Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wonder which Lazio will show up for this match. The foul smelling, careless one that let Cagliari do whatever they wanted? Or the creative, freeflowing one that score on every chance they get.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
...I think it will be something in the middle at the end.

Given Sampdoria`s form as well as our total carelesness, a draw is a more reasonable result on the table. I want the following line up, though I know is highly unlikely:

Muslera,

De Silvestri - Siviglia - Cribari - Radu

Dabo - Ledesma - Meghni

Mauri

Pandev - Zarate

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Isn't Meghni injured? Gazzetta dello Sport lists Radu as injured too. And we have a massive list of players risking suspension for the Milan...well, that's not much of a problem considering we always lose to Milan anyway. Sampdoria have a lot of missing players, we really need to exploit that. Diakite and Carrizo really need to be dropped. Brochhi too,

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
According to a few web sits, both Radu and Meghni could be available for tomorrow's game. Siviglia too should be in the list of players called up. Matuzalem, no one knows. His stay at Lazio would be a good subject for a Samuel Beckett's masterpiece. Real Zaragoza were really cunning at loaning him out. They still own the player, Lazio pay his wages and the player is spending this season getting healthy at the expenses of the Italian Health Services.

As for tomorrow's line up, what about 4-4-2? I know, that is not very probable that Rossi would use that tatics, but anyway, I dream about spending a quiet night without being frightened evry time the opponents' come forwards and we defend (?) horribly. 4-3-3 (or 4-3-1-2) is not a dogma, after all.

Carrizo

De Silvestri - Siviglia (Diakité) - Cribari - Radu

Foggia - Dabo - Ledesma - Lichtsteiner

Pandev - Rocchi (Zàrate)

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
Apparently, Lichsteiner will be the only one of the back 4 to survive the collective and well deserved benching.

Dabo will return for sure and so will Meghni.

Like I mentioned above, given the great last 2 games by Mauri, he should be given a chance as a trequartista, with one of Za-Pa-Ro benched. But will Delio have the guts to do that ??

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Deserved benching? When was the last time De Silvestri was defending that well? His positioning is quite horrendous. I don't think it makes much sense to bench Lichtsteiner after a game in which everybody played badly, considering he has been one of the very few Lazio players who have shown any consistency this season.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
I maintain the opinion that De Silvestri is better defensively than Licht.

The latter however, is a better player overall.

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

:eek:

That is completely beyond we. If anything, De Silvestri is better than Lichty in the offensive part of the game and his weakness is defending where he often leaves his space wide open because he goes forward so much.

Lichty clearly has his forces in the defensive part of the game.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
I think otherwise actually.

When De Silvestri does not go up front, I think he is decent defensively.

·
Administrator
53,224 Posts

Thats reallly bizzare, De Silvestri is someone built for to bomb forward offensively in a tireless way, but seen enough of him in the azzurrini, and he has allways been a clumsy defender, not reassurring at all. Would think its something that perhaps improves with age, but ludicrous to say he is better defender then Lichsteiner who is a very solid and balanced fullback.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Anyone know where we can watch the game?

·
Premium Member
13,059 Posts
Many changes, if gazzetta dello sport's currently posted line-up is the actual one we will use. Muslera in goal, only Lichtsteiner keeps his place in defence, Meghni is back, Zarate is benched from the first time in Serie A. Let's see how things turn out.

FORZA LAZIO!

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
It would be too much if we lose this match too.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
1-1 Tommaso Rocchi. Clinical finish.

·
Midfield Enforcer
1,683 Posts
1-1 now, Rocchi equalises for us after Delvecchio put them ahead early.

AVANTI!

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
A very good a dynamic match I should say. We had a great chance to score to grad the lead just before the whistle, but Samp goalie made a great save.

·
Premium Member
14,067 Posts
Aside from a bad period after their goal we have had the better of this match. Great ball from Ledesma and brilliantly finished by Rocchi who has been our best player by far. Constantly dangerous. I don't think we're playing particularly well, though, this has been more about Samp being disorganized and nervous...

Again horrible defending in a set piece to give them the goal, to me it looked like an easy cross for Muslera to catch. I can understand that he's a bit rusty, but he looks too nervous out there. Expect Carrizo back for the next match. In defense Cribari looks like a liability, especially as he's facing Cassano all the time.

Anyway, I have a positive feeling about the second half. We have Zarate on the bench, he could be the decisive factor in this one...

FORZA LAZIO

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
In the hard moment, Rossi fields the old guard, Carrizo and Zàrate on the bench and the line up seems coming right from the second half of 2007/2008 (apart from Lichtsteiner, of course). This game looks like a battle of nerves, and once again we conceded a goal from a free kick, with Delvecchio left alone (I think Radu should have marked him, but I could be wrong here).

Then Ledesma pulled out a great assist from his hat for Rocchi, whose finish equally great. Rocchi, together with Ledesma, has been our best player so far, and is it really by chance that it happens on the day Zàrate sits on the bench?

Muslera saved on a Cassano's counterattack and then in the last minute of the first half, Rocchi again (on a Pandev's assist) went close to make it 2. Mauri virtually non existing and I hope Rossi replaces him with Foggia or even Zàrate.

·
Laziale, Independent
6,075 Posts
We are much agressive in the second half and Zarate is in, which is good.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts