Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Arsenal and Chelsea will be offered an opportunity to sign the Chile superstar striker Marcelo Salas in the summer. With both the top London clubs baulking at the £20million being demanded by PSV Eindhoven for Holland's Ruud van Nistelrooy, there is an obvious attraction in Salas at approximately half that price...

Salas is unhappy with Lazio and has let it be known he is keen to come to England. He is Lazio's top scorer in Serie A with 10 goals but his relationship with coach Sven Goran Eriksson has deteriorated.

------------------------------------------------------------

What about this ? We don't have much strikers and now we're selling them (Boksic also i read a few days ago ..)
What has Cragnotti in his mind ??

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think he should leave
he is a good player but not that class that lazio is ....so bye bye salas ....and we will not miss u ..
jordanian guy
forza lazio
forza veron

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Salas hass fallen out of Eriksson's favor because he hasn't scored. There's one role and one role only for player like Marcelo Salas: to score goals. He hasn't done it this year.

Anyhow, the matter of our strikers for next season is soon to be settled and Salas hasn't got much time to prove he's elite calibre. I can't even remember the last good game he played. On saturday he was mediocre again.

Still, he was mostly great last season with Vieri and I believe he could do that again, given the right striker partner. There's no easy answer here, but I wouldn't mind Salas leaving IF he was replaced by a top-class player. But there just aren't many of those available.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think Salas will leave only if a truly great replacement like Vieri, Crespo or Jardel is bought besides Lopez.

I can't see him leaving if a only a good attacker like Trezeguet, Morientes, Milosevic or Scuba Inzaghi is bought.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jordanian guy, are you crazy? How can you say Salas isn't good enough for Lazio. Come on, you know that isn't true!

Also, why exactly did Salas fall out with Erickson?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Please English internet sites are a joke - teamtalk and soccernet are just 2 of a countless sites ran by idiots.

Salas has been dissapointing for most parts of this season but no way is he ½ the price of Van Nistelrooy. Send Salas to play in the dutch leauge and start counting goals - maybe we´ll sell Salas to the Scottish leauge and watch him score a hat trick/game.

I agree on the fact that Salas needs a great partner but I honestly hope that Inter will either sell back Vieri for much less money then they gave us ( he has aged + he is extremely injurie prone ) or give us good money for Salas. Vieri + Salas is a great combination and Salas said that he was very sad to see Vieri go.

If I can pick then we´ll have Savo Milosevic and Lopez upfront for next season with Simone Inzaghi as a supersub and used frequently in the rotation system.

Forza Lazio !!

Ps. I really hope that Eriksson get´s 1 more season with Lazio even if we won´t win any titles this season.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sven you are patially right, It all began with the selling of Vieri...He & Salas were great last year and together this year they would have ensured us a league championship at least. Cragnotti knows in his heart this was his biggest mistake.

So who did Salas get to partner with him this year ??
Boksic..please, there are scarecrows who play with more heart than him & he is just passing time on this team.

Ravenelli.... who?

Anderson, sold before given a chance and may have proved to be a better partner for Salas.

Inzaghi when finally given a chance has shown potential but never teamed with Salas.

Erickson the Idiot has not helped, using the moronic 4-5-1 system he killed Salas off..if you recall at the begining of the season Salas was scoring was in the top 10 goal scorers the the 4-5-1 no more goals, this has not only affected Salas but Inzaghi too...he has not scored often recently when stuck with 4-5-1.

Erickson should take his unimaginative style and stick it....with this team he should of won the treble, instead we may get only the coppa...big deal

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
If Lazio sells SALAS they better but a good player 4 that money , and nott selling to a rival serie A team (inter).

JF

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Even if Salas hasn't played well lately I hope Cragnotti doesn't sell him. I don't think that he has had the ideal attacking partner for his way of playing to be judged fairly.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i totally agree on savo milosevic and lopez. but lopez wouuldn't be a striker. i would preffer him as a wing while the second striker could be inzaghi or somebody else. perhaps ruud van n.
savo is an excellent player but what worries me with is that he hasn't scored for a while(1 goal in 9 games) but he currently plays in a team which is not on the top level so the oscillations are explainable. he strong and stabile, with a fearcome kick, solid header. he would be a good purchase. also, i think that cassano would be usefull because he is the future and playing for lazio he would gain some experience.
forza lazio!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Here's a freaky thought - don't sell Salas be happy with the fact that Lopez is practically here and get Toldo.
Missalotevic is not good enough.
Lopez could support Salas and then you can chuck out Inzaghi to the subs.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Milosevic would be interesting. After not playing well in the English Rubbish League he has adapted well in Spain. Kovacevic did not play well in England went to spain, flourished in Spain and is now playing with true fire power in Juve. Kova is the only reason Juve are ahead on points scoring the only three goals in the last two games.

Jardel i luv this guy he has got to be the best header in the world and has proved he can score against any team , as he has showed in the Champions League.

Lopez he will be in Lazio next season so not much to say but that he is a genious!!

Vieri would be good to have back and Crespo is not likely to be sold.

[This message has been edited by Nick54 (edited 18-04-2000).]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts