Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On Sunday we play a very hard away game against Sampdoria. We will meet Donadel and Castellini who played with us last season.

Our squad:
PORTIERI: Berti, Frey
DIFENSORI: Bonera, Bovo, Camara, Cannavaro, Contini, Ferronetti
CENTROCAMPISTI: Bresciano, Budel, Grella, Marchionni, Rosina, Simplicio
ATTACCANTI: Gilardino, Maccarone, Pisanu, Ruopolo
fcparma.com
Morfeo didnt make it, I think that this is a big blow and will cost us the points. This would be my preferred formation:

---------------- Gilardino ---------------

Maccarone ---- Bresciano ---- Marchionni

------------ Simplicio --- Grella ----------

Contini --- Cannavaro --- Bovo --- Bonera

----------------- Frey ------------------

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Normally Bresciano plays on that left "wing" position, but since Morfeo is injured I think that Bresc will take his place. On the left there would be 3 solutions, Rosina, Maccarone and Budel. Budel would be the most defensive method, but I hope to see Macca there because he is more a forward.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
I'd love to see Macca on left wiong - if only to see how that experiment works. Rosina has been tried there and has yet to be impressive; Budel has been good, but as Djet said, he's very defensive minded; so I'd like to see MAcca there. Apparently he can play left wing aswell as striker, so we might be able to findout.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
I think Djet's formation is what I would go with too.

Sampdoria brings me one of the broadest memories of last season - the terrible muddy pitch, and the 'keepers blunder from Gilardino's shot.

I'd be happy if we didn't lose this one :).

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I would try it like this:
-------------Frey-------------
Bonera-Bovo-Contini-Potenza
---------Budel-Grella---------
Marchionni-Simplicio-Bresciano
---------Gilardino------------

Why? As I see it we have only 2 players with some fantasy: Morfeo and Simplicio. I also would like to see Simplicio play closer to our enemy's goal, at least he is willing to shoot on target..

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
This is a prediction of the line-ups:
Samp: (absolutely not a bad team!)
21 Antonioli,
77 Zenoni, 19 Falcone, 32 Pavan, 22 Tonetto,
23 Diana, 4 Volpi, 17 Palombo, 27 Doni,
9 Bazzani, 10 Flachi

Parma:
17 Frey,
5 Bonera, 4 Bovo, 28 Cannavaro, 14 Contini,
20 Simplicio, 23 Bresciano,
32 Marchionni, 19 Pisanu, 9 Maccarone,
11 Gilardino

·
Registered
73 Posts
It will be interesting to see if Pisanu gets the nod. I would love to see Grella where Bresc is and Bresc where Pisanu is. But i would also be interested to see Ferronetti play as left back. But either formation is attacking so im happy. I wanty to know if any livestream internet channel is showing this game and if they do, web address plaese

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
There's no reason to put Bresc in DM's ... and since even when we were LACKING DM's Baldini kep Bresc in the attacking mid 3, he certainly wouldn't put Bresc back there when we have all 3 clear choices of DM's.

It's our attacking midfield who are losing a crucial player - our defensive midfield is pretty much as strong as it would be anyway (Bolano - eh), hence there's no reason to move Bresc back. If anything it'd be the time to move one of the DM's up - like Corciata first mentioned with simplicio behind Gila.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Frey
Bonera-Bovo-Cannavaro-Contini
Marchionni-Simplicio-Budel<->Bresciano
Rosina (Ruopolo, Maccarone))
Il bomber del Parma​

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Well I should also update my productivity table of Parma players. Djet, could you help me with Parma-Chievo match? I remember the scorers (Morfeo and Amauri own) but which players deserve an assist point? For the UEFA match it's goal by Pisanu and assist by Maccarone.

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Dredg said:
It's our attacking midfield who are losing a crucial player .
I didn't see the game against Standard, but apparently we played long balls, and generally this doesn't work, maybe he feels we also need some-one deeper who can collect from deep and move the ball forward.

I think he is still trying to find the right pieces for the jigsaw, as we don't really have a concrete 11 each week.

With this though, I do feel we lose an attacking edge, as Mark scored 8 goals last season, and I'd say he is more of a goal-scoring threat than Rosina/Pisanu/Zicu.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
@Märco: I am not 100% sure about the own goal but I think Morfeo took the corner. For the second goal the ball came from a defender, Ruopolo was our last player who touched the ball tough.

20 minutes until the start of the game...

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Quite interesting line-up, I feel this could work :).

4-4-1:

_______________ Frey

__ Ferronetti _ Bovo _ Contini _Bonera

_ Marchionni _ Simplicio _ Grella _ Rosina

___________________ Bresciano

____________ Gilardino

·
Missing Guidolin.
21,157 Posts
Bresciano could play very well in the hole, it will be interesting.

Keep changing through formations 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 and 4-4-1-1 is not that healthy, we didn't have enough preparation in the summer to find the right tactic to accomodate the players, and we're having to experiment in vital games :(.

Potentially this could work very well, I am confident Mark can do the buisness there, and Gilardino can play as the lone frontman.

·
Registered
8,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What a strange line-up...

@Amium: Why do you know Bonera plays on the left, Contini central and Ferronetti left? And that Bresc plays DM? Or are you just guessing?

1 - 20 of 101 Posts