Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33,728 Posts
Maybe a 4-2-3-1 could be tried, if you would like a stone age player in the team (Bassetto) and can consider an inside forward as a left wing

Vialli
Bassetto - Mancini - Lombardo
Katanec - Cerezo​

·
Registered
46,839 Posts

Like Mori said, it is pretty much the so called Sampdoro.
I could have included players who were better than a few who are in this lineup, but Souness did pretty much what Toninho did and I prefer Toninho, Gullit, well, he played less than two seasons with us and I can't surely choose him over Vialli or Mancini. Cassano or Flachi can't be compared to Mancini. Francis, Chiesa and Montella can't enter the team either. I might choose Jugovic over Pari, but Pari in terms of hard work was huge. Palombo is comparable to Pari in terms of hard work and played 400 games with us, but Pari was better. Katanec was very versatile and often covered the left flank, but it was Dossena who did an excellet job on the left flank with his quality. Evani is comparable but I choose Beppe over Chicco. Lombardo is a certainty on the right flank and so is Pagliuca in the goal, no one compares. The veterans Luca Pellegrini (libero), Moreno Mannini (right back) and the Zar (stopper) make the defense. I know Pellegrini is open for a debate but I want a libero and he was a very good one.
I'm not including pre 1982 players.

·
Registered
46,093 Posts
Yes! Lombardo has to be there.

Same with Toninho. Irreplaceable.

In terms of names, feels strange to omit Gullit and Cassano, but Mancio was very important, wasn't he?

At the back, the mighty Vierchowod with Pagliuca behind him. HoF'ers and All-Time Greats. People would kill for these players in our Serie A drafts, lol.

Reactions: ToniSamp

·
Registered
33,728 Posts
Wasn't there some debate about Pagliuca in the Serie A draft, though? I remember the Ortega show with four goals against him for Inter at Marassi was posted.

Of course, all goalies were debated, except Buffon...

·
Registered
46,093 Posts
Wasn't there some debate about Pagliuca in the Serie A draft, though? I remember the Ortega show with four goals against him for Inter at Marassi was posted.

Of course, all goalies were debated, except Buffon...
I thought it was just the two of us disagreeing about how good he was in 98/99 and post-Inter. 😁 I think I would have mentioned the 0-4, lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts