Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Roma and Argentina boosted by Samuel diagnosis

Monday 8th April 2002

Roma's Argentina international Walter Samuel has been cleared to return to action next week and will be fit to face Germany in a friendly on April 17.

Samuel twisted his knee during training on Saturday and sat out the champions' game against Venezia on Sunday.

There were fears that he would be out of action for some weeks but Roma medical staff have confirmed that there is no serious damage to muscle or bone and he will be fit for selection next weekend.

Samuel said: "I had a problem with my knee when I was trying to get the ball away from a striker during a training session with Roma.

"I didn't put my leg in very hard and when the other player kicked the ball he hit me very hard on my right foot and turned my toe back.

"That made my knee hurt but I am going to be fit for the next match with Roma and I will not have any problem playing against Germany with Argentina."

Roma doctor Pierpaolo Mariani added: "All the tests on Samuel showed that he hasn't got a very bad injury.

"He had a lot of pain but with absolute rest for three days he will be totally recovered."

This is really good news because Roma's defense without Samuel is sloppy and a disaster :eek:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
The best news i've heard in a while..

·
Registered
368 Posts
Vladdarko said:
Samuel is word class and in a different elite than those useless stiffs you have in Roma: Zebina, Zago, and Aldair.
Zebina ok... but Zago and Aldair are great.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Have you read the rumors about Real Madrid being intersted on buying Samuel? I wonder how much he is worth?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts