Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All but settled... Udinese's presidents son confirmed that he will be an Inter player - all is agreed on 10 million euro + 50% of Faraoni.

Samir will earn 2 milion euro per year (Julio had 4.5)

I'm waiting for us to sell Julio, but you know my opinion - this is an absolutely great transfer - we solidify ourselves in arguably the most important position on the pitch for the next 5-6 years atleast with arguably the best goalkeeper in Italia.. can't go wrong with that.

Welcome Samir!

·
Administrator
53,766 Posts
I really dont get why you are replacing JC? He is a fantastic goalie (clearly superior to Handanovic) and not old, so why?

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cause pretty much everything u said is upside down- he's old, regressing, and clearly worst then Samir.

What I will say though, is it's disrespectful for Julio to bring Samir in without giving him the proper respect he deserves and selling him first.

This move is silly cause now we're automatically putting ourselves in a disadvantage with any future negotiation with other clubs - eventually our stupid front office will somehow just untie his contract and let him walk for free :doh:

·
Registered
11,657 Posts
Cause pretty much everything u said is upside down- he's old, regressing, and clearly worst then Samir.

What I will say though, is it's disrespectful for Julio to bring Samir in without giving him the proper respect he deserves and selling him first.

This move is silly cause now we're automatically putting ourselves in a disadvantage with any future negotiation with other clubs - eventually our stupid front office will somehow just untie his contract and let him walk for free :doh:
Yeah I wasn't impressed with the way it become public that we were getting a new keeper makes me feel a bit bad for a really good guy like JC but I'm guessing/hoping JC was told we were thinking of replacing him and he refused the situation forcing us to take this stance. :hopeful:

Yeah agreed again on the 2nd point but I still don't think we would get all that much from a sale of JC.

·
Registered
17,893 Posts
I understand JC's salary is large, but paying out 11m for another keeper when he's still only 32 and has been an outstanding servant to the club?

Why not try to extend his deal with a salary cut?

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
I understand JC's salary is large, but paying out 11m for another keeper when he's still only 32 and has been an outstanding servant to the club?

Why not try to extend his deal with a salary cut?
JC wants to return to Brazil at the end of his contract, so he doesn't want to extend.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Seems like a lot of money for him but he is quality.
not really since this is essentially a free transfer if you consider wages. JC was making 4.5 and samir will make 2. So it is 7.5 million post tax over 3 years which is almost 15m pre tax out of inter pockets. so transfer fee is less than wages saved and we get a top GK who is younger

I love JC and the only thing that I dont like about this is the way we treated him. I hope this ends well for JC

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
I rate Handanovic highly but considering the squad you have wasn't 10 mil better spent somewhere else? JC regressed compared to his usual standards but almost all inter squad did regress last season. JC is still world class

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Handa is a gun of a keeper anyone who saw any of Udinese's matches last season can see why he's all class.he's only 27 still so for that price it's not really a huge amount for me also being a keeper as well.yes JC is all class as well I wonder what will happen with hi,he's also just 32 not old in goalkeeping terms either.Personally I'm sure like many others this is a great coup by Inter well done:thumbsup:.

·
Registered
27,277 Posts
I think we've signed one heck of a keeper. 2nd best keeper in the league after Buffon IMO.

·
Registered
17,893 Posts
JC doesn't sound prepared to leave Inter though, he wants to see out his contract....

Apparently he didn't get the memo about being shipped out.

·
Registered
71,154 Posts
I really dont get why you are replacing JC? He is a fantastic goalie (clearly superior to Handanovic) and not old, so why?
I rate Handanovic highly but considering the squad you have wasn't 10 mil better spent somewhere else? JC regressed compared to his usual standards but almost all inter squad did regress last season. JC is still world class
You know things are bad when I agree with a gobbo and GO.

:thmbdown:

And worse, that retard nkm will probably post here frequently now..

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Even though I do not agree with replacing JC, it is a good move for the club.

First off, this move actually generates money with the club. The saving in wages outweigh the transfer fee, so even of you can mutually rescind the contract with JC the club comes out ahead. If you can sell JC then the club comes out significantly ahead.

Think of it as a swap deal, JC for the 5 year younger Handanovic + you generate extra revenue. If this was Football Manager, everyone here would take the deal without hesitation. It really hurts seeing JC forced out, but it is a good deal for the club.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
JC doesn't sound prepared to leave Inter though, he wants to see out his contract....

Apparently he didn't get the memo about being shipped out.
Are you his housemaid?

anyway, JC is Great, Handa is Great

We have 2 Great Keepers to Rotate, if JC choose to stay. You don't !

·
Mourinho & Cassano!!
45,797 Posts
You know things are bad when I agree with a gobbo and GO.

:thmbdown:

And worse, that retard nkm will probably post here frequently now..
At this point having ****ing spent 10 million on this guy we better hope JC leaves just to make this financially sensible

·
Registered
4,874 Posts
Love this capture.

We all were heart-broken when Toldo was moved to the bench in favour of Julio.

This time here it comes again , Julio's time is up.

Love the guy , and it's really heart-breaking he's leaving :cry:

1 - 20 of 125 Posts