Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,that's right!The same Santos who asked a few months ago for Tunisian citizenship and played(won) with Tunisia the African Nations Cup back in February!Most of us know that he's Brazilian and NOT Tunisian.He played for a Tunisian club for 4 years before moving to France.He applied for Tunisian citizenship knowing that he had zero chance to play for either Brazil or France,but knew that he was good enough to somehow play for Tunisia!But does he feel that he's Tunisian?...

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/photos/index.html?i=287&d=1

Not for a second!You can clearly see that on the picture,when he won the French League Cup with Sochaux about 2 weeks ago that he has a huge Brazilian flag on his back!So therefor,he proves that he's Brazilian more than anything else.But why does he play for Tunisia then?Because he's hungry for international football.He's a Brazilian left over and because of the fact that he's Brazilian,he thinks that's a good enough reason to play international football!

So there you have it!He doesn't care about the country itself(Tunisia),neither about the Tunisian flag or the national anthem...Heck he only goes to Tunisia for international football concerns.He's a fake!

So to all the Tunisians supporters,Santos is using Tunisia without a doubt!That's one of the main reasons why for international football,naturalization must end!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,421 Posts
Don't mean to be harsh, but I think he has a Nantes shirt around his shoulders :eek: ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,421 Posts
Soccerfever said:
Nice try...:rollani:
My friend, do you know the colours of FC Nantes Atlantique? The match was between Nantes and Sochaux right? What do players do at the end of the match? Swapping shirts anyone...
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
30,098 Posts
Prince-O ,that is a Brazilian flag, yes. But so what ? He is a player with two citzenship he can pick which one and when to use it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Prince-O said:
My friend, do you know the colours of FC Nantes Atlantique? The match was between Nantes and Sochaux right? What do players do at the end of the match? Swapping shirts anyone...
Of course!The last time I saw a FC Nantes match was when they played PSG a few weeks ago!Nantes main color is yellow yes but their shirt has no blue on it!Anyway...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,223 Posts
The club colours of Nantes are Yellow and Green, and whilst that flag is yellow and green it also has the blue planet on it which is present on the brazilian flag, so I guess it must be the Brazilian flag.

~ The Green ;)ne
 

·
Cachorro
Joined
·
18,741 Posts
There's no doubt about it, that is the Brasilian flag he's wearing. And I agree, it says a lot about his true nationality. When he celebrates he does so wearing Brazil's flag over his shoulders... the flag of his birthplace. Not Tunisia's. So yeah, it does look like he used Tunisia so he can play international football – what's the surprise? A lot of players do the same thing nowadays, and even some big and traditional nations do it... I won't name names because that's besides the point and people would get upset unnecessarily. :lala:

I actually think there must be a LOT of these "nationalized" players out there who feel just like Santos: the nation they really love aren't the nations they play for. Most "nationalized" players are simply more discreet and avoid showing their love to their original nations in public.

And there are different reasons for playing in a nation other than your own. Some of them play in bigger/more successful nations because that gives them a chance for international success; some others just want to play for whoever can offer them a chance at international football, because their original nations have better choices available. Santos fits into the second group.

But really, if you're going to get outraged over Santos... you should also be outraged over all the other people who were born in one nation and chose to play for another, for whatever reasons. Not only the Brazilians, but also the Senegalese, Argentinian, Ghanese and all the others. And the outraged finger-pointing should extend to the nations that recruit these "imported" players to strenghten their teams, making a mockery of everything that international football should mean. :thumbdwn:

Soccerfever said:
But why does he play for Tunisia then?Because he's hungry for international football.He's a Brazilian left over and because of the fact that he's Brazilian,he thinks that's a good enough reason to play international football!
Apparently he IS good enough to play international football in the Tunisian NT... otherwise they wouldn't have invited him, would they? ;) So he doesn't "think" he's good enough, he is.

Soccerfever said:
So there you have it!He doesn't care about the country itself(Tunisia),neither about the Tunisian flag or the national anthem...Heck he only goes to Tunisia for international football concerns.He's a fake!
Why is he a fake? Did he fool the federation, did he show them forged documents that said he was born in Tunisia? No, he was a foreigner recruited to improve the Tunisian National Team, and the Tunisians knew exactly what they were getting... a Brasilian who agreed to play for their NT. It's not fair to single him out as a "fake" and treat Tunisia as a victim – if this is a crime, then the Tunisian federation is Silva's willing accomplice.

...but of course... if this is a crime, some of the most powerful and prestigious NTs in Europe do it too... :rollani: ....nudge nudge, wink wink, say no more. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58,059 Posts
Garrincha

I Don't agree with your POV. What Tunisia has done is legal Yes but it's wrong if you look at it from the moral prespective. What's the difference between Tunisia and any club that would later purchase Santos ? It's really simple..If Santos had a chance to be called-up for the Brazil squad, would he have ever thought, even for a second, about Tunisia ? So yes he used them and he still feels he's not Tunisian. Man, even club football is more loyal that that. And i got to admit that what Santos did was stupid (celebrating with the Brazilian flag), he should've understood that his act would hurt Tunisian's feelings and show that he's a fake. He should've kept his emotions to himself.

And you can't compare this case to that of Vieira, Desailly, Zidane etc.. Those people lived in France since they were kids and are committed to France 100%. Well, Santos isn't. ;)
 

·
Cachorro
Joined
·
18,741 Posts
Nerazzuri4life said:
What Tunisia has done is legal Yes but it's wrong if you look at it from the moral prespective.
I never denied that it's wrong... I even commented on how that sort of "naturalization" makes a mockery of everything that international football should mean. I simply pointed out that if we're going to point indignant fingers at Santos, then Tunisia is just as guilty as him... and OTHER nations and players are guilty of the same thing.

Nerazzuri4life said:
It's really simple..If Santos had a chance to be called-up for the Brazil squad, would he have ever thought, even for a second, about Tunisia?
The answer is obvious, he would never have played for Tunisia if he had a chance of playing for Brasil.

Nerazzuri4life said:
So yes he used them and he still feels he's not Tunisian.
He used Tunisia and Tunisia used him. It was a useful arrangement for both parties. Santos never lied to the Tunisian federation about where he was born, and they knew perfectly well that he had no ties linking him to Tunisia. I ask again, how exactly is he a "fake"? The Tunisian NT knew what they wanted, and they knew what they were getting: a Brasilian who would make their team stronger. Simple. Attempting to single him out as "villain" of this situation is ridiculous, it was a mutual agreement between adults who knew what they were doing.

If you want to demonize Santos that's fine by me, but you can't ignore the responsibility of the Tunisians in this shameful arrangement.

Nerazzuri4life said:
And i got to admit that what Santos did was stupid (celebrating with the Brazilian flag), he should've understood that his act would hurt Tunisian's feelings and show that he's a fake. He should've kept his emotions to himself.
Agree with you there, it was a dumb thing to do.

Nerazzuri4life said:
And you can't compare this case to that of Vieira, Desailly, Zidane etc.. Those people lived in France since they were kids and are committed to France 100%. Well, Santos isn't. ;)
I never mentioned any names.

But if you NEED examples of players who did similar things, there was an African in the Germany National Team that played the 2002 World Cup final against Brasil (I forget his name right now), and I don't remember anyone showing any outrage about that laughable "naturalization". Spain used the Brasilian Catanha briefly in their NT, and nobody minded – yet, what's the difference between Catanha and Santos? And the US National Team has many "imported players" as well, such as frenchman David Regis – who didn't even speak english when he debuted for the US team in World Cup 1998. :rollani: Where's the outrage? Or is it only shameful when third-world countries do it?

And the only difference between what Santos did, and what the argentinian Camoranesi did, is that Camoranesi at least was able to dig up some old family ties with Italy before joining them... because his reasons to join were PRECISELY the same as Santos': before joining the Azzurri Camoranesi admitted that the Argentina NT was his 1st choice, but the competition for a squad position was too hard – so he joined an NT where the competition would be easier for him. :mute:

This is where the Italians will get offended and attack me, claiming that Camo's family ties to Italia qualify him for their NT... but I'm not arguing that, legally he did have the right to play for Italy. I'm simply pointing out that Camoranesi himself said that he would rather have played for Argentina, but since it wasn't possible he accepted to play for the 2nd alternative. The same reasoning that led Santos to join Tunisia... :lala:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re: Santos proves that he's using the Tunisian NT...

Garrincha said:
There's no doubt about it, that is the Brasilian flag he's wearing. And I agree, it says a lot about his true nationality. When he celebrates he does so wearing Brazil's flag over his shoulders... the flag of his birthplace. Not Tunisia's. So yeah, it does look like he used Tunisia so he can play international football – what's the surprise? A lot of players do the same thing nowadays, and even some big and traditional nations do it... I won't name names because that's besides the point and people would get upset unnecessarily. :lala:
It would be a very very long affair to complain everytime that a naturalized player comes around to play for another side.

Garrincha said:
And there are different reasons for playing in a nation other than your own. Some of them play in bigger/more successful nations because that gives them a chance for international success; some others just want to play for whoever can offer them a chance at international football, because their original nations have better choices available. Santos fits into the second group.
Garrincha,I can understand your point,but we're talking about international football here.Players shouldn't get citizenship only for the purpose of playing international football!Geez!So many Greats of the game such as George Weah,Eric Cantona,Abedi Pele,Ryan Giggs,Di Stefano etc never played in one single World Cup!That didn't kill them!Santos is like 25 years of age,he could have still possibly one day got a call up to the Brazilian squad.And if he felt that he wasn't good enough,he could have still said to himself:"Well,I'm going to improve my skills and show to everyone that I am more than capable of wearing the shirt of the Brazilian national team"if he loves Brazil so much!Look at Dede and Edu who both had toughts to play for other national sides,they were recently called up for the national friendly against Hungary!They probably thought that it was not going to happen but it did!

Santos is fake because he doesn't have love for the national sides he plays for that's why!By the way,Tunisia aren't the ones who asked him to play for their side,he was the one who offered himself to them so here's another proof that he's not real!But it is true that sometimes the countries are the ones who ask players!Instead of naturalizing players,they should concentrate on the natives born to ensure the future of their national team.

You see,the way I see things,international football is something that every player and football associations should respect.When the national anthem plays(for a X country)before a match,it's something that only the players from that X country can feel,nobody else can,the love for their homeland!A national anthem is sacred,just like the national jersey or the flag!We all know that Santos doesn't have these feelings towards Tunisia!

Remember national football is something exceptional that nobody
should take advantage of!

Peace!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58,059 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Santos proves that he's using the Tunisian NT...

Soccerfever said:
It would be a very very long affair to complain everytime that a naturalized player comes around to play for another side.



Garrincha,I can understand your point,but we're talking about international football here.Players shouldn't get citizenship only for the purpose of playing international football!Geez!So many Greats of the game such as George Weah,Eric Cantona,Abedi Pele,Ryan Giggs,Di Stefano etc never played in one single World Cup!That didn't kill them!Santos is like 25 years of age,he could have still possibly one day got a call up to the Brazilian squad.And if he felt that he wasn't good enough,he could have still said to himself:"Well,I'm going to improve my skills and show to everyone that I am more than capable of wearing the shirt of the Brazilian national team"if he loves Brazil so much!Look at Dede and Edu who both had toughts to play for other national sides,they were recently called up for the national friendly against Hungary!They probably thought that it was not going to happen but it did!

Santos is fake because he doesn't have love for the national sides he plays for that's why!By the way,Tunisia aren't the ones who asked him to play for their side,he was the one who offered himself to them so here's another proof that he's not real!But it is true that sometimes the countries are the ones who ask players!Instead of naturalizing players,they should concentrate on the natives born to ensure the future of their national team.

You see,the way I see things,international football is something that every player and football associations should respect.When the national anthem plays(for a X country)before a match,it's something that only the players from that X country can feel,nobody else can,the love for their homeland!A national anthem is sacred,just like the national jersey or the flag!We all know that Santos doesn't have these feelings towards Tunisia!

Remember national football is something exceptional that nobody
should take advantage of!

Peace!
Great post there. :star: Agree with every single word. :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Firenze said:
Is it me or does anybody else see Inter's Obafemi Martins in picture 1 and Brecia's Roberto Baggio in picture 2?
Lol!it's not you Firenze!I guess that it's because FIFA keeps on adding pictures from time to time so the photo that you're looking for is further on the album that's what's going on....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,484 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Santos proves that he's using the Tunisian NT...

Nerazzuri4life said:
Great post there. :star: Agree with every single word. :thumbsup:
Yes, I also agree. I don't know what to say, I think you've ended the argument here:D
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top