Xtratime Community banner

Sanchis is staying

349 views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  labas 
G
#1 ·
According to Sanz, Sanchis will play another year. He sure likes hoisting that trophy, so why retire when there's more to raise!
www.realmadrid.es

Bill

#2 ·
Great then, Sanz! Thanks for giving him the chance!
Hey, how many more matches/years at the club does Sanchis actually need to break some record? I mean, since 1983...that's just awesome.
It'll be a sad day when he no longer plays though...just one of the very few Madrid players left from the day when I started supporting the team!
And thanks del Bosque for letting him play in the CL final... :)
Hmm, so let's win CL again next season + la liga as a farewell gift for Sanchis then?

[This message has been edited by Nedved! (edited 25-05-2000).]

G
#4 ·
I think Sanchis has the Liga appearance record but he could still trail Zubizarretta.
He has the European competition record (CL and UEFA Cup) of 100 matches.

I compare him to Darrell Green of the NFL's Washington Redskins. Darrell has been a Redskinn since 1983 and shows no signs of slowing down at age 40. He's been great tutoring the young players and is a coach on the field so to speak. Sanchis is the same way. He's older and slower and he's 35, but he's no doubt very instrumental in the younger players development and it's worth it for Real Madrid to have him in uniform next season.

I'd love to see him coach one day. I think he would be an excellent choice.

Bill

#5 ·
Sanchis and Hierro are symbols for Madrid.
They both should get what they deserve, like the del Bosque galant move to put them both in the last minutes of the final.

Labas, the caracter discussion we'd been having... ;)
I guess I'm hit by a disease... Del Bosqueitis! :)

G
#6 ·
I read in dailysoccer that Sanchis still has some records to reach. He is currently the third in La Liga appearances behind two goalkeepers, Zubizaretta and Buyo. I agree with BBride that it's worth it to have him next season despite his age because we have many young players who can learn a lot from Manolo.

P.S.
How about his smile upon lifting the trophy? He didn't look 35 years old at all, more like a kid during Christmas!

#7 ·
Indeed, he didn't look 35 at all! :)
So, is it actually possible for him to break no. of appearance record in La Liga by playing again next season? Or is it just too far-off? How many matches does he need to catch up actually?
Well, at least he's got the European competition appearance record :)

#9 ·
The fact that he's 3rd in terms of no. appearance in la liga, while the 1st and 2nd are goalkeepers (who can still play quite decently even at the age of 40) should say something about Sanchis!
Yup, he's THE man!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.