Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After getting a very good score vs average/small clubs the matches vs Juventus and Roma must show if Samp definitely belong to the serie A-2 or can struggle against the big clubs.
Of course you can read the forum of Juventus to get more news regarding the Torinese club, even if I saw that a thread about the match has not been started yet ( :rolleyes: ).
There have not been bans and as regards Sampdoria Doni and Bazzani will be back (the latter is still working apart, but Novellino assured that he will be on the pitch).

·
Registered
45,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The formation of Juventus according to Tuttosport is the one proposed by channel4 and of course the one of Sampdoria is the best possible according to the choices of Novellino (Conte over Carrozzieri, Donati over Palombo, of course Flachi over Marazzina).

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
From the Official Juve site:

Notiziario
08 01 2004
Nel corso dell'amichevole odierna sono scesi in campo anche Legrottaglie, Thuram e Tacchinardi, tutti in recupero dai rispettivi problemi fisici. La risposta al lavoro è stata molto positiva. Non era invece presente Edgar Davids che, a causa di un lutto famigliare, ha chiesto un permesso alla società per raggiungere i suoi

I still hope for the Tacchi, Camo, Maresca, Nedved midfield to come and raise hell :).

·
Registered
45,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doni injured

Doni could miss the match tomorrow because of a pain regarding the right thigh.
He has been convoked anyhow but he could remain on the bench or even being left out.
Really bad news, cause he seemed finally healthy and fit after the last injury in the match vs Empoli. :groan:

Here is the list of the 21 players convoked by Novellino:
Goalies: Antonioli, Turci.
Defenders: Bettarini, Carrozzieri, Conte, Falcone, Sacchetti, Zenoni.
Midfielders: Doni, Diana, Antonini, Donati, Palombo, Pedone, Volpi, Zivkovic.
Forwards: Flachi, Bazzani, Cipriani, Marazzina, Yanagisawa.

Left out: Bianchi, Sakic, Valtolina, Francis Ze, Job (all technical choice).

·
Registered
45,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This match disappointed me: we could even equalize in the end, but Juventus deserved the win and our players and above all our coach were too nervy. In particular Novellino squarrelled with the 4th referee during almost all the match and even with Lippi at the end of the first half. There was no reason to do so, cause the referee Trefoloni was quite perfect in my opinion and committed just two venial mistakes when he did not conceded one corner kick and one free kick for a fault on Volpi (who overreacted) by Appiah.
The enormous shame was the spray container (or something else) thrown by a pseudosupporter of Sampdoria which hit Buffon on the head at the beginning of the second half. We were lucky that Buffon is a gentleman and remained on the pitch cause if he asked for the substitution Juventus would have been awarded the match. Unfortunately now we risk a heavy sanction anyway (I hope not the stadium ban).

As regards the match Juventus was not really brilliant, in particular both Trezeguet and Del Piero were a disaster missing lots of easy chances (in particular Del Piero). The defense was solid with Ferrara and Montero hardly giving chances to our forwards and the midfield of Juventus dominated even if Appiah missed almost every pass. In particular, Antonio Conte was the MVP of the match. Indeed some choices of Lippi seemed to me inexplicable, but that's a matter for Juve supporters. :tongue:

As regards Sampdoria, well, the matches vs the top clubs show all our limits. The midfield was a bit too slow and suffered the rapid exchanges of the players of Juventus. In particular: Palombo (5) follows suffering almost every opponent and I start tobelieve that he is not Samp material, Donati (5.5) is a bit discontinuous and slow, while Volpi (6), the soul of our midfield, is simply not helped enough by his companions in the midfield and is always a bit too nervy.
On the wings we were rather good with Diana (6.5) and Zenoni (5.5 for having slept after Nedved stole him the ball before assisting Camoranesi) on the right and Bettarini (6.5) on the left, but all of them conceded a bit too much to the players of Juventus when defending.
The defenders in the middle did what they could since they were not much helped by the side backs when marking. Falcone (6.5) was quite perfect, while Mirko Conte (6) was a bit less brilliant.
Antonioli (6) did not make brilliant saves and had no faults on the goals. In the end the forwards: Flachi (7) was the most dangerous player showing to be always in the right place when he headed for the 1-1. He even could equalize just at the end of the match (again with a header), but he was not lucky and Buffon held onto the ball. Bazzani (5.5) struggled but he hardly headed once cause he was always forestalled by Ferrara.
At the end of the match Samp had all the forwards on the pitch.

:dazed: :D

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I watched the whole game on tv:cool: Sounded like there was a fantastic atmosphere in the stadium, very noisy:D
I agree and disagree with you Toni:tongue: ;)
Samp tried hard and exerted a fair bit of pressure but were a little bit one dimensional in their gameplan and approach. Juve played a lot of short passes and had a lot of movement off the ball, where as Samp worked hard denying space in midfield and getting the ball out wide for crosses into the box. Maybe Doni could have made a difference to Samp's approach?
Donati and Palombo worked hard but lacked that bit of quality, Volpi was best in Samp's midfield with a lot of accurate long passing, while Diana got into good positions but didn't quite make the most of some situations.

I thought the ref was awful in the 1st half. Nearly every time the ball came to Bazzani he gave a free kick to Juventus. Bazza didn't have a particularly good game though, and was well marshalled by Ciro and Montero. There was no problem in my view with the 1st Juventus goal. Antonioli cleared the ball poorly, straight to Trezuguet, who fed the ball towards Nedved. Zenoni reacted slower than Nedved, both players had boots raised, the ref gave nothing yet the Samp players stopped for a second. Good cross and good diving header by Camoranesi. Volpi may have been guilty of not picking up the winger in the box. Zenoni should have played to the whistle.
Samp may have got a penalty from another ref for the foul on Volpi by Appiah, but you're right , Volpi did overreact.
Your player ratings are about right Toni, but I think Juve's midfield were put out of their stride by Samp's hustling approach.

At half time the British guy's doing the comm' did say that Samp looked a bit nervous in front of goal but overall they were impressed by Sampdoria:thumbsup: maybe you're being a little hard on your boys Toni. Hopefully, after this game, more people in England will be aware of Sampdoria again.:star:

·
Registered
822 Posts
I agree with your reports, both Toni and Mart. The defence looked a bit confused at times, with Falcone and Conte acting single-minded on the second goal (Falcone trying the offside trap, Conte staying back...:rolleyes: ). I also agree on Palombo, he looked slow and had problems getting into the game. We definitely suffered from Doni's injury, as we would have benefitted from his qualities and would have been able to play Donati in the middle, where he belongs. One player that impressed me was Diana, this guy is really good!:happy: I also enjoyed Flachi, although at times he keeps the ball too long when he should let it go...:rolleyes:

Overall a decent game by Samp, but you'll need your very best performance if you're gonna beat a team like Juve. This time we simply weren't good enough. Next Sunday it's Roma away:eek: , which should be a really tough match.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I didn't read before,I had some problems connecting.......excuse me...:dazed:

.... the referee Trefoloni was quite perfect in my opinion and committed just two venial mistakes when he did not conceded one corner kick and one free kick for a fault on Volpi (who overreacted) by Appiah.
WHAT??????:eek: Toni!

I thought the ref was awful in the 1st half.
Thank you Mart...;)

Juventus stolen the match.Like the Lupin that their supporters love so much.With Milan,Samp was not in Marassi,but Pirlo and Co. played a great soccer.
Lippi's men stolen the match.

The reason?Not the penalty not given to Volpi,but all the high faults that Juve did in the first half and that the refree didn't give.
I've never seen a thing like the one I've seen on Sunday in Marassi,not only Novellino and the players were nervous,but all the supporters,it's incredible the way of stealing the matches of Juventus.

Juventus played with 12 men,one was the refree.The vote for Trefoloni is 4 as refree,8 as Juve player.
The incredible thing is that Juve can win easyly many matches,it's a great team with great players,but they have to steal every time many things.It's not correct.
I'M still FURIOUS!!:mad:
Trefoloni recognized the 1st fault to samp after 30 minutes,the first fault for Bazzani after 38 minutes,during the first half I've noticed minimum 5 faults of the various Montero and Appiah on Flachi and Volpi,and they were faults from the back,that had to be given with a yellow card for Juve players,but in all theese episodes Trefoloni garanted the English soccer,instead at the first fault of Conte,fisrt yellow card of the match.And in the second half the dear behaviour of this great man continued,giving many yellow card to us.
Ferrara had just to put up his hand ,and the refree thought easily and always that Flachi was off-side,without controlling his position,

The refree played with Juve.Samp couldn't play in the first half.

No words for the bottle launched on Buffon,there are many stupid men in the stadiums,and we looked all really badly in all the televisions.Great Buffon that continued to play,and that probably saved us from playing outside Marassi for many matches.

But the televisions had also to show the stupid Juve fans that stolen samp flags creating many problems in the "distinti" zone,where many children were in.But nobody talked about them.Luckily Zenga and Flachi defended the correct samp fans,always great.Did you seen the coreography?I don't think so,SkyTv never reports the supporters that show words as "questa tv ci fa skyfo".
Fedellissimi and Ultras were singing for 90 minutes,we are great.

And samp did a GREAT match.

Samp players did a great match,they had to play against the champions of Italy and against a b.a.s.t.a.r.d. refree,they gave everything,they have been great all.

Starting from Antonioli,that saved many balls ,also on Del Piero and Di Vaio,some incredible.Zenoni and Diana on the right gave their usual quality,they have been great.
Conte and Falcone saved many balls,sometimes suffering with all Juve lions,but always fighting.Bettarini did an incredible match,running for miles,for me,the better in Marassi.It's a shame for the yellow card that obiouvsly Tref gave him.

Volpi has been great,he organized and fighted at the levels of last year,probably better,he's fantastic,as Donati that on the left has not the quality he can have in the middle,but that fighted a lot against a fast Camoranesi.Palombo fighted,as usually,in the middle.

Flachi did an incredible match,running on all the balls,fighitng for 90 minutes,realizing again a great goal,receiving a lot of bad faults,he's great',he's an hero.Bazzani fighted a lot,but he received too many faults,at the end he was really tired.

Novellino for me has been great.
Without Doni he put in a team studied very well,that created many problems to Juve,for a period we dominated the middle zone.But Juve has Nedved...and the refree.
Lucklily our mister didn't say anything about the refree,remembering the old samp style.
At the end for me he has been great putting in togheter Bazza,Flachi,Yana,Cipriani and Marazzina,we tried to reach the draw,Flachi had a ball for it at the end,but Buffon saved it and the result.

Thank you everybody and Juve m.e.r.d.a.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Skogeta said:
The incredible thing is that Juve can win easyly many matches,it's a great team with great players,but they have to steal every time many things.It's not correct.
You know, alot of people say how we have great players and a great team, at the same time they point out how Juve always pay the refs to win matches. if we can just pay the refs, why the hell do we buy these great players for? this is a mystery to me.

Skogeta said:
No words for the bottle launched on Buffon,there are many stupid men in the stadiums,and we looked all really badly in all the televisions.Great Buffon that continued to play,and that probably saved us from playing outside Marassi for many matches.

But the televisions had also to show the stupid Juve fans that stolen samp flags creating many problems in the "distinti" zone,where many children were in.But nobody talked about them.
you see fans of opposing teams behaving similar in all the matches. you can't compare that to someone throwing a spray bottle at a player. By the way, are you also suggesting that Juve pay the camera men also. I gotta tell you, we have a very large payroll.

As for the game, it was a tough one. Juve managed to get 3 points from a tough game. I like your team. Good luck to Samp through out the rest of the season. except when you play us again ofcourse.

·
Registered
45,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Skogeta said:

WHAT??????:eek: Toni!
Juventus stolen the match.Like the Lupin that their supporters love so much.With Milan,Samp was not in Marassi,but Pirlo and Co. played a great soccer.
Lippi's men stolen the match.
Maybe living in Torino made me blind. :tongue:
Yet, even if I agree on the so called "sudditanza arbitrale" when the referees meet Juventus, I think that Trefoloni was not so one-sided. He simply pleased Juventus every time he had a doubt and surely that happens every time you meet Juventus or other big clubs... and you should know that it has always been like that. Considering as unavoidable the "sudditanza" of the referees Trefoloni was not that bad.
And Juventus did not steal anything, even if a draw could be the right score.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
if we can just pay the refs, why the hell do we buy these great players for? this is a mystery to me.
Also for me,believe me.
I'd like to see every Sunday the juventus I've seen in Madrid last year,an incredible team that gave a lesson of soccer to the greatest team of the world.
But the reality is another one,payed bu Juve managers or not,the refrees often help Juventus.
I don't know if they are afraid of powerful people,or if they just obey to the orders of the palace of FIGC,or if they are directly payed by Giraudo&Bettega but Juve receives often many helps.
And last Sunday Juve received a great help.

I'm in Marassi every Sunday,I was there against Juve,believe me,I've NEVER seen a behaviour like that.
For 30 minutes the refree didn't let play Samp.
But you defend your faith and you will not accept my words.
This is soccer too.
I don't pretend that you accept my words, I want just to express my feelings,as I do always in this forum.

you can't compare that to someone throwing a spray bottle at a player.
Of course.
I hope the stupid person that launched
the bottle can be recognized and put in prison or something like that,maybe worst.
But true journalists should report all the facts happened in a situation.Eveywhere,about all the arguments,in each situation.

It's their job,not mine.

Italian journalists are very happy when samp fans make something wrong,it seems they deeply hate our reality.
Nobody talked about the coreography,or about our continue singing.
Just the stupid act of a stupid boy has been mentioned.
Thatct obiouvsly had to be shown,it's a shame for us,I feel bad as supporter considering what happened to Buffon,but for me also all the other facts had to mentioned too.

By the way, are you also suggesting that Juve pay the camera men also.
No.
You are saying this....;)
Sincerly I was not thinking that.
My opinion is that cameramen of SkyTv don't love generally ultras words.Not casually the position of ultras world is strictly against Sky.

Good luck to Samp through out the rest of the season. except when you play us again ofcourse.
Thank you and the same to you.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Skogeta said:
But the reality is another one,payed bu Juve managers or not,the refrees often help Juventus.
I don't know if they are afraid of powerful people,or if they just obey to the orders of the palace of FIGC,or if they are directly payed by Giraudo&Bettega but Juve receives often many helps.
And last Sunday Juve received a great help.
Ok, since i don't have alot of time now, i will be short. i have one question for you and the rest of you who suggest that juve buys the wins. How come we don't win the scudetto every year. i mean we finished second twice. once when lazio won and we lost to Perugia on the last day of the season. if like everyone else suggests, why didn't colina come up with something for the last game to ensure we won the scudetto. we only needed 1 point to not loose the title after all?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts