Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Samp rule out Recoba
Friday 24 December, 2004

Inter enigma Alvaro Recoba is unlikely to join Sampdoria during the January transfer window.

The Uruguayan has been associated with the port club but Doria boss Walter Novellino has ruled out a swoop.

"I don’t want to give our fans false hope," the tactician told the Corriere dello Sport newspaper.

"I am well aware of the fact that my President is a realist and everyone knows that it won’t be easy bringing in Recoba. Negotiations would be really difficult."

Recoba has been linked with a New Year exit as he doesn’t seem to be a key part of Roberto Mancini’s plans at the San Siro.

Talk of a move to Samp have gathered pace recently given that Novellino is a massive fan of the 28-year-old.

The two men worked together at Venezia for the first six months of 1999 after the striker arrived on loan.

"I firmly believe that Recoba is not a player for Inter or for Sampdoria," added the former Piacenza boss.

"Alvaro is an individual for Real Madrid, Manchester United, Arsenal, for a top club. And you know why? Because he’s a real player."

Interesting how Recoba is seen as being too good a player for Inter as we are not a top club.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
Novellino is talking BS. Inter is frankly too good for Recoba, he should go and link up with Novellino maybe he might actually play with consistency plus we could do with getting rid of his whinging and his wages.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts