Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Korean giants Samsung in talks with AC Milan - and Chelsea
tribalfootball.com - April 13, 2005

Korean electronic giants Samsung are ready to plough £30 million into European football next season.

Samsung are reportedly in talks with UEFA over a sponsorship of the Champions League starting from next season and also are negotiating shirt sponsorship deals with Chelsea and AC Milan.

The Korean company is prepared to pay between £8 million and £10 million a season - each - to Milan and Chelsea to have their name across the two clubs' shirts from next season.
---------------------------
not a bad little deal.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts
New loggo, new jersey, new sposnor. Me, I m just starting to like this. I dont care much about the sponsor, but one thing i do care is changing them umbro shirts, i just dont like the design.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I'm not sure about sponsorship next season.. apparently because it's centenary they're weighing it up. We shall see season after ^_^

Btw if we do get samsung Milan and Chelsea would have exactly the same (Samsung and Adidas)

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Kyp said:
Korean giants Samsung in talks with AC Milan - and Chelsea
tribalfootball.com - April 13, 2005

Korean electronic giants Samsung are ready to plough £30 million into European football next season.

Samsung are reportedly in talks with UEFA over a sponsorship of the Champions League starting from next season and also are negotiating shirt sponsorship deals with Chelsea and AC Milan.

The Korean company is prepared to pay between £8 million and £10 million a season - each - to Milan and Chelsea to have their name across the two clubs' shirts from next season.
---------------------------
not a bad little deal.
Barcelona will get 25 million Euro's shirt sponsorship per season. Thats between 15-20 million pounds I think. But its normal that Barcelona gets more money, since its a much bigger club :shades:

·
Registered
604 Posts
Laporta said:
Barcelona will get 25 million Euro's shirt sponsorship per season. Thats between 15-20 million pounds I think. But its normal that Barcelona gets more money, since its a much bigger club :shades:
shame , might be a bigger club but chelsea are the better team ...like the champions league proved :D

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Laporta said:

Really.

Bye.

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
JackoTheDon said:
Really.

Bye.
what do you think is happening with the Barcelona forum? Must be something wrong, since all these guys keep hanging around here talking about a game they lost in February

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Bosanac said:
what do you think is happening with the Barcelona forum? Must be something wrong, since all these guys keep hanging around here talking about a game they lost in February

Feelings dont die like normal in Barca for some reasons. Must be a stressfull way to exist :dazed:

Anyways, sounds like a good deal. Juve just got a massive deal from Tamoil....much larger than the numbers being tossed about here.

Here's a list of the top shirt sponsor deals. Up to date up until a month or so ago I believe

Juventus Tamoil 22 mill. 2010
Bayern Munich T-Mobile 17 2008
Real Madrid Siemens 14 2006
Manchester U. Vodafone 13 2007
Chelsea Fly Emirates 9 2006
Milan Opel 9 2006
Inter Pirelli 6 extended every 2 years

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
We could defo get more ££ from the shirt adverts given our currently strong position in each of the competitions and big media noise of the team.Its funny to say but looks like Samsung is getting like a bargain

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah juventus always had great sponsorship, dont they have like the best tv deal ever in football?

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Kyp said:
yeah juventus always had great sponsorship
Tamoil is an oil company owned by the libyan government,and as far as i know the only reason they are getting these huge sums is Saadi Gaddafi's (the presidents son) obsession with Juventus

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
is that the same guy who played with perugia for a while?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Damn, Juve is making a killing with their sponsor.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Yes. i said that like yesterday to the Juve boys, but they still were saying it as unfair because of Abram..

Strange ^_^

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
The old deals Juve had were comparable to what Bayern gets however. This one on the list is in effect starting next season. It will up the prices sponsors will have to play I guess. Chelsea should be able to bargin for more I feel, especially if a trophy or 2 arrive in May :D

·
Sheperdesque
21,256 Posts
i don't mind Smasung nor Adidas but i'm old fashioned and would prefer we keep UMBRO, i'm just so used to it

What will happen with 'Emirate Airlines'? Will they still be onboard (pardon the pun) next season?

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
polaris said:
Feelings dont die like normal in Barca for some reasons. Must be a stressfull way to exist :dazed:

Anyways, sounds like a good deal. Juve just got a massive deal from Tamoil....much larger than the numbers being tossed about here.

Here's a list of the top shirt sponsor deals. Up to date up until a month or so ago I believe

Juventus Tamoil 22 mill. 2010
Bayern Munich T-Mobile 17 2008
Real Madrid Siemens 14 2006
Manchester U. Vodafone 13 2007
Chelsea Fly Emirates 9 2006
Milan Opel 9 2006
Inter Pirelli 6 extended every 2 years
Arsenal Emirates 6.6m per year, 2006-2021.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
CosovaFC said:
Thats the reason why Chelsea will have a new sponsor, we dont want to have the same sponsor as Arsenal. 6.6m :yuck:
They werent planning to sponsor both as far as Im aware. It was their last year with Chelsea anyway so its not like with Umbro where the contract got terminated earlier.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts