Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Lombardo opened the game thread, will you win? :pp

sampdoria once again in european competition.
i don`t know any thing about samp rival. but, at home you have to win. :)

·
Registered
823 Posts
sorry, I am away with no regular access to internet.

kaunas are very much not to be underestimated! They knocked Glasgow Rangers, last years finalists, out of this year's competition, and their coach also coaches their national team, which is currently doing very well in it's world cup qualifying group...

·
Registered
48,288 Posts
Yes, definitely they must not be underrated even if they are probably one of the most comfortable opponents we could get. The truth is that right now in Europe no team is really weak while just a few are really too strong and we are not among them unfortunately. I hope we finally have a decent UEFA Cup campaign cause in UEFA Cup we have always been shameful.

·
Registered
48,288 Posts
Mazzarri said that the attack will be "heavier", so I suppose that the marb... err... Bonazzoli will be in the starting lineup, and said that the midfield will be the same of the past season, a midfield which already knows the movements he wants.
Well, he did not give the lineup, but considering the absences of Accardi, Campagnolo, Bellucci and Padalino the lineup should be:

-------------------------Castellazzi (Mirante)
--------Lucchini---------Gastaldello---------Bottinelli
Stanke-----Sammarco---Palombo---Franceschini----Pieri
------------------------------------Cassano
----------------------Bonazzoli

The reserves are Mirante (Castellazzi), no first team defenders (!), Ziegler, Dessena, Delvecchio, Bonanni, Fornaroli and one youngster (probably a defender).

The referee is an English one, Tannerq. Does anyone know him? Mart posts on English referees are worrysome.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
No worries, the best lithuanian player is playing for your team :)
It's pity Fornaroli won't be used, when else should he gain experience than in such matches?

·
Registered
48,288 Posts
Bonanni probably was not in the list of players for UEFA Cup and Mazzarri decided to call up no young defenders (!!) preferring the midfielder Krsticic and the forwards Marilungo and Mustacchio. Two of them will be on the bench.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Games refereed by Steve Tanner in 2008/2009 Yellows Reds
Gillingham 0 - 1 Luton 16-08-2008 4 0
Ipswich 0 - 2 Wolves 23-08-2008 4 1
Fulham 2 - 1 Bolton 13-09-2008 2 0

I've not seen much of this bloke ,he's not one of the highest profile premier league refs.

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
i do agree with zuenotto and Toni, there shouldn`t be any underrating for Kaunas team..there is no weak team in such competitions. but, we have to admit it`s one of comfortable opponent to play with.
the 1st leg is at home, there is no excuse for samp not to do an excellent result.

·
Boomshakalaka!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exactly ToniSamp, The predicted line up is that.
http://www.telecitta.it/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=37164&Itemid=51

Predicted line up for Kaunas.
12 Dreer, 2 Radzius, 18 Baguzis, 4 Mendy, 6 Manchkhava, 3 Mrowiec, 23 Kunevicius, 13 Luksa, 21 Rimkevicius, 25 Fridrikas, 11 Ledesma.

No player I know, but considering european football is getting stronger & stronger we need to not underrate

Forza SAMPDORIA

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
Mazzarri said that the attack will be "heavier", so I suppose that the marb... err... Bonazzoli will be in the starting lineup, and said that the midfield will be the same of the past season, a midfield which already knows the movements he wants.
Well, he did not give the lineup, but considering the absences of Accardi, Campagnolo, Bellucci and Padalino the lineup should be:

-------------------------Castellazzi (Mirante)
--------Lucchini---------Gastaldello---------Bottinelli
Stanke-----Sammarco---Palombo---Franceschini----Pieri
------------------------------------Cassano
----------------------Bonazzoli

The reserves are Mirante (Castellazzi), no first team defenders (!), Ziegler, Dessena, Delvecchio, Bonanni, Fornaroli and one youngster (probably a defender).

The referee is an English one, Tannerq. Does anyone know him? Mart posts on English referees are worrysome.

not a bad lineup, and i don`t think there are changes in the way mazzari usually use. when he said the attack to be heavier, why not to pay another striker (Fornaroli) next to Bona and Cassano.. i.e, to start with 3-4-3.. Samamarco didn`t show that big attacking role last game.

and i wonder if we `ll see a new defenders mistakes in game or not!

we shall see.

·
Registered
34,824 Posts
Cruising 3-0 at the break. Well, Kaunas was a lucky draw.

Even Aalborg beat th... oh.. wait...

:pp

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
i know cassano scored, but how is he playing overall?

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Great win guys, Samp are serious this year for sure :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.