Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

In whats been a bad week, its refreshing to read a positive of news, the club are in the process of renewing Sami's contract. If it happens then he will have played 10 years at Liverpool. In a period where we have suffered failures mixed with success, Hyypia has always been regular. Wearing the red in pride and with continuity, in leadership in name and or just character. I think whatever happens it can be said Sami is one of the best defenders to ever play for us and without doubt one of the top 10 foreigners to play for Liverpool.

He captained the side in uncertain times where redknapp was always injured and or fowler. He always led well and then had the grace to hand over the captaincy when Ged felt it was Stevie's time. He never argued or placed his ego infront of the club or the team, this is almost unquantifiable in my book.

His decade in defence saw him form some of the best defensive partnerships firstly with Stephane Henchoz and then with Jamie Carragher. Hyypia was always brilliant in the air and what he lacked in speed and mobility, he subsidised with intelligence and anticipation. He rejected Barcelona and Roma in the past and was an example of the exemplary professional. Thanks Sami and hopefully we have not seen you lift your final trophy for Liverpool yet. :hopeful:

Link to ofal story about renewing Sami

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
good reading .. :)

we really thank Sami for what he has been proving in red shirt . he is one of the best defenders and most loyalty as well as Carragher ... a true legend . :star:

thanks Sami .

·
Premium Member
40,302 Posts
once again proves himself in big games and how deserve a new contract at anfeild .

brilliant goal by him last night . :star:

·
Registered
118 Posts
As a Finn and also supporter of Liverpool I'm very happy about the renew :thumbsup:
A legend for me.

Next year you just should win the league so Hyypia could end his career happily!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts