Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to reading the Manchester City section. Since I have been a boy I have heard of the derbies in the UK and always found these rivalries awesome. One that was alwyas mentioned, was the big match in Manchester between the top two clubs. However, the post is not about that, I do have a question. I have heard only a little on your new acquisition of George Samaras. As he cost 6 million pounds I would think he is good, really good. Now of course when you read my nickname, you can tell I am obviously biased as I am Greek, but my question to you gentlemen is this Is he really that good? It would be great to see a Greek striker doing well for a great team in arguably the toughest league to play in (with no shortage of skills either in the EPL). Basically, I want the honest opinions of English people, and people around the world. Thanks.

ps Good luck to the English national team in the Upcoming World Cup. :thumbsup: :cool:

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I'd agree with that Rob. I've only seen him in the cup game against Villa but he looked promising.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
There's nothing wrong with his control, passing or dribbling.He got owned in the air by Hyypia though, and when he couldnt reach the ball in the air he pole-axed him 3 or 4 times, shoulda scored aswell but ballooned his shot wide.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Hes been on and off. Theres definitely signs that he'll be a great player, but still needs to improve. Hes only 20, and people forget that. If hes given time to adapt to the English game and mature, he should be great. The City fans are being patient with him, and realise this. His goal against Newcastle certainly helped please us for a bit.

·
Registered
866 Posts
well he seems out of it at the moment, should have score with that very good chance and should take a blame for not getting city a point.....so far he`s below my 6mil pound tranfer expectation.....

·
Registered
22,800 Posts
Well he did pretty good at Heerenveen, when he came off the bench. When playing as a starter his finishing was an issue. But he's obviously very talented and physically ok for the EPL.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
2 goals today. The first strike was terrific, and he worked hard for it. The second was good technique on his left foot, waiting for the right time to strike it. Hopefully this will start a goal run, as he has scored 4 goals this week!

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
As per the future stars thread, Samaras looks like an incredibly composed yet powerful striker when he has to be.

I think you've got yourself a real player there. I really like his style.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
The Green One said:
2 goals today. The first strike was terrific, and he worked hard for it. The second was good technique on his left foot, waiting for the right time to strike it. Hopefully this will start a goal run, as he has scored 4 goals this week!
Got any links for his goals Greenie?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts