Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Administrator
52,477 Posts
Change the title or i'll give ya a tough time after we win at your home. btw we should look out for the overhead kick freak called Flachi. he has scored 3-4 goals of overheadkicks and volley shots already.

·
Registered
17,518 Posts
Hmmm, i thought it prudent to change the thread title myself. Why? Because i can!! :mad:

But we forgive you Toni. :)

Someone should have created the match thread earlier but since we don't have a designated match thread starter, there's nobody in particular to blame. Anyhooo, we've got one now...

So i take it Cipriani will be available to start for Samp?

·
Registered
45,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As I already wrote in the Samp Forum I'm not so confident on the chances of Samp and I believe Juventus will win. Yet, Juventus will have to keep the concentration cause most of the Samp players are in a very good shape right now (just Bazzani suffers for a light injury). Of course Flachi is the man of the moment.

·
Administrator
52,477 Posts
Cipriani? that was new for me. thought he was still rotting in bologna. do we still co-own him? Not that we will see much of him...its hard to break up the dou of Bazzani and Flachi.

Looking forward to see this game,not only for Juve, but also that Samp is an interesting team and they are the team they have broadcasted the least from in serie a. have only seen them twice before.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Very difficult match. Samp is playing good stuff these days, and they're solid down the back. I don't think they've lost since Milan whipped them in Genoa with their second best performance of the season... and that's been quite a while since.

I hope we'll have Tacchi ready for this one at least, as our game really seems to suffer without him.

Needless to say- Sampdoria must be respected, but it's still a game we should be disappointed not to win. Every game is except for away games to title rivals. That's really how it is.

Hopefull lineup:

------------Buffon
Thuram Ferrara Tudor Zambro
--------Tacchinardi
--Camo---------Maresca
----------Nedved
--------------Miccoli
------Trézéguet

... I'm fed up with laclustre performances! I want to see a confident Juve take the reigns against a good team- and Samp is a good team.

Players to look out for: Flacchi, Bazzani and Volpi.

Osman: Cipriani was loaned out to Piacenza from Bologna (where he was on halfshare). He is still owned by Juve and Bologna, but will play out this season with Samp... and then it's anybody's guess. I hope he can do really well for them as I kinda like Sampdoria... but not in this game. In any case it would be better if he played as Bazzani is different class at this point.

Toni: It's about time we get a dodgy penalty.... it's been a while... gobbi or not :tongue: :finger:

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Glen said:
Trézéguet
O/T: I'm sure Frenchmen everywhere appreciate your efforts, Glen, but there are no accents on "Trezeguet".

Oh, and Forza Samp! I'd like to see a couple of Flacchi wonder-goals against that rather permeable Juve defense. :)

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
If that's really true.. then thanks for correcting me Ruffian. I've picked up on it from somewhere else, but upon reflection- the second accentuation seems odd also when saying his name :).

I do think Trézeguet makes sense though, and I'm almost positive that there's an accent in there somewhere.

Steph? Anyone?

·
Registered
881 Posts
Hopefull lineup:

------------Buffon
Thuram Ferrara Tudor Zambro
--------Tacchinardi
--Camo---------Maresca
----------Nedved
--------------Miccoli
------Trézéguet

NO ALESSANDRO!! WA GWOAN RUDEBOY?:)

I agree about Appiah sitting this one out. Lets see if our passing improves without him. He does have good passing but he's not showing us. And a penalty will get Piero going.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
A.Del said:
NO ALESSANDRO!! WA GWOAN RUDEBOY?:)
Hehe :).

I think it's quite clear that DP has done much better for us coming on from the bench since his injury, and Miccoli has looked much more dangerous.

I believe one of them should always start, and I think it should be on merit. DP got the chance from the start last time; didn't produce and was replaced by Miccoli. This time I think it should be reversed.

Obviously... that's somewhat hypocritical as Trez was worse than DP and I'm not drafting in Di Vaio in his place, but for us to actually win things I believe it's essential that we get Trez going.

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
It goes off at 00:00 14-1-2004...I'll be at my computer ready to put on the new avator...:happy:

·
Registered
45,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GaGa said:
I have a feeling this is going to be a walk in the park for Juve...:groan:
Well, I'm not confident on the chances of Samp but I hope... and think that it won't be a walk in the park... at least.
More, the probable formation of Juventus I read has not weak points but is weaker than the best possible for sure.
The midfield Appiah-Conte-Maresca is a good midfield, probably better than that of Samp, but Camo-Tacchinardi-Maresca (with all of them at their best) would be much worse for us. Conte is always a good player but he is not properly a youngster, Appiah is good but far from being the new Davids.
So the defense: it is again better than that of Samp but Birindelli for Thuram on the right and Tudor in the middle for Montero make it a bit weaker.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all, I'm new to this place :)

I agree with ToniSamp here, it won't be a walk in the park for Juventus, as we struggle lately, and Sampdoria is a good team. Btw, Sampdoria is a perfect opponets to meet in our recent form. It's like a test. A good team yet not THAT good. If you know what I mean. hehe..

I will be a lot more worry if Lippi plan to play Appiah again, as he seems out of sinc on the last game, his passing was the worst of the lot. I was worried about Conte, but he proved to be better than Appiah :dazed:
Ah well, I hope Camo finally regain some form, and Tacchi back from the injury so we can see Camo-Tacchi-Maresca as ToniSamp suggest.;)
That will be :cool:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts