Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
13,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Road match here in Genoa to play a compact but, lately, beatable Samp. We, however, find ways to lose. We're without Totti, ofcourse. Some how that could benefit us.
Samp is gonna go all out for this. Do we have anything left in the tank to even compete? I think we'll do alright, maybe even get a draw. Who do you think will be captain? The match is played on Sunday.

SAMPDORIA 4-4-2
21 Antonioli
77 Zenoni
32 Pavan
14 Castellini
26 Pisano
23 Diana
17 Palombo
4 Volpi
22 Tonetto
10 Flachi
20 Rossini

A disposizione
1 Turci
72 Sacchetti
5 Carrozzieri
8 Edusei
27 Doni
13 Kutuzov
9 Inzaghi

Allenatore Novellino
Indisponibili
Falcone (operazione per rottura del legamento crociato del ginocchio anteriore destro, stagione finita);Gasbarroni (stiramento muscolare, 3 settimane).

Squalificati
Nessuno

Diffidati
Rossini, Falcone, Pisano, Gasbarroni, Tonetto, Diana

ROMA 3-5-2
1 Curci
5 Mexes
13 Chivu
8 Ferrari
2 Panucci
20 Perrotta
4 De Rossi
15 Dacourt
25 Cufrè
9 Montella
18 Cassano

A disposizione
12 Zotti
27 Briotti
19 Scurto
37 Marsili
23 Aquilani
11 Corvia
30 Mancini

Allenatore Conti
Indisponibili
Cerci (frattura quinto metatarso piede destro, 30 giorni), Pelizzoli (fascite plantare, 15 giorni), Tommasi (riabilitazione dopo intervento ginocchio destro, 30 giorni); Dellas (sciatalgia, 3 giorni), Xavier (da valutare).

Squalificati
Totti (5)

Diffidati
De Rossi, Scurto
:depress:

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
We need a win here.
I reckon we will play this formation.
CURCI
PANUCCI------MEXES-----------CHIVU---------CUFRE---
-----------DACOURT---------------AQUILANI-------PERROTTA-
---MANCINI---------------CASSANO---------------------------
-----------------------------MONTELLA-----------------------
We need to not concede against the bombers of Samp,yet have the ability to attack quickly on the break.

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
I like Gazzetta's idea, maybe with Mancini in Panucci place as right wing back. Whatever formation we play though, we're going to be depending on Cassano and Montella to deliver something magical. Cassano'll be captain, even if i'd rather see someone like Chivu take it.

·
Professional Pirate
7,109 Posts
--------curci----------
panucci---mexes---chivu---cufre
mancini--dacourt--aquilani--derossi
-------montella---cassano--------

dont really know who to put on the left midfield...maybe cufre should go there and scurto play behind him??

·
Rated [D] for Danger
5,472 Posts
Code:
                  Curci
            Mexés-Chivu-Cufré
Mancini-Aquilani-Dacourt-De Rossi-Virga
            Montella-Cassano
Perrotta can get in place of any of the central midfielders if one of them isn’t performing well and Panucci can get in place of either Virga or Mancini if either of them isn’t performing well or in place of one of the midfielders if we wanna switch to 4 in the defense at anytime in the match.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Firstly Ferrari should not play if only because his confidence is at zero. Aquilani must play, hes the only CM with a football brain, even if he is quite slow in the midfield still.

I would play a compact 4-4-2 kind of thing

--------------------Curci----------------
--Panucci----Mexes-----Chivu---Cufre----
----------De Rossi--Dacourt--Aquilani----
---Mancini----------Cassano-------------
---------------Montella-----------------

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Amantino
Aquilani
Cassano
Chivu
Corvia
Cufré
Curci
Dacourt
De Rossi
Ferrari
Mexes
Montella
Panucci
Perrotta
Scurto
Pipolo
Marsili
Rosi

So basically my line-up with the bench being:

Pipolo, Scurto, Ferrari, Marsili, Perrotta, Rosi, Corvia

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Conti will probably play a 3-5-2 again, but with Cufrè's return a 4-4-2 would be better i think.
Rai TV-Text expects Amantino on the bench.

Deano's formation doesn't look bad on paper, although I'd give Perrotta a shot from the start.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
in order to win we need 3 men in central midfield

---------------------- curci ------------------------
---------- mexes ------ chivu ------ cufre ----------
panucci --- perrotta -- dacourt --- de rossi --- mancini
-------------- montella ------ casssano -------------

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
My midfield has basically 3 men, but if we need 3 men, why do all of them have to be the grafters we've had all year. At least 1 of them normally need to be able to bring the ball forward. De Rossi I agree at least tries sometimes to do a good pass, but Aquilani is the only one who can supply Cassano with a quick ball forward. Didnt we play Perrotta, De Rossi and Dacourt unsuccesfully v Siena? It would be like Milan playing Ambrosini, Gattuso and Brocchi or Juve playing Blasi, Tacchinardi and Appiah.

·
Registered
13,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
in order to win we need 3 men in central midfield

WHOOT THERE IT IS

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
I think we need to stay compact in midfield to leave Marassi with points. Their team isn't exactly filled with technique, but a lot of hard work. Most of the players have defensive qualties, but like us they lack creativity. The exception is Volpi so we need to close him down to make their game suffer. It's not that simple of course, but in theory that's the most important thing for us. We also need to avoid crosses to Flachi, cause we don't want our players to get facial injuries by Flachi's boots.

Therefore I'm also rooting for 352.

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Out of the 16 games played at their own ground,Samp have scored 16 goals,conceding only 11.Therefore,we need Antonioli to have a bad day.The press are suggesting that ROMA will adopt a very defensive approach,opting to hit them on the break.Similar to the way Novellino allows Samp to play.
Con una Roma versione 4-4-2, Panucci finirebbe sulla linea di difesa, con Chivu e Ferrari centrali , e Mexes l’altro esterno; Mancini e Cufrè si piazzerebbero sulle corsie laterali a centrocampo e Dacourt più uno sarebbe in mezzo al campo. Scontato, intoccabile il tandem Montella-Cassano. Una Roma a immagine e somiglianza della Sampdoria di Novellino, tecnico poco incline allo spettacolo. Una Samp che pensa prima a difendersi e poi a cercare la via del gol.

Check this out,AS ROMA RETRO

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
chivu_4 said:
I'd like to see this line-up too. But even more, I'd like to see a real desire from every single one of our players !
Let's go boys :boxing:

·
Banned
1,724 Posts
Lista said:
I'd like to see this line-up too. But even more, I'd like to see a real desire from every single one of our players !
Let's go boys :boxing:
Exactly.These are the characteristics we need our players to show on the field,determination and pride.

·
Registered
7,402 Posts
Thanks, it's kind of a milestone too. 18 years, that's the age limit for just about anything in Norway, so yeah.. Going to work my ass off in the summer to back a couple of trips to Rome. :cool:

But I guess the day will be officially over within 4,5 hours. Bad feelings for this match. Anyone able to see it today? I've got it on TV up here. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 112 Posts