Xtratime Community banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
Alex's 2nd half miss was a shocker, I was worried that would haunt us after Flachi equalised.

Praise to Conte, great game I thought and finished off the best move of the match with a goal.

Samp battled hard and never gave and the crowd was wonderful. I wish them well for the rest of the season - except when they play us again ;)

·
MVP
8,984 Posts
The home team put up a good fight, but Juve proved stronger. Good games for Conte and Camoranesi. Trezeguet was absent, didn't see much of him except for that chance he had in the 1st half when Camoranesi did that nifty little back heel to get away from the defender and give a thru-pass to trezegol.

Conte worked very hard in midfield, and this was the 1st time in a while I'd seen him play with such fighting spirit and leadership on the pitch remiscent of the old long haired workaholic 1996 Conte (the pre-injury Conte, against Georgia). Montero was solid at the back doing alot of ball-winning, despite Flachi being a constant threat. Appiah showed signs of improvement in this game, at one point I remember him being pressured and cornered by a sampdoria player that he threw himself down just to manage a long pass that got to Ferrara on the other side of the pitch.

Del Piero's miss was UNBELIEVABLE in the 2nd half.

Nedved...brilliant, always the source of trouble against opposition. When he's not scoring he turns provider: no goals this time, but 2 assists. Grazie :cool:

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
I have just finished watching the match. It was shown on TV(not LIVE).

What can I say? I really liked Camoranesi. He was extremely good today, and his goal was beautiful.
Del Piero's miss was amazing, but it is understanble...some players miss from such position very often. Trezeguet was...did he play?

Good for Conte as well. Scored a goal and looked confident. Nedved is Nedved.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi, I'm new here. As you can see I'm a Juventus fan.:D

I didn't get to see the match today, so I need to wait until tomorrow to see the highlights. I was a bit worried when I heard it was 1-1, but I knew we'd prevail.
It was unfortunate Roma and Milan, won today.
But all I really care about is Juve winning and surely we'll come away with a win next week at home to Siena.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Trezza17 said:
Hi, I'm new here. As you can see I'm a Juventus fan.:D
Hi Trezza,me Gianluca :D
I'm the fool in the Juve forum (or a mod,it's how you want it :D )
Nice to have another new Juve fan around,from where exactly in the UK are you?
I live in Belgium and a passoniate Juve fan! :star:

PS Did anyone perhaps watch the match?Were we good and did we deserve the victory?!

Ciao :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi Trezza, welcome. I'm new too :D

I watched the game and one thing for sure, we won but with just another unconvincing performance.
The first half was great, we were controling the game and Buffon nearly had to do nothing. Camo's goal was sweet, Nedved's cross went in front of both of our forwads and at least 3 of Samp's defending units, and Camo came front behind with a diving header. It was cool and his celebration was also great.:)
Camo brings extra something that seems missing in our games lately. Appiah was ok but he still missed to many passes.
Anyway, 2nd half was frustrating. With our defence, there's no way I can enjoy a 1 goal lead. Samp was suddenly threatening Buffon's net, and their goal came from the superman's fault. He tried to tap the ball but unfortunately it went right--or should I say wrong--to Flachi.
After they equalized, we look more troubled, as if we're going down, but Thank God we take another lead. Again it was Nedved with a backheel to Conte who came from behind and bang the ball straight to the net. It was so relieving. :D
Del Piero missed 2 definite chances from each halftime, but he actually had a good game. He actually "running" in this game :D and seems to care about the game more. Good for the captain, while his striking partner once again didn't connect with the game. I'm not sure if Treze actually on the field.:mad:
Di Vaio's 10' on the field cause more chaos in Samp defence more than Treze's entire 80'.
Anyhow, I wasn't enjoy the rest of the game as it was so frustrating. Samp keep on the pressure and their fans was ferocious. Buffon seems to get something thrown at his head but the Superman still save us at the end of the game.
Lippi makes me more frustated when he take Camo and play Pessotto ( and I'm almost sure I saw the man played at our right side:eek: ), then substitutes the captain with Iuliano.
At the end of the game, we played with 5 defender (6 if you count Zambro) and still it was just as shaky defence till the final whistle.
On the positive note, we really fight in this game. Samp was somehow brutal, but we're just the equal. :D

Well, 3 points anyway, and it would be bullsh*t if I'm not happy about it.:cool:

·
Registered
193 Posts
Great goal by Conte... Well, actually, half the credit must go to Nedved... although I think the backheel was sorta lucky... he was trying to elude his defender, not pass back to Conte... but oh, well... a goal is a goal!

Camo's goal was cool. I was worried he would get hit by the defender trying to poke the ball away from his head!

I don't think this was a convincing win. It was more of a forceful victory. We must get back to the old ways... greater self confidence...

And we must get our strikers back on form. They havent scored in the last 2 matches and have only scored 1 (Trez) in the last 3 matches.

·
Registered
17,518 Posts
UltraGeo, i haven't see you at XT for ages. Where have you been? Good to see you post here again. :)

As for the match, didn't manage to see it but i gather it was an tough match and an even affair. I think Trezz's indifference to the cause is due in large part to the ongoing contractual wragglings, and i hope they can get it sort our sooner rather than later.

Good to see Conte play well and also Camo. We need them both to play well IMO, so that we can diversify our attacking options.

·
Administrator
52,751 Posts
Camo playing like he did, is vital to our game because he adds that little extra that have been missing. and i dont care anymore, bench Trezz if thats whats needed. i have allways find something to say to excuse him but not this time. he isnt even trying. and Ale missed two good chances. though a pleasant suprise that Conte played that good.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey Nero,

I've had a busy time settling into college, so that's why I've been out of xtratime... but now I'm back!

I agree w/ Osman... Trez and DP should be benched if they are out of form. Let Di Vaio and Miccoli play. Maybe even Zalayeta.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Nice that we got the win... a downer that the front duo was at it's worst, as we had the chances to close the match.

But Samp IS a good team, and winning in their house, stopping their streak... it's a good result. We're not where we want to be in terms of performances, but we're almost there in terms of league position. If/when we find our capabilities- Roma and Milan will have a hard time keeping us behind. Tradition in itself speaks in our favour looking at usual run in form.

But there's lots of improving to do. I hope we're ready for the war that will be Roma-Juve at Olympico in week 20. That's an important game.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Yes, not the best performance but it was OK. Camo was the standout and Conte played a great game. Hopefully Camo has found some form again and can play in like 2 of 3 matches as he got burnt out last year because he played too much.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I thought it was a highly enjoyable game....if it wasn't for my current exams I'd be writing a long summary on the game. Samp gave our boys a tough ride....but with Nedved it's never over till the final whistle.

Individually, all our players were just above average (bar Nedved who was border line brilliant at times and Trezeguet who didn't turn up to the game). Was again kind of disappointed with the D. They were split open far too easily.

I was particualrly impressed with the way the players responded to Flacchi's goal (from a beauty cross by Volpi)......the five minutes leading upto Conte's goal showed hunger to get back in the game with Appiah, Camo, Nedved and the former captain lunging into challenges. I've been going on about Del Piero's poor workrate of late.....but in this game there was not much signs of that. When in the first half he lost the ball to Mirko Conte near the Samp penalty box, Conte ran down the touch line and Del Piero chased him all the way. Zambrotta came charging at Conte who couldn't turn back as Del boy was at his heels......and we gained possesion......Looking forward to and hoping for more of that stuff from Del Piero!

The passing still needs to improve..particualrly that of Camo and Appiah who made a few terrible passes. Don't mean to sound harsh on Camo as he had a more convincing game.....but passes still needs to improve.

Glen: Del Piero was not a downer in this game baby...he looked a lot more sharper, flexible and creative than he has been recently. Trezeguet on the other hand :depress: .......it's a sorry sight. It breaks my heart to see us relying on him and having him as a starter in every game. IMHO, if I allocated points out of ten for each players performance......Trezeguet would get a big round 0.

As I siad before, individually noone was brilliant.....but we played as a team and look more comfortable going forward than we have done recently.

Forza Juve!!!!!!

·
Registered
282 Posts
in which position did Conte play???
Iv'e heard rumours that Juve are looking to off-load Trez in the Summer and replace him with Zlatan Ibrahimovic.
I'm not sure if Zlatan is the goal-scorer your'e looking for.
But what happened to Trez's form?

·
Registered
45,911 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
polaris said:
Trezeguet had 1 or 2 chances, 1 which maybe should have been a goal. He was involved in play I thought. Did Di Vaio do more....I thought he was the invisible one.
Trez was not that involved in play, but it is not a news, he never is so much, yet, usually he is a formidable goalscorer (even in this season which is not surely super for him). Yesterday he missed a pair of chances but above all was always anticipated by the center backs of Samp (who, unlike him, are not formidable at all).
Di Vaio was not invisible... but had severe problems with offside. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
I am not too keen on debating our disagreements with a fellow Juventino about our own player......but Trez was defiently awful. Besides one shot (which went sailing over the bar - not that I am critizising him solely for that miss :) ) and a about three/ four one touch passes (of which one was stray).....he did nothing.

One cannot discredit Marco for his performance against Samp. He came on late and was more active than Trezeguet has been the entire season combined. I don't deny he should have buried that one on one with the Keeper....and he was offside a lot, but it was a lot more than Trez offered in the entire game.

Anyways...

Forza La Vecchia Signora!!!!!

41 - 60 of 60 Posts