Xtratime Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nesta Out For Two To Three Weeks

A setback for the Rossoneri (AFP)
03/17/2004. Milan defender Alessandro Nesta will be out of action for two to three weeks after picking up a leg injury against Juventus on Sunday.

A statement on the club's official site read: "Following an examination to the injury suffered to Sandro Nesta in the game against Juventus last Sunday, the defender has suffered a first degree strain to adductor muscle on the inside of his right leg."

Billy Costacurta will deputise in Nesta's absence.
SA Italy

:groan::stress:

Get back soon Sandro!!!:thumbsup:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
billy is great to come of the bench and fill in a game...but can he handle 2-3 weeks....

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,491 Posts
Alessandro Nesta out for two-three weeks...

Dagoods heart is heavy

:depress: :depress: :depress:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Simic could fill in instead of Laursen. I wonder what happened to him, there must be a reason why they extended his contract despite his lack of appearences but that's speculation for another thread.

·
Super Moderator
13,714 Posts
That's it, Billy and Simic should be the two options for center-back, Billy for the harder games.
But Carletto doesn't look like he will do that.
So it will be Billy and Laursen. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
No more than a few months ago people were whining that Milan is nothing without Nesta; Billy as always has proved those people wrong and consequently I´m not worried about Nesta´s absence. Maldini-Billy is as good as it gets. ;)

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
IanZ said:
Why not Kaladze as a CB?

Isn't he injured? :eek:

On the Nesta injury, not really worried. I think Billy is an adequate replacement for 2-3 weeks and he'll play good. However, i'm in favor or starting Simic because I think he's the best backup defender that we've got talent-wise but perhaps Billy's experience is preferred by Carlo.

·
Registered
10,087 Posts
1. Way too big a risk to start KK in in a position he hasn´t played for several years. Moreever he has seemed everything but secure to me since he came back from injury.

2. Simic in no aspects of the game can be compared to Billy Costacurta - talent-wise, experience-wise; Billy is one of the best defenders I´ve seen in my life and Simic is a good backup. :)

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Laudrup said:
1. Way too big a risk to start KK in in a position he hasn´t played for several years. Moreever he has seemed everything but secure to me since he came back from injury.

2. Simic in no aspects of the game can be compared to Billy Costacurta - talent-wise, experience-wise; Billy is one of the best defenders I´ve seen in my life and Simic is a good backup. :)
:thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts