Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Barcelona coach Frank Rijkaard was against the arrival of Ronaldinho, it has been revealed.

The amazing revelation comes from former Barca vice-president Sandro Rosell, who was instrumental in getting Ronaldinho to the Nou Camp.

Rosell is releasing a book on his time at Barca alongside president Joan Laporta. Along with the Ronaldinho revelation, he also reveals that Laporta wanted to sack Rijkaard and replace him with Luiz Felipe Scolari when Real Madrid were 14 points clear in the early months of his time in charge. :howler:

The book is yet to be released, but sources close to the author have also told AS that Rosell lifts the lid on the limitless power wielded by Johan Cruyff at Barca.

---------------------------------------------------

That's really interesting, I can't wait to get this book. I am particularly interested in the Johan Cruyff influence, it seems his legacy will be there forever.

The thing about Rijkaard rejecting Ronaldinho is not really that surprising, yes, he always had talent, but let's not forget he was a bit of a bad boy at PSG and was fined once for his unprofessionalism. It was a gamble paying so much for him, but luckily for Barcelona the lad has kept his head down and developed into the World's best.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
im waiting for barca fans to denounce rosell, even though they loved and adored him whilst he was at barca, and some said he should be president instead of laporta. lets see how this thread develops

·
Banned
3,325 Posts
redhat said:
im waiting for barca fans to denounce rosell, even though they loved and adored him whilst he was at barca, and some said he should be president instead of laporta. lets see how this thread develops
No, it´s actually quite the contrary. Sandro should NEVER EVER have left this club.
What is so surprising about Laporta wanting to fire Rijkaard, at that point in the season? I think most of the barcelonista was for it. Even myself.
Thankfully he didn´t and we are on top now :cool:
Rosell :thumbsup:

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
Yep, Rijkaard also really wanted Iaquinta but ended with Maxi.

As far as I knew, I always thought it was Rossell who wanted Scolari and Laporta was the one to keep faith with Rijkaard not the other way round.

·
Banned
3,325 Posts
Culéd said:
The thing is that, as opposed to that hardheaded moron van Gaalen, Rijkaard can admit his mistakes.
Excactly. Rijkaard ADMITS his mistakes and he LEARNS from his mistakes.
That´s the reason why our Rijkaard will become a mastercoach in the near future.
Lopez Caro anyone?????

·
Banned
3,325 Posts
Oh, and madristas!! Just because Raul Bravo doesn´t amuse you enough, in your very own circus :jester:, don´t try to bring it in here.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I am really disappointed with Rossells attitude with publishing this book, it shows that his loyalty to the club is questionable to say the least

I don't think that Rossel as president would be wise, he is much too biased to buying brazilian players, and that would have killed the harmony at the club just like under Van Gaal

·
Banned
3,325 Posts
Arjen_Robben said:
I am really disappointed with Rossells attitude with publishing this book, it shows that his loyalty to the club is questionable to say the least

I don't think that Rossel as president would be wise, he is much too biased to buying brazilian players, and that would have killed the harmony at the club just like under Van Gaal
No, because Rosell wasn´t loyal, when he was in the club :rolleyes:
Roy Keane did the same thing and he´s a Man U legend.

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Yeah, i think its a touch classless for Sandro to do this. It smells of childish lust for revenge. You're out, get over it. If you really love Barca you don't try to bring it down, unless your real goal all along was to be the man in power. Barca doesn't need so many power hungry men in the club, that's when things turn ugly.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
This is assuming everything in the book is actually true. After all, HE is the one who left in a mood, without adequately explaining his grievances or problems, other than "Laporta's not the same!". Some of the things mentioned there, I've never heard or read them anywhere before. I mean, with the coach situation, if Laporta wanted to fire Rijkaard, why didn't he? He does have that power, and if he wanted a change what stopped him?

Of course, saying these things when the Club goes from strength to strength somewhat weakens your complaints, I feel. I was never one of those who salivated at the mouth over Rosell, so perhaps I'm a lot less trusting of what he has to say.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
When we got rid of Kluivert, Ten Cate said that they didn't request Larsson as well.

I'm glad that the ones who knew what Barça needed were the ones who decided the signings. I don't know why people want to give medals according to the players that each one has signed. I don't care if it was Laporta, Rosell, Txiki, Eusebio, Rijkaard or Ten Cate. We're Football Club Barcelona, not a president who signs Eto'o, a vicepresident who signs Ronaldinho and Deco, etc. They all work for Barça and Barça should go first.

Rosell couldn't stand Cruyff, that's his problem. He did very well when he was with us, very useful and I'm grateful for that, but I don't understand this.

It's like he wants the credit for the success of Barça. If anyone who has worked for Barça tell what they have done.. I guess Txiki could write another book, so does Laporta and so does Soriano and so does every f*cking member of the board who have worked really hard to reach these unbelievable moments we're living now.

·
Banned
3,325 Posts
He wrote a book, big deal. Do we have anything to hide :confused:
I can´t blame him, for not getting along with cruijff. Who can really :undecide:

·
Registered
520 Posts
redhat said:

F*(K LAPORTA :rolleyes:

I supported Rosell when there was a huge rift in the club. I also don't like how Cryuff runs things behind the scenes but can never be held responsible when things go wrong since he's not established as a director for the club.

HAVING SAID ALL THAT,

Rosell is acting like a child. What does he inted to do with this book, destabilize Barcelona? We're in a crucial stage in the CL and the can't let our foot off the pedal in the league. I have lost a lot of respect for this man. From the look of this it seems I was wrong to support him because children aren't capable of doing the jobs of men.

·
The Ties That Bind
16,234 Posts
I was skeptical about Rosell when he left. If you saw the documentary it was almost as if he wouldn't listen and as if he was pissed if he didn't get his way. Still I think he did great things for us when he was on board and I still wish he was with us.

I buy most of what L-Pheno has posted. I would be willing to be that Rosell's comments on Scolari are a bit lacking. He is probably the guy who recommended him. In fact he probably wanted him to come as well.

As for the signings, we'll see going forward. At least Rijkaard is using the guys and Rijkaard really seems to get them and what they can do for the team. I can see based on these comments though why we'd be willing to get rid of a guy like JRR. Don't agree with it, but now I can see their thought process (even though it's wrong).

Cruyff's involvement has helped us and Cruyff will always be Cruyff. I'd prefer that he just stayed quite most of the time, but what are you going to do?

Funny know comments about Laporta's "megalomania" (sp).

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Maz said:
Yep, Rijkaard also really wanted Iaquinta but ended with Maxi.

As far as I knew, I always thought it was Rossell who wanted Scolari and Laporta was the one to keep faith with Rijkaard not the other way round.

yes but how exactly do we know that FR wanted iaquinta? i never remember him coming out and saying, yes we only want iaquinta...

and as for the book, who really cares? we have r10 now, were top of la liga, semis of the UCL, FR has won us the league and ronnie has all the individual awards under the sun. everyones sweet and happy at barca, and im sure rossell will make some money from the book so hes good too, everybody wins....except for woodgate

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
I hope the book comes out in English, so I can read in detail exactly what Rosell is saying. After all, there is really no way for us fans to verify who wanted to sign what players and when. The only "evidence" we have of the actual discussions between Barca management members is that documentary of our first season under Rijkaard.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts