Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Final

Liga de Quito 3 - Sao Paulo 0

As I thought this was going to be toughest game of the year so far for Sao Paulo and they showed that they weren't ready for it. Sao Paulo tried to dose its energies because of the altitude and had a few chances in the first half, but their defensive coverage and Liga very good attacking players simply did them in.

Rematch is next week and we'll see if Sao Paulo give some payback.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
few chances? Are you crazy, we lost 3 goals. We had the best chances in the first half even though we played more the defence.

LF dribbled the keeper and shot wide with a freenet, LF lost another one trying to dribble the keeper when he could have easily tapped it in and Grafiti lost a goal free inside the small box.

We had better chances to score first and we missed it

Now we had 2 games at home and only one away, LDU will lose at Morumbi for sure.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
São Paulo's defense that started the season so well didn't have a good game last night, and they already weren't that good against Cobreloa in Morumbi, giving the opponent several chances to score.

Rodrigo lost at least 3 balls in the air only in the first half yesterday, all due to bad positioning or timing (maybe this has someting to do with the altitude).

Fabão was shaky as well, and Nery terrible (defense-wise, he had some good runs in the attack). He almost gave a goal to LDU and in the third goal he simply stopped running and let Salas cross as he would like.

The offensive part of the midfield is still the worst part IMO. Each game I see convinces me more that Marquinhos and Danilo really aren't São Paulo material. Fábio Santos has potential but still has a lot to improve and isn't doing well. The players who create the most in São Paulo are Cicinho and Fábio Simplício, a right-back and a central midfielder. When that happens, you know that something is wrong...

Anyway, all of the things mentioned above aren't new, so it isn't fair to say that the team sucks just because of the result. Let me remind you that São Paulo is the Brazilian club with the best record in the year so far (8-1-1).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts