Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Garrone has gone on record saying that Samp won't be at the stadium on the 4th of March if things don't change TV wise.

I say nice one, but I wouldn't hold my breath. We are in a weaker position here and with idiots like Spinelli not pulling their weight it's even worse.

Juve, Milan, Inter....so boring.

One a more general point, when will Berlusconi die? Not a moment too soon.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Yeah, I hope we go ahead - I'd happily lose the game (would we get deducted points, btw?) in order to actually do something rather than just talk and talk like Della Valle and Zamparini.

As zuenotto said, the fact is that too many presidents aren't pulling their weights and will cop out as soon as anyone offers them a bit more money than they're getting now (+ usually one of the big three mysteriously loans them a few players..), without thinking that the whole system is ridiculous and needs a complete re-vamp.

Given that the law didn't change (so the Lega can't sell rights collectively) and that a lot of clubs have gone for individual deals, at the moment there are just 8 clubs who are trying to sell their rights collectively: us, Fiorentina, Palermo, Udinese, Lecce, Treviso, Cagliari, Ascoli. Apparently there's already some squabbling amongst them, Della Valle and Zamparini in primis, cos of course they want more of the share. So much for their high principles.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
There's an article on La Gazzetta about what else he said:
http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Altro_Calcio/Primo_Piano/2006/02_Febbraio/09/garrone.shtml

Basically he has a go at just about everyone! First of all Juve and Milan for stopping medium-small clubs from being able to compete, and from wanting to make sure that only they are ever going to get to CL (and the money that that entails. He also has a go at people who complain that he's not spending any money: he says that he's investing a lot just to keep us afloat, which is no doubt true. He also saved time for a quick go at Spinelli (who's sided with the big clubs) by saying that he doesn't know what war Spinelli's waging, but that at the moment it seems to be against managers..

Anyway, what he wants are clear agreements over what's going to happen with TV rights both now and in the future.

Forza Garrone!

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Samp to forfeit Serie A game vs Juventus....

there is a strong rumour going around that Sampdoria will forfeit their game vs Juventus on March 4th I believe due to the TV rights saga.Does anyone know more about this and what do you think of it?Apparently Samp are preparing to field no team what so ever vs Juventus.

·
Registered
45,618 Posts
I merged the threads. The game is still under threat. We'll see what happens. The clubs of serie A will meet one day before the game and that meeting will be decisive.
It looks like there is a good offer coming from Telecom to the so called Consorzio Italia (Sampdoria, Fiorentina, Palermo and Lecce) as a whole.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Everyone should boycott playing"Il Ladri di Italia"just for being who they're and how they go about their business :irritate: :frustrat: :rolleyes: .But in regards to the TV rights until we have a fairer system then this will keep going on,full points to people like Garrone and Delle Valle. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
All teams should boycott games against Juventus. :sigh: :rolleyes:

PS-Then hopefully they'll get the message that we're trying to tell them something.

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
The problem is not just Juventus - it is Milan and Inter as well. To a smaller extent, Lazio and Roma.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
So it is only a week and a half to the game vs.Juventus. What are the latest boycott news? How will Samp starting eleven look like and is there rumour about this game in Italy?

I am quite curious...

·
Registered
45,618 Posts
Garrone will decide after the meeting in Lega one day before. I hope Sampdoria play cause the gobbi have a fundamental Champions League game three days later and if Sampdoria boycott the game it's a just a double present to them (rest and 3 points), while I doubt that Samp can obtain something other than points deducted.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
There was a meeting today at the lega which Galliani has deemed a great success, which probably means we got screwed over.. All I can see that's happened is that the 'mutualita' (which I think is the percentage of income that away teams get, but I'll let Toni explain) has gone up from 18% from 19% (wow, massive increase then..) and apparently everything's sorted til 2008. As far as I can see, it basically means that we still have to sell our TV rights seperately, and will obviously get a crap deal, far less than even the likes of Palermo and Fiorentina.

I may have been slightly negative there, but from what I've read, not a lot has changed from the current system at all. I may be wrong, though, and I've yet to see what Garrone has to say about it.

Anyway, game tomorrow is going ahead..

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Hmm, from what I gather one of the things agreed on (apart from that extra 1% thing) was on the re-partition of the 'surplus' 40 million Euros of the LEGA. I have no idea what surplus this is, but either way it's getting divided as so:

1 million to the top 5 teams in serie A
4.16 million between the next 5 teams
some parachute paymetns for the relegated teams (not sure how much, presumably quite a bit), wit the rest getting divided between 11-17th teams.

I actually find it quite insulting that an agreement over 40 million Euros (about half of what Juve get every year from TV rights), which gives most teams an extra million Euros, is being hailed a great success by Galliani et al.

Ok, so there is also that extra 1% thing, and given how much the big three earn it's probably not an insignificant amount of money, but overall I really don't think we've gained that much.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts