Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
45,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will Samp finally defeat a top club? Indeed, I think that this is the worst moment for a match vs Inter. They have just bought two champions like Stankovic and Adriano, they have just destroyed Siena, a tough team, with a convincing performance, Recoba seems finally fit and able to show his enormous talent... if it was not for the affaire Materazzi the moral would be very high at Pinetina.
Yet, the past gives us a little hope: Inter are famous for the ups and downs, "dalle stelle alle stalle": from the triumphs at Highbury and Delle Alpi to the Waterloo vs Empoli at San Siro (just two weeks ago).
It's too soon to talk about a possible starting lineup and then... who could guess a starting lineup when there are more than 30 players in the roster. For sure Kallon will miss, banned for doping, more than probably Materazzi, who is waiting for a ban after the fight with Cirillo... but we have to wait for the match of Italian Cup vs Juventus for a clearer picture.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I hope Samp win... it would be great for the 4th place race

I predict or at least hope 2-1 to Sampdoria.... It would be a good game to watch but I unfortunately can't!!!

·
Registered
45,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Deano said:
I hope Samp win... it would be great for the 4th place race

I predict or at least hope 2-1 to Sampdoria.... It would be a good game to watch but I unfortunately can't!!!
Oh, I'm sorry for you... I'm not sure that it will be spectacular, yet, I don't think that it will be like the match vs Milan (an easy 3-0), Inter will have to struggle much more to defeat us.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Yep living in England means that on British Eurosport they are shwoing udinese-Bologna saturday night and Roma-Juve sunday night but no game during the day...

of course I like to watch Udinese too but samp-Inter and Parma-Lazio are much more intriguing matches I think :)

Anyway another Bazzani double to help him on his way to 2004... I think if he scores an important goal in this match I may well be right ;)

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Deano said:
Yep living in England means that on British Eurosport they are shwoing udinese-Bologna saturday night and Roma-Juve sunday night but no game during the day...
Deano, if you are in or near London I can tell you of a place that shows every Serie A game live:happy: ;)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Will Samp finally defeat a top club? Indeed, I think that this is the worst moment for a match vs Inter. They have just bought two champions like Stankovic and Adriano, they have just destroyed Siena, a tough team, with a convincing performance, Recoba seems finally fit and able to show his enormous talent... if it was not for the affaire Materazzi the moral would be very high at Pinetina.
ToniSamp, I guess this would be how we might play, I don't think that there will be more than 2/3 changes from this one :

------------------f.toldo---------------------

----cordoba----?????-----cannavaro----

helveg-----------------------------j.zanetti

---------farinos---------stankovic--------

------------------RF/LF/--------------------

---------adriano-------recoba------------

and the changes cud be :

--> Emre, if he is fit might replace stankovic OR we might play like this (Emre actually comes back from 2 match suspension as well but sadly he's injured as well)

------farinos-----emre-------
------------stankovic---------

--> if Zach doesn't play all farinos, stankovic, emre; then we might see Kily in the LF position yet again OR if V.Meyde is fit, then he could be played in Kily's position or in the other wing.

--> ?? in CB. There's where we have to wrry about. Gamarra got injured against Juve and left after only 16 minutes or so. Adani is not fit and recovering. If Gamarra or Adani can't make it, then we might see Cordoba in the CB position, and his place - forget it ...:D

--> C.Zanetti might be in the bench for this game, but since Farinos is doing very well at last, we don't have problem there.

Anyway, ToniSamp that's how we might play. We are having problems in defence BUT in offense we are packed, indeed overcrowded as well.

:D ;)

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
EagleMart said:
Deano, if you are in or near London I can tell you of a place that shows every Serie A game live:happy: ;)
spit it out... :) :greed:

·
Registered
45,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you, Pravesh. ;)

As regards Samp unfortunately yesterday Falcone got injured (thigh) and he could miss the match. That would be a bad loss cause Falcone is the "director" of our defense and every time he was replaced our defense started suffering. Till now we had been lucky cause he got injured many times but in the end he was always in the starting lineup. Let's hope that even this time he will be ready. Carrozzieri is a good replacement, but Carrozzieri-Conte is not so reliable as the defensive duo formed by Falcone with one of them.
Anyway here the probable starting lineup considering the absences of Flachi and Falcone.

---------------------------Antonioli----------------------------------
---Zenoni------Carrozzieri--------M.Conte-----Bettarini-----------
----Diana----------Volpi-----------Donati--------Doni--------------
------------------Bazzani---------Cipriani---------------------------

If Inter miss Adani the key will be of course searching the header by our two Big Men, Bazzani and Cipriani, since Cordoba and Cannavaro can hardly oppose.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
ToniSamp said:
Thank you, Pravesh. ;)

Anyway here the probable starting lineup considering the absences of Flachi and Falcone.

---------------------------Antonioli----------------------------------
---Zenoni------Carrozzieri--------M.Conte-----Bettarini-----------
----Diana----------Volpi-----------Donati--------Doni--------------
------------------Bazzani---------Cipriani---------------------------

If Inter miss Adani the key will be of course searching the header by our two Big Men, Bazzani and Cipriani, since Cordoba and Cannavaro can hardly oppose.
Definetely, Bazzani is playing very well. I had got to watch some Samp. games and have to admit that Bazzani is having a good time against any teams - big or small.

So, Falcone is injured. I don't know that much abt the player, but still, as you said I guess he's a good player in defence for your team.

I guess I will get to watch this game, so could I be informed who are the players that are good and really sause ur problem ? I mean in which positions ? (except BAZZANI)

When I watched sometime back, I saw Flachi, Volpi doing very well, apart from Bazzani. Doni's not the same he used to be (Atalanta).

How good is Cipriani ??

Thanx ToniSamp for the earlier info. ;)

·
Registered
45,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One journalist resumed the possible dangers in this way: Bazzani for the headers, Flachi for the overhead kicks and Doni for the free kicks. :D
The situation is not properly this and notjust for the absence of Flachi. Bazzani is always dangerous, not just with headers, he is a man you must control very strictly. Cipriani is a player very similar to Bazzani! :eek: He is young but I think he has the means to become even better than Bazzani. One could think that two similar players could hardly play together but they are not two Inzaghis, they are two players who work hard for the team first of all. They work like two "pivot", get the ball, keep it, permit the team to come ahead or simply to breath, then pass the ball.
Bettarini from the left and Zenoni from the right, plus all the other players with long passes will mostly look for them. The goal vs Lazio at Olimpico was typical: cross by Bettarini, header by Cipriani to the middle of the area, Bazzani shoots.

Apart Bazzani and Cipriani the most dangerous is surely Diana, who, born as right back, as been moved by Novellino to the right flank of the midfield. In every match he shoots on goal at least 2-3 times, more than Doni and Volpi, who are less able to enter the PK area and usually shoot from longer distance.

One last danger could be Carrozzieri who is as dangerous as Adani when attacking. He is tall (194) and jumps very high. His header is strong.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Deano said:
spit it out... :) :greed:
O.K. Deano:D
Italia Uno sandwich bar, 91 Charlotte St, Laaandaan;)
It's a tiny sandwich bar, just round the corner from Goodge St tube. £6 gets you a drink, a filled roll and whatever game you want to watch.It gets very full of calcio mad Italians:tongue:

·
Registered
45,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's official: muscular lesion (thigh) for Falcone. 20 days out. :stress: Carrozzieri IN.

This was the starting lineup vs Primavera today: Antonioli - Zenoni, Conte, Carrozzieri, Bettarini - Diana, Volpi, Palombo, Doni - Cipriani, Bazzani.
Second half: Turci - Sacchetti, Sakic, Pedone, Zivkovic - Pagano, Antonini, Donati, Job - Floro Flores, Yanagisawa.

So: Palombo starter and Donati on the bench could be the decision of Novellino for the match vs Inter according to this friendly.

Stadium quite sold out.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
EagleMart said:
O.K. Deano:D
Italia Uno sandwich bar, 91 Charlotte St, Laaandaan;)
It's a tiny sandwich bar, just round the corner from Goodge St tube. £6 gets you a drink, a filled roll and whatever game you want to watch.It gets very full of calcio mad Italians:tongue:
cheers, i will look it up :)

:star:

·
Registered
13,059 Posts
Please Samp, kick Inter's @ss! :cool:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Doni prepares Inter trap Saturday 7 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cristiano Doni believes his Sampdoria can cause a massive upset this weekend, but fears the influence of Alvaro Recoba.

“I have always done well against Inter in the past,” noted the midfielder, “and I am certain I know how to unlock their defences again.”

The former Atalanta captain was on the field when they shocked Hector Cuper’s side at the San Siro.

“Inter are doing well right now, but I recall that they were closing in on the Scudetto when my Atalanta put a real spanner in the works. They are certainly not unbeatable and tend to move in peaks and troughs.”

Right now, Alberto Zaccheroni’s men are certainly on a high after hammering Siena 4-0 and earning a 2-2 Coppa Italia draw at Juventus.

“Adriano has grabbed the headlines with four goals in two games,” added Doni, “but personally I was very impressed by Recoba. He is returning to his former glories after a few years in the shade.”

Recoba has fond memories of Sampdoria boss Walter Novellino, as he had his best ever Serie A campaign under his guidance at Venezia.

Novellino’s troops are comfortably mid-table and hoping for a UEFA Cup spot, but cannot seem to get the better of the big teams.

“That is a problem we have yet to solve,” admits the midfielder. “Despite some good performances, especially against Juve and Roma, we came away defeated. Let us hope to change that trend with Inter and continue my own personal habit of causing problems for the Nerazzurri.”

channel4

============

PAPARESTA TO REF SAMP V INTER
Friday, 06 February 2004 13:33:32
MILAN - Sunday afternoon's Serie A Week 20 match between Sampdoria and Inter will be refereed by Mr Gianluca Paparesta (Bari), who has already taken charge of two Nerazzurri matches this season: Siena 0-1 Inter and Inter 0-1 Empoli.

Paparesta will be assisted by linesmen Gemignani (Inter 2-1 Reggina in Tim Cup) and Consolo (Udinese 0-0 Inter and Lazio 2-1 Inter in Serie A ), and by fourth man Castellani (Brescia 2-2 Inter and Parma 1-0 Inter).
Week 20 fixtures & refs.

Chievo v Lecce: Dondarini
Empoli v Siena: Messina
AC Milan v Perugia: Trefoloni
Modena v Ancona: Rodomonti
Parma v Lazio: Dattilo
Regina v Brescia: Pieri
Roma v Juventus: Collina
Sampdoria v Inter: Paparesta
Udinese v Bologna: Farina

inter.it

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Eagle Mart I asked my dad and I was right...

the place you mentioned I have been too before, about a year ago... probably 15 months ago I watched Lazio-Modena there

I fount it quite nice also, I havent been there since as I cant really speak Italian and would be kinda tough for me, Im in a learning process of speaking Italian :)

·
Registered
45,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
20 players convoked:

Goalies: Antonioli, Turci
Defenders: Bettarini, Carrozzieri, Conte, Sacchetti, Sakic, Zenoni
Midfielders: Diana, Donati, Doni, Pagano, Palombo, Pedone, Volpi, Zivkovic
Forwards: Bazzani, Cipriani, Floro Flores, Yanagisawa

OUT: Flachi, Falcone, Valtolina (injured), Bianchi, Antonini, Job (technical choice)

First convokation for the new players Pagano and Floro Flores.

Probable lineup: Antonioli - Zenoni, Carrozzieri, Conte, Bettarini - Diana, Volpi, Palombo, Doni - Bazzani, Cipriani

1 - 20 of 45 Posts