1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serie A Week 30 - 18/4/04 (15.00)
Sampdoria - Perugia

Stadio Marassi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sampdoria have a golden chance to pick up more UEFA Cup points at the expense of a demoralised Perugia side that is facing the drop. The Umbrian outfit lost 3-2 in controversial fashion to Inter last week which saw Serse Cosmi admit that only mathematics was keeping his side in Serie A.

Perugia are set to field a similar looking side to the one that took on the Nerazzurri. Marcelo Zalayeta remains sidelined with a foot injury. Dario Hubner could star alongside Fabrizio Ravanelli after he netted on Easter Sunday.

Samp could only draw 0-0 at Siena in Week 29. They were without the key midfield duo of Sergio Volpi and Cristiano Doni but one will be back. Volpi was absent through suspension but the Italian international withdrew from the game because of an ankle injury. He is set to be missing again.

Central defender Stefano Sacchetti has picked up a one-match ban so Giulio Falcone and Mirko Conte will get the nod at the back. Pagano should replace Doni on the left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sampdoria (probable): Antonioli; Zenoni, Falcone, Conte, Bettarini; Diana, Volpi, Palombo, Pagano; Flachi, Bazzani

Perugia (probable): Kalac; Diamoutene, Di Loreto, Fresi, Fabiano; Ze Maria, Codrea, Obodo, Di Francesco; Brienza; Ravanelli

Ref: To folllow

channel4

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Still no Volpi. Samp virtually have an Under 21 midfield playing :D

Well I still think Samp should win this, but Samp arent at their best and Perugia should have beaten Inter last weekend.

Still I think Samp will close down Udiense for 7th place.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Oh, well maybe Im reading things :drunk:

Im sure it said Donati-Palombo

Volpi in midfield is a huge plus for Samp.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Pagano, good chance to see how he plays, I saw him for Italy U20 many times, he is a direct player and has a good shot from what I remember.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wish Sampdoria, that they play in the UEFA CUP next year.

·
Registered
45,580 Posts
Thank you. ;)
Unfortunately I think that 3 points less than Udinese and the last two matches vs Juventus and Roma make it rather hard.
Well, at least there will be the emotion to struggle till the last match (or the match before) for something.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
She meant the stadium view, or did you mean that too but in a sarcastic way :confused: :pp :stress: :drunk:

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
ToniSamp said:
The distance from the pitch to the stands is rather big, but not so much ( ---> 5 km). :D
I referred to the hard travel ( :howler: ) from my home to the stadium. ;)
yea i referred to the hard travel too:howler:

btw....can u just draw with Perugia?:eek: please:D....today we'll lose against Lecce:groan:

·
Registered
45,580 Posts
Arianna said:
yea i referred to the hard travel too:howler:

btw....can u just draw with Perugia?:eek: please:D....today we'll lose against Lecce:groan:
Ari, don't worry. There is a high probability that we will lose the last two matches vs Juve and Roma, so even 9 points (which we will hardly gain... I'd be more than satisfied by 7) in the remaining 3 matches would hardly be sufficient to overcome Udinese.

·
Registered
45,580 Posts
Players convoked:

Goalies: Antonioli, Turci
Defenders: Bettarini, Conte, Carrozzieri, Falcone, Zenoni
Midfielders: Diana, Donati, Pagano, Palombo, Pedone, Valtolina, Volpi, Zivkovic
Forwrds: Bazzani, Cipriani, Flachi, Floro Flores, Yanagisawa

OUT: Sacchetti (banned), Doni and Sakic (injured), Job and Antonini (technical choice)

Probable lineup:
Antonioli - Zenoni, Conte (or Carrozzieri), Falcone, Bettarini - Diana, Volpi, Palombo, Pagano - Flachi, Bazzani.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Ari, don't worry. There is a high probability that we will lose the last two matches vs Juve and Roma, so even 9 points (which we will hardly gain... I'd be more than satisfied by 7) in the remaining 3 matches would hardly be sufficient to overcome Udinese.
oh well,like i've said we have lost...so if u win this one....:D
and the next game we'll play against Milan...:rolleyes:
So the decisive match will be against you!!!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts