1 - 11 of 11 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anelka and Morientes stay put
from http://www.onesoccer.com

Thursday 25th May 2000

Real Madrid strikers Nicolas Anelka and Fernando Morientes will not be leaving the new European Champions whatever offers come in.
Anelka, suspended for 45 days in March and fined after refusing to train, had been linked with a move back to Paris Saint-Germain, his first club. Morientes,
who scored Real's first goal in the 3-0 win at the Stade de France, looked set to join Roma. But Madrid president Lorenzo Sanz, still basking in the glorious final victory over Valencia, claimed there was now not the slightest possibility that the pair would be going anywhere.

He said: "I'm very happy with Nicolas Anelka's behaviour. There's no question of him leaving, either for Paris or anywhere else. The same goes for Morientes.''

Sanz also had news concerning the possible arrival of two French midfielders. He said: "Emmanuel Petit won't be coming. On the other hand, Claude Makelele, yes, most likely.''
Makelele has enjoyed two fruitful seasons at Celta Vigo after leaving Marseille.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! You guys know I'm happy don't you? I want Mori to stay and it seems it's finally been confirmed. Fuc* all you Milan fans, he's not going anywhere. Mori is a Madrista and he's staying! HHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAA!! Now we have to get Zidane! hehe Ok, Makalele, you say, whatever hasppened with Celades? I would rather get Albert than Claude, but heck!? As long as we win another title I'll even settle for Ivan Campo 2! LOL :) :) :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Good news!! We have some of the best strikers in the world so why sell them. Sanz have seen the light.

The Makelele matter: I don.t think that Makalele can contribute anything to this team supreme. Which lead me in to the possible sommer signings. Please keep the team intact and buy only one or two huge or upcoming stars.

CAMPEONE CAMPEONE

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Why no news on Vasillis Tsartas? Forgive me, but he is IMO a world better then Makalele. Also Claude is a typical DM and where does that leave Redondo!? I would much rather have Petit than Makalele - we all know who's the better of the two?! This is weird. :(

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OneSoccer also says that Celedes has signed a 5 year contract for Real effective this summer.

I am sure I read it there but I don't see it any more.

Damn.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Read today in Marca that these are the players Pirri currently has his eye on.

Creative mid - main objective Veron

Defenders - Christanval, Mendez(Velez), Marchena, Cufre

Right mid - due to Lauren signing for Arsenal atention going back to Zanetti.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
Likl'Pee? Was all that about Real Madrid? It's a bit stranfe since the Zanetti crap was talked about very, very long ago. What makes me VERY happy is the Veron stuff - everyone here knows he's my 2nd best playmaker to ZiZou! :) I just hope he keeps the Italian passport in that case and comes for less than 30 mln$ :(

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Of course Pee was talking about Real Madrid! Pirri is our general manager and also our chief scout.

I read about our interest in Veron in Marca, too, and I must say that I don't like the sound of it as much as you do, Labas. Not that Veron is not good, he's world class, but here are some points to ponder.

Apart from the dispute about his passport, there are more bad sides to signing Juan Veron. If we get him, we are bound to pay top dollar for someone who's gonna completely change our formation, the effect of which usually is massive offloading of players (The primary victim would probably be one among Morientes, Anelka and McManaman. And we want them to stay, don't we all?). What's worse, Lazio's president Cragnotti who is a big fan of Rivaldo, might just use the money he gets from selling Veron to buy Baraca's Brazilian. So in effect, by buying Veron, we're giving money to Barca and helping them rebuild their team. :( Think about it, folks.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I disagree about Veron he is exactly the type of pivot we need in the middle of the pitch. And what do you mean he would change our formation?

..............Casillas

Salgado....Hierro...(various)....R.Carlos

...............Redondo

Macca...........Veron
...................................Savio
......................Raul
..........Morientes

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You just pointed out what I mean! Your formation with Veron in the lineup is very different from the formation Real Madrid uses now. The libero (Helguera) is gone. Anelka isn't there too.

·
Registered
10,086 Posts
I have wanted a playmaker all along and this IMO is Juan Sebastian Veron and believe me it surpises me that I'm not all enthsiastic now! Why? Dunno, maybe it has something to do with the fact that Juan changes clubs every year, like Vieri and in the end there will be nothing positive out of it. And if he's non EU, well that's veyr bad. In that case it's much better to go after ZiZou :) hehe. Dunno how our tactic would look with Juan, one thing is for certain though - either Redondo or Savio goes. Tuff decision, but hell, we're just specualting guys :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts