Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep Salas: Very big heart and it burns for Lazio, adapted very fast to Serie A and scored 15 goals in his first season, never injured, a truly great player that needs a great partner ( like Vieri ).

Sell Salas: He´s not as disciplined as most of the squad ( party salas party ), he lacks confidence in the squad at the moment, he lacks speed and doesn´t read Verons intentions the way he should.

Buy Crespo: Possibly the second best attacker of Serie A ( nobody touches Batigol but there is the fight for second place with Vieri ). Never injured, gets along superb with the style of play of Veron. A bought of Crespo would solidify the intentions of Lazio to have a stronger team then last season and would show their determination on the transfermarket ( if we fail to buy any of our set targets ( Vieri, Crespo, Buffon etc then we might lose credibility with the public / transfermarket ). Argentine.

Don´t buy Crespo: EXPENSIVE !! not that different style of play of Salas, EXPENSIVE !! Argentine.

·
International
6,519 Posts
Well, svennis has a point but i would agree with Pierre here. Nothing more to add to this is there ? :p

·
Registered
785 Posts
I doubt that Salas will fit together with Lopez. And since Passarella prefered Crespo before the great Batigol in the attack with Lopez (Before Wold cup 98)the cobination with Lopez-Crespo must be wonderful.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Juan F,and with all the goals of Signori Lazio didnt win almost anything.What kind of thinking is this? a man cant carry a whole team by himself! Crespo almost did this last year...he scored without a midfield behind him and without a stay pertner next to him.Out of form Amoroso,Stanic,Di Vaio...he didnt have the time to establish a good partnership.He was scoring by his own,just with the assists of the Great Diego Fuser.

Crespo is a better player than Salas.End of story.He is a better scorer and he can create his own goals as well.Salas is an ok player but he is just not good enough to be conmpared with Crespo.

The way it is now I dont mind Crespo staying.We'll get Almeyda anyway and 10.000.000$ are not that much since Tanzi has already made the team so the loss of these $ will not affect our budget dramatically.Keep Salas,we keep Crespo and you shall see...

I never wanted and still I dont want Salas at Parma.

I also want to remind you that the last time I put a Salas Vs Crespo topic everyone was saying how much better Salas is.Now that Salas is probably leaving Lazio many of you have changed opinion I feel.

M

·
0 Posts
I say Keep Marcelo because he's a great player with a bright future, and most of all he loves Lazio enough to stay with them for important games instead of playing for his national team. He's 100% dedicated to the team!

M

·
0 Posts
Amo,
you're a 100% right about one thing, France is going all the way because creation will prevale against suffocation.
Zidane and Thuram rule!
(Nesta too!)

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
i agree 100% with amoroso. crespo is the better forward.

actually, im sick and tired of people talking about salas dedication to the team and his love to stay. thats BS!
he knows there is no better team than lazio that will want him. he is worried that if he leaves, he is going to end up in a weaker team. and since when do we believe a players intension of staying? one day they say one thing another day they want to move. come on people, this has happend with every team. almeyda was just like him and look where he is now! there is always some selfish reason for a player that wants to stay. its not because he has great love for the team or the city or the fans. its because he is scared he will end up somewhere that wont succeed like lazio did.

he knows that lazio can get someone better than him and just sell him to any team with the right price. he knows that he isnt really important for this club anymore. if he was playing great, then he would probably say that he doesnt mind going somewhere else because he knows that teams like juve or milan would buy him in a second.

ok, this is just my opinion and its not a fact. i just dont think his wish to stay is because of his love for the team.

CRESPO-LOPEZ
NEDVED-VERON-SIMEONE-CONCEICAO
NEGRO-COUTO-NESTA-PANCARO
PERUZZI

WHAT A TEAM! this team looking like a championship team. i just want to see some quality subs on the bench. defence is something we should improve.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Sorry, to many NON-EU. :)

D

·
0 Posts
Salas or Crespo

Crespo is better but he will stay in Parma.:mad:
But Salas has to be better because if he stay he will be on fire.(i hope so)

D

·
0 Posts
How do you mean too many non-EU?
Only non-EU's in this team are Nedved and Crespo, and 3 are allowed, if I'm right???
FORZA LAZIO!!!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Amo the last time you posted a Salas vs Crespo topic was at the begining of the season ( or at the middle anyways doesn´t matter ) and at that time there was little or no difference between the two ( and last season when he played with Vieri Salas was a better striker then Crespo ).

If I had to pick a striker today I would pick Crespo, but even Crespo said that he doesn´t have the right foot of Salas and Salas was considered a bigger talent then Crespo. It´s not possible to predict how the two will play next season but odds are that Crespo will score more then Salas, but you never know in football.

I´m still for Salas in Lazio and I think that the whole deal sucks and that Lazio should focus on Palermo, a central defender, Chivo of Romania as a left wing defender ( 19 and a huge talent ), Fiore on as a midfielder who can also play on the wings ( does play better central ).

We ( Lazio ) have an incredible strong team with C Lopez and whoever in attack ( let´s not forget the better Inzaghi ).

I´m afraid that the problem is of a political and commercial nature. Cragnotti feels he has to take in a bomber since he has been talking about Rivaldo, Figo, Crespo, Vieri and just about every other 50$+ player. If Cragnotti would fail to sign such a player he might feel a prestigous battle has been lost - I don´t think it´s a tactical decision to take in a superforward into this team.

Remember that where only beaten by Milan in the scoring table and we had the best +/- stats of Serie A this season.

Salas needs a powerforward to lean on and Palermo can / could fill atleast 90% of Vieris shoes ( and he´s like 1/3 of the asking price ) furthermore Palermo said before the injury that he feels like a Lazio player already :) which shows that he wants to wear our jersey for more reasons then the dough ( $$$ ) unlike Crespo who sees only green right now ( and Veron of course who is a good friend of his ).

I´m having a really hard time accepting the asking price of Crespo but there is a possibility this guy will be the next batigol ( slim though ) and we could have him in Lazio for 5 years where he could score 20+ goals / season and that would almost justify the ... nope it wouldn´t !!

We can´t forget that beyond the asking price Crespo also wants a contract which will make him richer then bill gates :( forget it Cragnotti !!! please !!!

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Yah Forza Palermo!!!!! He was valued at $18mil before the injurie!! Crespo is valued at $65mil!! End of story

what about this line up then
------------------Peruzzi--------
-----------Negro---Couto---Nesta----
-Conceicao--Simione--Nedved--Lopez---
-------------------Veron--------------
---------------Palermo--Salas-----

I really can't see it happening but i still like it!!
And maybe it would be just a bit to attacking as Nedved wouldnt play 2 defensive and Lopez would be wing not wing back!!

FORZALAZIO!

·
Registered
4,844 Posts
Sure, technically speaking, currently Crespo is better than Salas. In terms of goals as well. BUT it's not as simple as comparing two players. The better player is not necessarily better for the team compared to the other player!
Football can be very unpredictable. Players that rule in a club can be flops after moving to other clubs. Lots of examples there.
Who can guarantee that Crespo will be as good as he's been for Parma (or better) if he moves to Lazio? Usually a highly-priced player turn out to be less than his value, for many reasons. Injury, failure to adapt, etc.
If Crespo comes to Lazio we may rely too much on him. When our strikers failed to score during some period last season, our midfielders did the job. Even defenders. Hence we're 2nd in terms of goals scored. And not to forget that Shevchenko contributed greatly to Milan's goals!
For the sake of the team itself, it seems better for both players to stay put at their clubs. But to Cragg this seems more than just getting a great player... :(

And svennis, Chivu seems quite a good prospect but we've just heard that he's staying at Ajax, at least for 1 more season.

Let's not be greedy. A team of stars doesn't guarantee a trophy. A star team does.

Forza Lazio

D

·
0 Posts
Salas stays

It would be better for Lazio to have Salas in the team.
He loves Lazio and he is a good team player, too.
Crespo will score more goals but would thet be good for us.
I think Salas must stay in team if we want to win Champions League.

·
International
6,519 Posts
I would accept even if Crespo joins Lazio or even Salas stays. They are the best to me, maybe next year we should try to reach Crespo and keep Salas :):)

·
Registered
713 Posts
I am for Crespo , but what I dislike is to sell Almeyda
so then I prefer Salas+Almeyda much than Crespo !
Let's try to buy a new striker from Argentina like Angel or Palermo that will be better

1 - 20 of 31 Posts