Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a Boca fan I love the guy, I remember Riquelme everytime anybody ask him who was the best player in the team and without hesitate he always said: Samuel, with him on his back he felt secure to intend any trick or play he wants, he knows that if he loose the ball there is Walter to save him. For me is perhaps the best player of the world and I'm not biased, in terms of position nobody is as regular and effective as this guy is, also no media crap, just pure football, he knows everything since he was 16, all the coaches in argentina love him and admire the guy since he was little. I saw some posts where you talk about this season high level? all the Roma season's he was really good, just remember he used to played with ALDAIR ???, my god anyone who can manage to play beside him is a monster, know he has teammates of his level like Chivu so things are going easier. Well the original question I was going to ask you is that now that you have the best possibly central defenders in the world is truth that if Real goes for the wall you sell it? and if it is true how much would you ask? for me ask them to put at least the money of a whole new team because that is what he deserves, it would be the foolish thing to break this pair.

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
I think it's unlikely that Roma will sell Samuel or Chivu, Roma isn't really a selling club, they'll sell if they have to but not "just" to make a profit. But what do I know..

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
This season has been his highlest level IMO

Other seasons he was at a high level but this season hes been at his best

I think he is now a top 3 defender, I wont say best yet, but then again only he and Nesta are the only players Ive seen outjump Corradi this season and beat him in the air constantly, and that is some feit :D

Them 2 with Stam are the best IMo, the other Roma defender, Chivu isnt far off either!

·
Registered
11,399 Posts
Samuel and Chivu are signed until 2008! The only player Roma would sell to help with their debts is Emerson, because we can get 25-30 million Euro for him and De Rossi is the heir to his position.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Well, Samuel has to be valued very, very high. Today's overall market value may have declined, but 5-star defenders like Samuel are in demand more than ever. I believe he's worth more than Emerson in today's market. Thank God he loves it at AS Roma. He's a great, great talent. Good guy, too it seems.

·
Registered
11,360 Posts
Samuel is definitely the best defender in the world right now. He's got everything- supreme positioning, physical presence, tackling, organising ability, leadership. Although he was definitely way beelow his usual level last year( of course, the pathetic performances of all his fellow defenders didn't help). But this year he's so good it's just unbelievable.
I also think it's unlikely to sell him, Emerson and many others will go before him if needed. And Real Madrid will never give much money for a defender anyway.;)

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Yes, ive been following Samuel since he was at Boca, i totally agree with what everyones said, best defender in the world. If we are looking for money, Emerson will be sacraficed, our defence has never been this strong, i want to see it put to the test in the CL next season..

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
Well, with respect to Aldair, he was a great defender and his loyalty to the club was without doubt but his last season proved he wasn't up to it, he couldn't cope anymore.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts