Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all remember that the match will be next saturday at 6.00 PM Italian time.
And now I have no time for a preview, but we have no players banned and just one guy injured (the useless Zivkovic). Yet, the fitness of some players (Volpi, Bazzani and Flachi above all) must be verified.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Well Bologna seemed to be something dangerous after Nakata had come and Signori had arrived from his injury, the team played well but I feel they're not able even to draw in Genova. I think Samp must/will win this. :)

·
Registered
45,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Probable lineups:

Sampdoria (4-4-2): Antonioli - Zenoni, Conte, Falcone, Bettarini - Diana, Volpi, Palombo, Doni - Cipriani, Bazzani.

Novellino confirms the team which was crushed by Milan apart Palombo who replaces Donati. Flachi on the bench but ready to enter in the 2nd half.

Bologna (4-4-2): Pagliuca - Zaccardo, Natali, Gamberini, Moretti - Nervo, Nakata, Colucci, Locatelli - Signori, Bellucci (Tare).

Dalla Bona banned. Troise, Zanchi and Rossini injured.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Samp plan Bologna revenge Saturday 13 March, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sampdoria were relegated after a controversial result against the Rossoblu and aim to take full revenge for that slight.

“I made more enemies by relegating Samp than I did by losing Juventus a Scudetto!” laughs Carlo Mazzone, who was in charge of the side in that infamous 2-2 draw in 1999.

Bologna managed to grab an equaliser with a very dubious Ingesson penalty and Blucerchiati fans have never forgotten the name of the club that finally doomed them to the drop.

Some revenge has already been earned in their first season back in the top flight, as Walter Novellino’s side won the first ‘leg’ 1-0 at the Dall’Ara.

“It will be much more difficult compared to that game,” assured Novellino, “as back then Bologna were still looking for the right formation. They now have a shape of their own and will give us serious problems.”

The fierce rivalry between the supporters is played down by the two Coaches, who sometimes share holiday time at San Benedetto del Tronto.

“We are good friends from our time together at Ascoli,” reveals the Samp boss, “but before the game we won’t even shake hands. We are both far too superstitious for that!”

Angelo Palombo should replace flu sufferer Massimo Donati in the Sampdoria midfield, while Bologna can bring back Beppe Signori.

“We must start performing like we did a month ago,” warns Mazzone, “with that same humility, technique and physical power.”

channel4

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Arianna said:
u will win this one and u will go to -1 because we will lose against Lazio:happy:

:mad: :D
:D well i was right!
3-2 for Samp:D
i saw just the first half(and listened the second on the radio) because i was tired to watch football ( i've already saw Spartak-Dinamo ) and this night i want to watch Empoli:eek: :D

congratulation guys:D

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Shiiiiiiitt!!!
I was in bed with a monster hangover all day Saturday, I thought Samp were playing today:drunk: :hangover: :embarass: :happy:
Anyway, fantastic result guys:cool:

·
Registered
45,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's the moment the players fear more: my ratings. :devil: :pp

Antonioli 6.5 - the usual 3-4 brilliant saves and no bad mistakes, unlucky when the precise shot by Signori bounced making the save very hard.
Zenoni 5.5 - usual messer, at the beginning of the 2nd half Novellino replaced him with Carrozzieri as a countermove to the entry of Tare on the pitch.
(Carrozzieri 6 - Tare hardly worried him)
M.Conte 6 - The usual great care, but he is not suited to serie A
Falcone 6 - he is hardly brilliant, but his presence in our crappy defense is fundamental
Bettarini 6 - less brilliant than usual
Diana 8 - it's sufficient to watch the last 10 minutes to understand the importance of this player. He kept the ball possession when Sampdoria suffered, gaining many fouls. And of course don't forget the goal.
Volpi 7 - I thought that he was unfit, but he played at his best so... I also wonder why he did not kick the previous PKs.
Palombo 6 - he played very well for most of the match, then he had to clear a ball on the defensive left flank, he did not and Bologna stole the ball and scored. Angelo lost confidence and Novellino soon replaced him.
(Pedone 6 - this is a player I like very much, the accountant when Sampdoria needs to manage the match till the end.
Doni 6 - not a brilliant match. Sometimes I wonder why a player who is so skilled misses most of the passes. The usual stupid yellow card (the 8th) and we will miss him in the next match.
Cipriani 8 - one assist with the heel to Bazzani who gain the PK, the header which hit the crossbar then converted in goal by Diana and one goal. This is the champion of the future. Will we keep him?
(Flachi 6.5 - slowly he is finding the old fitness)
Bazzani 7.5 - Bazman is back, he has not scored, but he gained the PK and made a perfect cross to Cipriani, but above all he struggled winning all the duels in the air (like Cipriani).

Novellino 8 - match tactically perfect, right substitutions

·
Registered
45,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
And this week also Bologna:

Pagliuca 7 - everybody underlined his mistakes on the goal scored by Cipriani, but few people underlined his incredible save on the header by the same Cipriani (Pagliuca grazed the ball which it the crossbar thanks to that light deflection), another one on the header by Bazzani (even if it would have been a disallowed goal for the foul by Bazzani on the defender) and some more saves.
Defense 5 - finally I found a defense crappier than that of Sampdoria. Zaccardo, Natali, Gamberini, Moretti :yuck:
Nervo 6 - I noticed him above all for two bad fouls in a row apart the goal
Nakata 6 - the soul of the midfield of Bologna was clearly not at his best
Colucci 6 - bah! A hardworking midfielder... rather crappy
Guly 4 - I never noticed him.
Signori 7 - our defense helped him, yet, even old, you can still see the old formidable forward. Now he is above all dangerous for FKs.
Bellucci 6 - always dangerous

Subs: Tare 5, Pecchia n.v., Locatelli n.v.

Mazzone 4 - for what he said after the match, above all "I support Genoa" :yuck:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts