Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marcelo Salas has agreed to sign for Parma on Monday or Tuesday according to onefootball.com I think this is good news for Inter who were prepared to pay 20 million for his services. He decided to go to Parma instead of Inter Milan because he knows that he won't get a regular first team place.

This is what was quoted:

"Marcelo Salas, Lazio’s Chilean international striker who initially refused to sign for Parma has finally agreed to sign for Alberto Malesani's side.

On Saturday discussions took place between Salas’ agent, who also represents Hernan Crespo, and Parma while Callisto Tanzi, the owner of the Emilian club, and Lazio president Sergio Cragnotti have also come to an agreement to make the South American a Parma player.
The news will come as a blow to Internazionale who were hoping to boost their strike force by signing the Lazio front man and were buoyed by Salas' initial refusal to be a makeweight in the deal that took Crespo from Parma to the Roman club.
It is likely that Salas' desire for regular first-team football was an instrumental factor in his change of heart. He fell out with Lazio coach Sven Goran Eriksson last season over the Swede's insistence on rotating his strikers.
Neither a refusal to move, following the arrival of Crespo, or a transfer to Internazionale, who already have Christian Vieri, Ronaldo, Hakan Sukur, Alvaro Recoba, Andrea Pirlo and close pal Ivan Zamorano to choose from, would have changed this fundamental problem.
At least the competition for places at Parma will be less severe and Salas can look forward to forging a front-line partnership with fellow South American Marcio Amoroso.
Salas is set to sign for the club on Monday or Tuesday."

I hope we sign Ronaldinho from Gremio but I'd prefer to play Vieri and Recoba until Ronaldo's back.

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Sad to read about it :(, I wanted to see V32 and Marcelo play together again. Anyways, Parma will surely be a contender next season. :)

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
but, loco, that's the problem: we might not have seen vieri-salas because we have so many strikers. how could we commit to vieri-salas when we have so many other superstars eager to play up front and score goals?

i'm happy salas went somewhere else. we already have too many big names on this team. please, no more new players.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Well anyway Salas is way too much money his not worth 35mil and for some reason it looks like Moratti has ran out of money ??????????????????????

FORZA INTER
INTER IS READY FOR THE FUTURE

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i say if Inter have space for Salas, TAKE HIM!! but, like he had said, he would not be guarantee a starting line up, i really don't want to see such a good player being wasted on the bench, those benches are for players like Inzaghi :cool:

Salas is a player who can play like a superman ya know!

·
Registered
18,126 Posts
This hasn't been officially reported. Onefootball.com is not a trustworthy site. Wait till its on Reuters ot La Gazetta before you take it as fact.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Salas has not signed anything!!
Lippi still wants Salas so anything can happen!!
He could even go to Juve or even Barca!!

FORZALAZIO!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Nothing is final..He was also quoted that he prefers a move to inter..Would you take an attack of Salas and Vieri or Vieri anD sukur..

I would guess that Salas would probably get a starting role>

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
It doesn't matter how good Salas is he is not needed at INTER we have Anselmo Robiati who while he is not as good as Salas is willing to sit on the bench indefinately.

FORZA ROBIATI!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
18,126 Posts
I'd dread the thought of Robbiati starting against Juve/ Lazio/ Roma. I still think Inter should go for Salas for reasons I've outlined too many times (Vieri's injuries, Sukur's crapness, Ronaldo not coming back ,etc etc)

Back to this onefootball.com article which has been proven to be utter B.S. Salas has not signed for Parma so their arrticle was made up by some talentless hack. Unless they know something the Italian press doesn't.

In future all posts from this website should be ignored. We can add it to the "sh** list", a name I have just created for disreputable sites which include the following : teamtalk (/teamtoss :)), soccerage.com, soccernet (hilariously crap). There are more, I just can't remember them all.

TO ALL POSTERS: BEWARE OF THESE SITES!!!

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
actually http://www.soccerage.com is not that bad at all. At times they may publish misleading stories but you cannot put them in the same class as http://www.teamtoss.KUM

As for RObiati is is indeed a decent player but he should never have to start against any big club unless it is in the Italian Cup.

Look at our strikers he comes after Vieri Recoba Zamorano Sukur and even Pirlo can be a striker. Also Biakolo is a class act.....don't fear we have superb cover.

Mabye a small name central defender would be well used by INTER like a Rivalta or De Rosa or someone like that. I think we have enough cover every where though.

FORZA INTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anselmo Robbiati is a great player! Although I have never seen him play for Napoli but I can only remember him with Fiorentina when he was amazing!!! Although I prefer Moriero but the problem with Moriero is inconsistency and injury.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts