Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Secaucus, NJ (Wednesday June 26, 2002) – Argentine club River Plate and Santos of Brazil will face Glasgow Rangers as part of July doubleheaders at Giants Stadium, the MetroStars and ChampionsWorld, LLC announced today.

Rangers, 49-time Scottish Premier League champions, will take on Argentine champions River Plate on July 13 following the 4:00 p.m. ET MLS match between the MetroStars and the Chicago Fire. River Plate, one of the most storied clubs in Argentina, reached the final 16 in the 2002 version of South America’s prestigious Copa Libertadores, while winning Argentina’s Torneo Clausura.

Famed Brazilian side Santos will meet Rangers on July 20, kicking off after the MetroStars’ 4:00 p.m. ET MLS match against the New England Revolution. Santos, whose last title came in the 1998 Copa Conmebol, won world renown with FIFA’s Player of the Century, Pelé, who played with the club from 1956-1974.

Rangers are in the New York/New Jersey area to prepare for their Scottish Premier League and UEFA Cup campaigns. The Glasgow side last won the Scottish title in 2000, ending a string of 11 championships in 12 years.

Tickets are priced at $25, $35, $45, and $55.

Tickets are currently on sale at all area TicketMaster outlets, the Continental Airlines Arena box office, or www.MetroStars.com. For group tickets or special packages, fans can call the MetroStars toll free at 1-888-METROTIX.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
i'm going! my best brazilian friend here in new york city grew up in sao paulo and LOVES santos. i already got five tickets. yes!

btw, there was talk of a usa-brazil game in new jersey on august 8 or august 15, but i just talked to a guy i know at the metrostars and he says the game is NOT going to happen. que pena.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts