Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sam allardyce the manager of Bolton wanderers has won his secong manager of the month award for this season.After an impressive run of results in January Sam the man has proved that with limited resources Consistency can be achieved.
"Things are nice with allardyce":tongue:

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Rewarded for ruining the English grassroots game?

For letting Kevin Davies still have a career in Professional Football?

He should stick to pigeon racing.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I think he's done a wonderful job,Sam is torn between using untried talent and experienced players.I think he's made an excellent choice,he's Primary objective is to keep Bolton in the EPl and the players he's bought in have served him well.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Schumy said:
Sorry I think he's done a wonderful job,Sam is torn between using untried talent and experienced players.I think he's made an excellent choice,he's Primary objective is to keep Bolton in the EPl and the players he's bought in have served him well.
Totally agree with that.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
ironic said:
Rewarded for ruining the English grassroots game?
Bollocks. Allardyce brings mainly QUALITY foreigners and gets a good deal out of them. Players like Okocha only grace the English game.

Besides, Sam does give chances to English players - those that deserve it at least. Hunt, Davies, Nolan, Barness are all starting regularly.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
The same Barness that was farmed out on loan to us for a day, until Allardyce decided to take him back because of injury problems?

The same Kevin Davies who is inly fit as a target man and has no semblance of skill whatsoever?

Bolton only sign expensive flops (Ba, Javi Moreno) or past-it players (Djorkaeff) and the obligatory one-trick pony, Okocha.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
ironic said:
The same Barness that was farmed out on loan to us for a day, until Allardyce decided to take him back because of injury problems?

The same Kevin Davies who is inly fit as a target man and has no semblance of skill whatsoever?

Bolton only sign expensive flops (Ba, Javi Moreno) or past-it players (Djorkaeff) and the obligatory one-trick pony, Okocha.
Which should go some way in explaining why you are in Division 1 while relying on overrated English players with big wages and a bad attitude while Bolton is in the PL. Shouldn't it?

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
When did West Ham come into this? I thought this was a thread about Sam Allardyce, never mind.

And for the record, we don't rely on English players on huge wages now, we have the best manager outside the Premiership, and a talented, hard-working side, assembled for peanuts- Reo-Coker, McAnuff, Nowland, Harewood, Connolly, Etherington.

But don't let the facts get in the way of your ridiculous opinion...

I've answered your points, I suggest you either ask me some more, or we leave it at that and move on.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
IMO Bolton are doing marvellously well under Big Sam,He's managed to maintain consistency and is on the verge on securing Bolton's best ever finish in the Premiership.
The signing of players like djorkaeff,Okocha,and Ngotty have only strengthened the team,It's the old fashioned saying why not get home grown talent?
Well as Sam even explained it the Financial gain between being in the Premiership and the 1st division is such a massive gap it's not even a case of questioning.The majority of the foreign signing have come on a free Transfer and it's only their wages that have to be seen to.The quality and experience of these players has been on show for all to see.
And IMO that is why Bolton are where they're right now.:)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
ironic said:
And for the record, we don't rely on English players on huge wages now, we have the best manager outside the Premiership, and a talented, hard-working side, assembled for peanuts- Reo-Coker, McAnuff, Nowland, Harewood, Connolly, Etherington.
So basically you exploited the financial problems of Wimbledon and Nott Forrest. How on earth does this give you the "moral" highground compared with Bolton's policy of picking up decent foreign players on the cheap?

And by overpaid, overrated players I was reffering to the year you got relegated. Sam is able to construct a real team out of so-called "mercenaries" while West Ham looked like a pub side while chocking with players that were supposed to be bleeding for the club. Or at least care for it.

I like West Ham, I genuinely do and I strive to see the back in the PL but there is NOTHING that allows you to diss Bolton and their policy. They stayed up, you did not. They don't have financial problems, you do.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Can't argue with your first point, makes me feel a bit uneasy about it, but that's football.

If you think Bolton don't have money problems, think again.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Just leave alfy, hes being bitter cos he can't handle that his side is where they belong. They were arrogant, calling themselves too good to go down, and paid the price. Sam knew his side was poor and would have to work hard to get out of it, and is a good manager for being able to get bolton out of the mire. There is nothing wrong with loan signings and cheap signings. I mean, west ham have not broke the bank this season have they? They capitalised on Wimbledon's problems and got players for cheap. Imagine if bolton had done that last season, I think alfy'd have somethign to say about that too. They've brought in loans also, so I cannot see how Alfy can see Alladyce's policy as wrong.

Also I have to say that if Pardew is the best manager out of the premiership god help us all.

~ The Green :rollani:ne

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Dull, dull, dull.

West Ham are currently buying young English players from the Nationwide and giving them a chance.

My whole point was that Bolton are NOT doing this, and stopping the talent getting through. You're wrong, if Bolton did this last year I would have no complaints.

And if you had any idea of how deep the problems run at Upton Park, "our kid", then you would have nothing but repsect for the job that Pardew is doing.

Also- Look at out teams for recent games- see any loans?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts