Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just something i thought could be an interesting topic as i follow Croat football quite closely.

Ive noticed Sammir has been in pretty fine form from the Dinamo games ive seen. Say that he continues this from for the rest of the season do you see Mamic pushing for him to be included in the Croatia NT in the near future. Im pretty sure he is going to obtain Croatian citezenshiip soon if he hasnt already. So with that being said and Mamic being Mamic do you see that as a potential problem /situation ? Im pretty sure Mr Markovic would have no problem with it either . The big conflict though i could see is with Bilic actually calling him up as he seems to be a man of principle so could this go on to cause some kind of rift between Bilic and the HNS i could definatly see it your thoughts guys ?

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
everything is possible if you go after guys like cvitanich,
but atm Sammir is far away from our nt, besides lack of quality we luckily have Rakitic, Modric, Srna and Kranjcar on the positions he could play.

·
Premium Member
6,011 Posts
Possibly

Weird, I was thinking the same thing myself the other day.

I think that he would definitely be a useful option to have, though Croatia are richly blessed in the No. 10 department right now. Most of the attention throughout Europe is on Modric, but in time Rakitic could be absolutely amazing. He possesses such maturity, balance and control. Srna is also pure class, and, to my surprise, improving.

I guess with a name like Sammir, he must have Lebanese or other Arab origins? There are literally millions of Brazilians of Arabic origin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Brazilian

Of course, there might be objections in certain quarters because Croatia already have one naturalised Brazilian in Eduardo. But my guess is that if he continues on an upward curve, he will get the call.

·
Registered
9,105 Posts
ummmmm no to sammir..he is a good player but right now we have plenty of class in the midfield..besides i think tomasov and sharabini are both ahead of sammir..sharabini seems to have an attitude problem though but the talent is there..

·
Registered
70,276 Posts
there has been talks of Ladic calling him up, but Ladic is so clueless he would rather call up 2.HNL players (not saying that Sammir should be on the NT)

I don't like Sammir as a player, too inconsistent and tries to do too much at times.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Weird, I was thinking the same thing myself the other day.

I think that he would definitely be a useful option to have, though Croatia are richly blessed in the No. 10 department right now. Most of the attention throughout Europe is on Modric, but in time Rakitic could be absolutely amazing. He possesses such maturity, balance and control. Srna is also pure class, and, to my surprise, improving.

I guess with a name like Sammir, he must have Lebanese or other Arab origins? There are literally millions of Brazilians of Arabic origin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Brazilian

Of course, there might be objections in certain quarters because Croatia already have one naturalised Brazilian in Eduardo. But my guess is that if he continues on an upward curve, he will get the call.
I dont think so as his full name is Jorge Sammir Cruz Campos and he doesnt looks lebanese at all based on his complexion.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Blaž;6547655 said:
lol, embarrassing stuff.
Im not sure if you mean the thred or situation . I dont know ive been hearing whispers here and there about it so i thought it was a good topic. It seems for the most part you guys are against his inclusion which i agree with as well as having a stacked midfield whiich I agree with also

Spidey you mentioned Sharbini and Tomasov who are talented and I think will be called up with in the next year or so . But say in the next season season and a half Smmir surpasses there level none of you guys can see this happening what so ever not even as a sub or fringe player ?

·
Registered
2,088 Posts
Big NO to Sammir from me.

I don't see parallels with Cvitanich, who whilst obviously being an Argentinian does have some Croatian roots and carries a Croat surname.

I don't see parallels with Eduardo either. Eduardo should be exception and not the rule. He came to HR as a 16 year old nobody and slogged it out the hard way playing youth football for spare change. Sammir came to Dinamo as a prospective young professional footballer on good money.

Eduardo has paid his dues, Sammir hasn't.

In any event, Sammir isn't good enough and Mamic can shove his head where the sun doesn't shine.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
The same thing was mentioned about Etto who has citizenship but wasn't close to getting a call up even at his peak regardless of some forces in the media bringing it up all the time. Etto's form atm he wouldn't earn a spot for the Luxumberg NT.
Calling up Sammir anything is possible but I don't see him developing into such an extraordinary player that the temptation of calling him up would cross your mind.
IMHO NO.

·
Registered
4,706 Posts
.Ive noticed Sammir has been in pretty fine form from the Dinamo games ive seen. Say that he continues this from for the rest of the season do you see Mamic pushing for him to be included in the Croatia NT in the near future. So with that being said and Mamic being Mamic do you see that as a potential problem /situation?

Reading this the Etto (Another of Dinamo's Brazilians) case crossed my mind. After some great season in the 1.HNL some years ago he was romoured to be a candidate for Croatia, in a period where the national team wasn't as strong as today. During this period he also expressed his wishes to play for Croatia several times and the media pushed for him, but he still wasn't called up!

What I'm trying to say is that there isn't much Mamic can do as I'm sure he pushed for Etto behind the scenes.

Another scenario proving this is Mamic's and the media's heavy whises for Eduardo to be included in the Croatian World Cup 2006 squad, which coach Kranjcar only turned a deaf ear to!

Mamic influences when it comes to the Croatian NT is down to zero. I'm sure he can "convince" Markovic and Srebric in the FA, but not the NT coach, at least not Kranjcar and Bilic!

Also Sammir's nowhere near the class of our offensive midfielders! Sammir's young and skillfull but still has plenty to learn, he's matured a little bit this season but needs to work really hard to reach, Modric is way beyond him ...but lets say to a level of Edin Mujcin's best. (Dinamo midfield gazda 1995-05)

I actually don't see Sammir become that extraordinary player Mamic is hoping for!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.