1 - 20 of 289 Posts

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: :eek: :eek:

There is nothing about this (yet) in Mundo Deportivo or Sport... :confused:

http://skysports.planetfootball.com/Article.asp?id=249523

Barcelona vice president Sandro Rosell will leave his post at the end of the season.

Rosell's relationship with president Joan Laporta (pictured) has deteriorated in recent times leading him to bring an end to his spell with the Catalan giants.

Rosell is reported to be upset at his lack of influence in transfer matters, especially Barca's attempts to bring in reinforcements during the January transfer window.

He admitted that his relationship with Laporta was indifferent, recently stating: "It's a marriage, there are highs and lows."

Rosell has decided to remain in his post to try and provide the club with stability as they look to claim their first trophy in some five years in the second half of the season.

:wth:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
La gota que ha colmado el vaso ha sido la indiferencia que ha sufrido durante el proceso de selección de fichajes para reforzar al equipo en el mercado de invierno. Sandro ató personalmente a Costinha y Edu, con los que mantiene una buena amistad. Incluso Deco participó en alguna conversación convenciendo al centrocampista del Oporto para continuar juntos un provechoso camino que iniciaron en Portugal. Su calidad contrastada se unía a la amistad que tiene con Deco y al buen funcionamiento que ambos han mantenido en el Oporto. Pero la propuesta de Rosell fue totalmente ignorada por la secretaría técnica y por Laporta, que han preferido mantenerle al margen de los fichajes.

Sandro wanted to get Costinha and Edu to Barcelona during the winter market, but Laporta and his CO said no....

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
This issue is worrying me... the noise is each time bigger. It's not the first time that I've heard all this and I don't like it at all. For me, Rosell is an important man, who knows about this "business" and there are several things about Laporta that I begin to dislike. It's like if he thought that he knew everything from one day to the other and he pays more attention to Cruyff (who has no responsability in the club) than to Rosell. I still recall how he acted with the Basketball issue and now the team is paying the consequences losing a top coach like Pesic. IMO, Laporta and his people has ruined the only thing that Gaspart didn't destroyed: the basketball section.

I really like Rosell who was the one that brought the best 2 players of the team, Deco and Ronaldinho and not paying stupid amounts of money. If this is finally true, I think that I'll begin to change my mind about Laporta. He's becoming another Nuñez.

Not only this, Laporta initially established a logical estructure where the sports department had to take decissions about who was necessary to buy, instead of leaving this decisions only for the coach. Now, I don't see this logical estructure. It's like if everyone were doing the battle by themselves.

I don't like it. :mad:

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
WTF is happening now??? :wallbang:

rossell is a key man in our board and we need him for other transfers in the future,to sack him or let him leave will a huge mistake from laporta :scream:

i really don't like this situation,and i really hope that the team won't be affected by problems inside the board!! :veiled:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Just to show you what power does to a man. This is going to be the downfall of Barcelona, no doubt about it. Laporta does not want Rossell to gain more power in the club. He probably sees in him a future presedential threat. Some people believe that Rossell right now has a lot of power and is capable of taking away the next elections from Laporta since he has brought Ronaldinho, Deco, Belleti, Edmilson. Rossell has a good relationship with the players and his father has a greater history in the club. He would surely be one of the most popular candidates. Laporta sees this (or maybe ppl around him like Cruyff who are jealous bastards put this in his head) and probably wants Sandro to have the less power in the club. A real screwed up scenario.

The shameful part of this is, that in the end, the greatest loser from all of this is Barcelona and its fans.

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If Laporta was worried that Rosell is a potential presidential rival, then the last thing he should be doing is letting him leave... Keeping him on board and on the same side is best for the club IMO. It is obviously not a coincidence that Barça has such a Brazilian flavour at the moment due to Rosell's influence. From everything I have read and seen (like the FC Barcelona Confidencial documentary), I like Rosell and what he has done at the club so far. He is perfect for his position, and him and Laporta looked really close and on the same page last season. It is a shame to lose someone who so far has shown that he knows what he is doing in his position. The bullshit power struggles need to stop in an ideal scenario, but since this isn't Utopia, I guess nobody can stop Rosell from leaving now... Him and Laporta started this project together, and now at the first big hurdle (disagreements over the winter signings), it seems that egos are clashing. This SUCKS...

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
meanwhile, these is still nothing about this in the 2 Barça papers' websites...

·
40,147 Posts
zyad said:
meanwhile, these is still nothing about this in the 2 Barça papers' websites...
Well, this is not that new and I already read something about it in the Catalan press in the past. The first time that it was obvious that Rosell and Laporta had disagreements was in the Valero Rivera issue. Just to recall, Laporta decided to make Valero the director of all the sports sections, except football. The basketball responisibles and the coach, Pesic, didn't want to deal with a handball man for running their section, which was very successful at that time (in the last 2 years, 1 Euroleague (the basketball CL), 2 Ligas and 1 Copa). Pesic resigned and the fans were with him, booing Valero Rivera (who is a legend in the Handball section, the most successful of the club thanx to him) in the Palau Blaugrana. Rivera finally resigned. It was Laporta's decision to put Valero there, while Rosell and his people thought that was a big mistake... and finally they were right. I don't know why all these disagreements of the Board became public and I guess that Laporta felt ridicule.

A couple of months ago, some people saw Laporta and Rosell discussing in the parking zone of the Camp Nou and there were some workers of the club near them. This issue was public too.

The possible departure of Rosell has been in the press in the last few months and at the begining I thought that it was a stupid rumour of the madridista press, but it's getting real.

As you said, if Laporta thinks that Rosell is a contra-power inside the club, the worst thing that he could do is to let him go. I don't know if Rosell wants to be the Barça president, I've never heard him saying such a thing. But if this is true, Laporta has done a stupid movement. I think that Rosell has a good image among the fans in Barcelona, if things go wrong for Laporta and Rosell plans to be a candidate in the future, our current president could have created a "monster" for him, because the fans already know Rosell and they know that Ronaldinho is here thanx to Sandro. Actually, it worries me too because of this. Ronaldinho came because Rosell is his personal friend from the time that he lived in Brazil working for Nike. So Ronaldinho is going to lose a person of his confidence inside the club.

Laporta, you're acting as the man that you wanted to "kill", Núñez. :nono:

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
I think it will all work out just fine, there's still Beguiristain and Rijkaard. Maybe Laporta will even bring Valdano to the club if Rosell really leaves :D

·
Registered
70,229 Posts
Rosell is an important person in the club and he´s a good business man, but he liked too much the Brazilian players. If he could do it we would have 9 or 10 Brazilian players in the squad and maybe Scolari as coach...he lost his mind in that way.

I like him anyways because he´s an intelligent person and knows the modern football. I hope Barca won´t miss him when he leaves.

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Koeman4 said:
Well, this is not that new and I already read something about it in the Catalan press in the past. The first time that it was obvious that Rosell and Laporta had disagreements was in the Valero Rivera issue. Just to recall, Laporta decided to make Valero the director of all the sports sections, except football. The basketball responisibles and the coach, Pesic, didn't want to deal with a handball man for running their section, which was very successful at that time (in the last 2 years, 1 Euroleague (the basketball CL), 2 Ligas and 1 Copa). Pesic resigned and the fans were with him, booing Valero Rivera (who is a legend in the Handball section, the most successful of the club thanx to him) in the Palau Blaugrana. Rivera finally resigned. It was Laporta's decision to put Valero there, while Rosell and his people thought that was a big mistake... and finally they were right. I don't know why all these disagreements of the Board became public and I guess that Laporta felt ridicule.

A couple of months ago, some people saw Laporta and Rosell discussing in the parking zone of the Camp Nou and there were some workers of the club near them. This issue was public too.

The possible departure of Rosell has been in the press in the last few months and at the begining I thought that it was a stupid rumour of the madridista press, but it's getting real.

As you said, if Laporta thinks that Rosell is a contra-power inside the club, the worst thing that he could do is to let him go. I don't know if Rosell wants to be the Barça president, I've never heard him saying such a thing. But if this is true, Laporta has done a stupid movement. I think that Rosell has a good image among the fans in Barcelona, if things go wrong for Laporta and Rosell plans to be a candidate in the future, our current president could have created a "monster" for him, because the fans already know Rosell and they know that Ronaldinho is here thanx to Sandro. Actually, it worries me too because of this. Ronaldinho came because Rosell is his personal friend from the time that he lived in Brazil working for Nike. So Ronaldinho is going to lose a person of his confidence inside the club.

Laporta, you're acting as the man that you wanted to "kill", Núñez. :nono:

I hear what you are saying, and I agree 100%... I thought the same thing in the past... that the press was blowing things out of proportion when the two had disagreements. I couldn't picture things deteriorating between the 2 of them so fast.
Rosell IS popular with the Brazilians in the club (especially Dinho). This thing is a mess, and Laporta has been acting strange in the past few months. In public he has been the same humble character (well, as humble as a big club president can get), and it seems in private, he is becoming quite the control freak. He has to watch out with what he does and remember that he doesn't own the club, and the socios put him there. Like you said, he risks becoming like Nunez, and if Rosell does quit this June, then the Blue Elephant will have lost its trunk!
Why can't we Barça fans ever have a nice long period of prosperity with no bullshit!?!?!? :scream:

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
why this has to come up this season, the season that promises a good one, i have no idea why this has to come up, regardless of the fall outs, with laporta being so stupid, we are building something good here, and if rossell leaves i dont see a bright future for us, especially when it comes to negociating transfers and bringing in quality player

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
zyad said:
OK.... here we go.... who wants to translate???

According to Sport and MD, he doesn't know if he is going to continue after this season:

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idp...&idnoticia_PK=178746&idseccio_PK=637&h=050113

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/20050113/NOTICIA190445714.html

Rosell no tiene decidido su futuro

"No lo sé. Sinceramente tampoco sé lo que haré dentro de dos semanas. Mi situación no va afectar el futuro de Ronaldinho en el Barça"

MDol / BARCELONA

13/01/05 17:19 h.Sandro Rosell está valorando su futuro como vicepresidente deportivo del Barcelona de cara a la próxima temporada. "No lo sé. Sinceramente tampoco sé lo que haré dentro de dos semanas, porque la intensidad de trabajar y de estar relacionado con este club es tan, tan alta que un día aquí es como trabajar una semana en otro sitio. Es de una intensidad brutal".

Sobre el fichaje de jugadores en el mercado de invierno fue contundente "Los clubs no están dispuestos a dejar escapar a sus jugadores a media temporada, porque es absurdo. Es como si nos viniera alguien a preguntar por Deco, le diríamos que no".

Señaló que ahora su trabajo no es fichar. "No me quiero desligar y estoy atento por si me piden ayuda y me necesitan. Añoro mi etapa como socio para volver a mi silla y criticar a la junta. Ahora no puedo hacerlo, porque soy yo mismo. Mi situación no va afectar el futuro de Ronaldinho en el Barça. Está encantando de la vida en el Barcelona, le encanta el club y la ciudad. No tiene nada que ver que esté yo o no. Es absolutamente independiente."

------------------------------------------------------------------

Rosell does not have determined its future "No I know it. Sincerely I do not know either what I will do within two weeks. My situation does not go to affect the future of Ronaldinho in the Barça"

MDol/BARCELONA 13/01/05

17:19 h.Sandro Rosell is valuing its future like sport vice-president of Barcelona facing the next season. "No I know it. Sincerely I do not know either what I will make within two weeks, because the intensity to work and to be related to this club is so, so high that a day is here like working one week elsewhere. He is of an intensity brutal".
On the draftee of players in the winter market clubs was forceful "Los are not arranged to let escape to its players to average season, because he is absurd. It is as if somebody came to ask to us for Deco, we would say that no" to him;.
It indicated that now its work is not to file. "No I am wanted to separate and I been kind in case they request aid to me and they need to me. I long for my stage like partner to return to my chair and to criticize to the meeting. Now I cannot do it, because I am i myself. My situation does not go to affect the future of Ronaldinho in the Barça. It is enchanting of the life in Barcelona, it enchants the club and the city to him. It does not have anything to do that I am or no. He is absolutely independiente."

·
40,147 Posts
GICA said:
Rosell is an important person in the club and he´s a good business man, but he liked too much the Brazilian players. If he could do it we would have 9 or 10 Brazilian players in the squad and maybe Scolari as coach...he lost his mind in that way.

I like him anyways because he´s an intelligent person and knows the modern football. I hope Barca won´t miss him when he leaves.
Sandro Rosell was always sincere in this. I don't know if you recall an interview in "El Larguero" a couple of weeks ago. He didn't lie about Scolari. Let's recall what we ALL thought about Frank Rijkaard in November and December, we wanted him to be out, mainly because he had never showed in the past that he could do well in a big club when his biggest "success" was the relegation for Sparta. At this point, the name of Scolari appeared. It's normal, Rosell had lived in Brazil for years and he knows him very well. The problem are not the Brazilians, but how good are the Brazilians. Motta was already in the club, Edmilson and Belletti are both international, they have experience in Europe and they're good and cheap players (I don't think that anyone has problems with them); and finally, Deco and Ronaldinho, who are both in the top 5 of any list of "Best Player of 2004".

But there's a thing that makes me sick since long ago. I love Johan Cruyff and what he did for us, but I do not understand why he has so much power and influence on Laporta, when he has no responsability in the club. Rosell has presented as guarantee his own patrimony to be member of the board of the club. On the other hand, the other one is playing golf the whole day and writing once a week in a newspaper. If Cruyff is right, he can say: "I told you so" and if he's wrong, he doesn't have to respond to anyone. Zero responsability. I understand Rosell, he's the sport vice-president and the president avoids constantly his opinion... if he resigns, he would have taken the correct decision. Besides, Rosell has always acted with class, always cooling this situation, while I've never heard Laporta defending his own Board and that makes me sick, because he is the president.

Laporta has done quite well overall, but he has taken some bad decisions too. I won't say that I dislike Laporta, but I'm begining to see attitudes that recall me a lot to the typical stupid football president of any Spanish club.

The presidency of Barcelona is very "sweet". He will always have people prasing you as if you were the president of the Government. Laporta is liking power too much and that's not good.

·
Boti Boti Boti
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I think that Laporta (and the rest of the board) needs to mature, and stop taking everything Cruyff says as Gospel.
While we have to realize that Cruyff is the original reason for the movement that Laporta belongs to, at the same time, the board has to realize that as long as Cruyff is NOT officially involved with the club, then his decisions shouldn't carry all that weight. Maybe it's normal to take his advice once in a while, since (we have to remember) the fact is that the new directors are not experienced at running a big professional club like Barça, BUT to give Cruyff decisions priority over the decisions of people that are official directors on the board is ridiculous, especially when such a director (Rosell) has been successful so far.
In this case, Rosell obviously wanted to bring more Brazilians, and having "too many players form the same country" was something that Cruyff publicly criticized recently. I think that BOTH Laporta and Rosell are not 100% correct in this situation, and compromise has to be made on both their parts for the overall good of the club.
From Cruyff's point of view, he has nothing to gain by officially joining the board. Right now, he is a hero to the fans and socios as someone who brought the club their biggest glory, and when he left, it was after a row with a President whose policies were becoming unpopular. So no matter how brilliant he is, and how much he wants to help the club with advice, his ego will keep him away from a position that will jeopardize his last positive image through any kind of failure as an official director on the board.

·
40,147 Posts
zyad said:
In this case, Rosell obviously wanted to bring more Brazilians, and having "too many players form the same country" was something that Cruyff publicly criticized recently.
But this is the worst of all. Cruyff says one thing one day and the opposite 2 days later. After saying that bringing too many Brazilians could be dangerous, mainly because they have to make long trips to their country to play with their NTs, he said that the singings had been really good and he praised the Brazilians. Cruyff's words may be important, he knows a lot about football... I think that he's the only football legend that has his head in its right place (especially compared with Pele, Di Stefano and, especially, Maradona). He has been a good coach and all the players that worked with him never doubt about saying that he's the best coach that he had... even those who had bad relationships with him like Laudrup or Stoitchkov. But Cruyff is also the Cruyff of Prosinecki, Sanchez Jara, Romerito, Busquets, Korenieev and all these "cracks". So I would take care with his words.

From Cruyff's point of view, he has nothing to gain by officially joining the board. Right now, he is a hero to the fans and socios as someone who brought the club their biggest glory, and when he left, it was after a row with a President whose policies were becoming unpopular. So no matter how brilliant he is, and how much he wants to help the club with advice, his ego will keep him away from a position that will jeopardize his last positive image through any kind of failure as an official director on the board.
Yes, I don't blame Cruyff. He lives very well. The problem is in Laporta. If they're good friends, convince him to enter in the Board and then he could take decisions. If not, listen to his opinions, that will be always important, but the vice-president and the one that puts the face in front of the socios is Rosell, so he has to be the one that manages the team. If Laporta doesn't like it, he can change the model, he can bring Cruyff or whatever he wants to do, but he can not mistreat Rosell.

The last example, 2 hours ago. Again it's Sandro Rosell who appears in the radio saying that nothing happens that everything is okay and he talks about the future saying that nobody knows where you are going to be in 12 h., imagine in 6 months. On the other hand, the president is unable to appear to calm the socios... and it's not the first time that Sandro is the one that finishes with the fires. Laporta is not being honest.

·
40,147 Posts
I don't know what trasnlator you do usually use, but I recommend you to read this article about Iaquinta in Sport. It's an opinion article by Miguel Rico, who is one of the directors of the newspaper. Normally I don't like much the articles of opinion of the newspaper because they have low critics, but Miguel Rico is always making good points.

I leave the article here and use the translator that you like the most:
http://www.diariosport.com/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=33&idnoticia_PK=178473&idseccio_PK=631

1 - 20 of 289 Posts