or not? Not every tackle is as clear cut as taylor's....and i have heard many argue that even his was not clearly with intent to injure

Who was it....giovanella that broke Manuel Pablo's leg for Deportivo back in the day....horrible challenge and it looked totally purposely done to me until i saw the replay and also saw Giovonella crying like a baby coz he had broken a fellow professional's leg

Not always eazy to judge

#5 ·
Blatter is clueless, a shame that he is still president of FIFA. He got elected partly by bribing people.

#9 ·
Doesn't really come as a surprise to anyone, bribes always plays a keyrole in these elections.

#6 ·
Something he is saying to get attention, nothing more.

He knew what he was saying, did he really think such comments would escape the English media?

Not entirely sure of his motive behind such a controversial statement though.

The thing is, there are folk out there who think Taylor did it deliberately though, I am not one of them.

#10 ·
So those that think he's wrong, you think the way Taylor went into that tackle is acceptable? Straight leg over the ball on the shin. Well, I hate Blatter but I hate donkeys with no talent hiding behind the guise of good hard fair tackling to hit and intimidate players that are too good for them.

#11 ·
I can think of a few arsenal players that have done some dodgy tackles in the past and havent gotten life bans. How does one decifer between whats malicious and whats just a mistake/late challenge?

Didnt Eboue and Gallas kick Nani in the fa cup? Should they get life bans?

It seems arsenal fans have wenger glasses when it comes to this discussion. Paddy Viera mighnt of played as many games had we gone with your reckoning. For anybody to look at that challenge closely and to come to the conclusion that Taylor meant it, well Im sorry to say they would be an idiot . . .; Plain as . . . .

#14 ·
Wow, that Ronaldo challenge was according to Andy gray a defo peno.

And as for the Eduardo song, its actually the arsenal saps constantly buying a ticket for Moaners "everybodys out to get us" philosophy. Wouldnt expect somebody with Wengers special "see what you want to see" glasses.

You are talking about ending the career of a player who is not renowned for being a bad player, because of a poorly timed tackle. If he gets the ball theres nothing said of it. that happens at least once every game. The reason we are getting such whiny reactions is because of the injury, not the tackle. Grow the fk up, most games have far more dangerous tackles that come to nothing then what happened in this game.

#16 ·
Taylor should get a life ban and so should Eduardo for his tackle on Nani.

#19 ·
I agree, and Eboue for most of his diving tackles.

#20 · (Edited)
I dont post alot in the english section/topics,or whatsoever I only read them but damn it must be annoying to be a chelsea/liverpool or arsenal fan on this forum because the Mutd fans are some annoying pricks wining about everything that has to do with Arsenal/Chelsea or Liverpool.

#21 ·
I dont post alot in the english section/topics,or whatsoever I only read them but damn it must be annoying to be a chelsea/liverpool or arsenal fan on this forum because the Mutd fans are some annoying pricks wining about everything that has to do with Arsenal/Chelsea or Liverpool.
Needless to say the bold part. We all copped that after we read what comes after.

Seriously now, Arse and Pool fans are the two most pretentious, tunnel-vision-embracing communities on these very boards, not so the Man Utd crew.

#23 ·
I don't know, but if Batler is advocating a harsher punishment for a player that commited such violent foul, then he probally understands more about football than anyone who posted here and probally that the clumsy player who did the foul.
And it is obvious the dude didn't wanted to destroy Eduardo legs, but obviously wanted to make the foul, making him as dangerous it can get.

I really hope the circus get real and players that commit such violent only return to play when their victims are able to play again. I will be applauding the clowns, maybe the lion tammer too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.