Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
First Place winner, June 2010 Photo Contest
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our struggle for survival continues today and judging by the latest reports, Reja is set to try out yet another tactic, the 4-3-3.

Hopefully it will work out, but I have my doubts if it's such a good idea to switch tactics this often. This will be our fourth match with Reja at the helm, and this will be the third time he's used different tactics.

Anyway, let's see how it goes against Sampdoria and that we'll at least bring home a point.

Forza Lazio !!

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
We're down 2-1 at halftime. Just as against fiorentina we took the early lead and from that moment on it was all out defence for us as Sampdoria put on the pressure. And surely enough Sampdoria got ther goals.

Oh well there's still another half to do with but I don't see us getting anything from this match.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
We were horrible in the first half.

Playing sort of 5-2-3, disgusting in midfield and in ball possession.

No team play at all. Hope Matuzalem or Mauri gets in for Rocchi or Zarate, otherwise I dont see us doing anything.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
RED card for zarate. that will make him even more popular.

what is it with that overhyped fukhead. get rid of him, and his much bigger ego.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
It's official, Reja is just as clueless as Cowardini. What's with this formation - three forwards and like thirty meters gap between the midfield and the attack? He plays Radu as LB, never mind Radu has been our best CB. My stream sucked but I think it was Radu who kept Pazzini onside for the second goal, he often does that when he is a LB.

And the subs? Makinwa?!? Matuzalem kept on the bench for so long when we couldn't keep possession at all? WTF?

At least we did try hard to equalise in the final minutes but this knid of cluelessness might lead into Sere B. Oh, and we are back to whining about every ref decision - Ledesma was very lucky not to get sent off when he engaged in a yelling match with the ref. And don't even get me started on Zarate, the guy is a big baby if ever saw one. We might actually be better off without him for a few games, he is really outdoing himself as far as always doing the same thing goes.

Only positives are Ledesma who tried to hold the midfield all by himself for most of the game and Floccari who scored and did pretty mcuh the same thing for the attack.

·
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I stopped watching when Samp equalized in the first half. It was the inevitable outcome when you start defending a 1-goal lead so early on in the game. Judging by reports, I'm glad I didn't see the rest of the match.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
What can I say, Edy Reja has disappointed me greatly in this match.

First with the tridente when we play away, knowing very well that Rocchi and Zarate would return and defend most of the time.

Then another experiment in defense. Kolarov was suposed to play in midfield - but he did not. He was between Radu and Ledesma, in a no man`s land, doing absolutely nothing.

And when I was expecting Matuzalem or Mauri in for Rocchi to add more to our midfield, he puts in Makinwa, which basically is a waste of a substituion, because the tactics remain the same. Matuzalem for Diakite was a smart sub, but just too late.

Zarate was horrible, just like anyone else, but he was right for protesting; there was a clear foul against him in a very dangerous spot.

There is much more to comment, but Edy Reja should definitely deliver more: for the love of God, you have one bloody week to prepare a match against Samp and you come with this system and tactic. Come on.

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Then another experiment in defense. Kolarov was suposed to play in midfield - but he did not. He was between Radu and Ledesma, in a no man`s land, doing absolutely nothing.
So true. If I hadn't checked the line-up I might not even have known he was even on the pitch until the second half. And when I noticed him he mainly just lost the balls with stupid overdribbling, Zarate-style. Epic fail. I kind of hope we sell him in the summer whiel he still can bring some cash.

Zarate was horrible, just like anyone else, but he was right for protesting; there was a clear foul against him in a very dangerous spot.
It looked like a foul but yelling at the ref is never the right decision.

·
International
6,519 Posts
Makinwa :palm::eekani::yuck::confused:

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
The thing is, we started the game fantastic. When Floccari scored, there had been already about five very good scoring chances. Zarate in particular played like a champion, creating a great chance for Rocchi and then assisting on the goal. Unfortunately we got the goal so soon, because I had no idea Reja had planned to switch on to an all-out defense of a 1-0 lead for the rest of a game...after that it was all crap and Zarate ended up ruining all the good things he did early on. I totally agree about Reja's tactics after the 1-0 goal, it was insane to play that way with those men. But it did work until we scored, so perhaps there was something there after all, if only we would have sticked to it for the whole first half...

·
38,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It seems Zarate has been suspended for two games because of his comments to the ref. On the positive side this means Reja won't have to adapt his tactics to fit the big crybaby into the starting-11.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I have watched only the first half, and after a good start to the match, Sampdoria took the command of the game and we were unable to make a single effective counterattack. It really seemed to see a man with a sword fighting against another with a gun. And as the good old Clint would say, the man with the gun always wins. :clint:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts