Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw a rumor in Channel 4 that Real might be willing to sell Samuel :eek: .

Aparently both Inter and us are after him plus the usual suspects.

Though we are loaded at the center of our defence I would never say no to Samuel. IMO thier aint no better defender to take over from Maldini.

I wonder what Sacchi is doing there if this is true. :confused: :devil: ;)

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
It wouldn't be a surprise for me. The critics on Samuel are very strong, he seems unhappy and he doesn't have the EU passport. If they get a good offer, they would sell him today.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
id buy him in a second

let him come in cause who knows when stam will play (seems like damaged goods to me ala nando) and also he can replace maldini after this year....

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Stam will soon start playing and by the "accumulated ratings"/"games played" factor he is far and away this seasons best central defender as his performance against Barcelona was easily the best by any central defender - better than Nesta's and Maldini's best too.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Milan derby for Samuel swoop Friday 31 December, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The two San Siro giants are said to be clashing on the transfer market in a bid to bring Walter Samuel back to Serie A in a £17.6m deal.

It has been just six months since the defender left Roma for Real Madrid, but he has struggled to settle at the troubled Bernabeu club.

The arrival of new director of football Arrigo Sacchi has sparked massive changes, starting with the signing of Brazilian Coach Wanderley Luxemburgo, and there are set to be more developments during the January transfer window.

Inter were already in the running for Samuel’s signature when he opted for Madrid, so with their own defensive worries and the lack of viable replacements for Fabio Cannavaro, they are leading the race to bring him back to Italy.

On the other hand, Milan would bring in the Argentine to strengthen an already impressive – but extremely veteran – back-line that currently includes Paolo Maldini, Marcos Cafu, Giuseppe Pancaro, Jaap Stam and Billy Costacurta.

The Rossoneri might find it difficult to raise the ready cash, but would have a direct link to the Madrid hierarchy through their former Coach Sacchi. Other options for Samuel would be Juventus and Chelsea.

These aren’t the only Spanish rumours crossing the continent, as there are reports Jon Dahl Tomasson is being courted by Valencia, opening the door for Milan to bring in Parma’s Alberto Gilardino immediately rather than in the summer.

Stefano Fiore has never made his mark at the Mestalla and his January return to Serie A is almost certain with Inter in pole position for the former Lazio midfielder.

channel4

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
With samuel's experience in Serie A who'd say no?he has that many years ahead and we have to start bringing in the fresh new blood.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Besides san paolo, we still have nesta, stam and coloccini.

honestly we are well covered in the central defence department in the next 5 years.

Better focus on finding cafu's replacement IMO.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Elephant King said:
Besides san paolo, we still have nesta, stam and coloccini.

honestly we are well covered in the central defence department in the next 5 years.

Better focus on finding cafu's replacement IMO.
Not so much central I'm really concerned about but the left side and perhaps the right draw real concern EK,We need to really focus on those areas.But I'm that confident we're Milan and that says it all.

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Lav said:
id buy him in a second

let him come in cause who knows when stam will play (seems like damaged goods to me ala nando) and also he can replace maldini after this year....

Why all the pessimisim always Lav??? Sounding a bit like bayman. :wallbang:

Tell me when have you been happy or optimistic for Milan apart from the '99 Scudetto winning year? Frankly, that was the worst Milan team to win a scudetto (i.e. from what I have seen).

As far as I see, you can't wait for Maldini to retire, don't like Pirlo in his role, don't like carlo's tactics, are unhappy with stam. Don't think cafu can play anymore at top level. And many others. So, tell me how is Milan the most successfull Italian club these last 3 so years?

I didn't want to sound critical on your opinions in the start of the new year but these kind of comments make me go nuts. :broken: :groan: :scream:

Anyway, a very happy new year to you. :jester: :hangover:

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Laudrup said:
Nice to see you back, milano :thmbup:
Diavolo said:
Thanks Tyge and Diavolo. :)

Will be posting more and more with time as my workload eases off a bit. :hopefull:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Well, Coloccinis contract is running out and I wonder if he'll renew. Shouldn't he have done so already if he was gonna?
Billy and Maldini.. we can't rely on them keeping their performances at this level the coming season(s).
We're grateful that they're still doing their thing to this day but when they don't? It can happen anytime, look at what happened to Juventus. We need to start phasing them out, IMO. Sadly but true. They don't have to and probably won't retire as first team players.
No disgrace in that unless we don't have adequate players to replace them and the team starts performing badly and cries of "retire" and transfer speculation will rise. Remember just a few years ago and the old guard thingy?
It's ok to be old with a succesful team but when the going gets tough... and now they're even older than ever. I don't want them to retire under that kind of heat. Either groom/phase in Coloccini or get Samuel (or any player that Carlo will field).
If I know Carlo, Coloccini won't get much chances to prove himself before his contract runs out. So bringing in someone like Samuel would be great. He can partner both Stam and Nesta as both are leaders, something Samuel seems to need to perform.

Maldini, Stam and Nesta becomes Samuel, Stam and Nesta (plus Maldini and Billy).

edit: don't forget that Nesta is injury prone.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts