Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a multi-month injury,Marcelo Salas is back on the fields.As he said he made great practise with the help of River's coaches and he is ready to remind us that he isn't lost.El Matador will also be in the squad of Chile that will go to Bolivia in a high-importance match for the 2006WCQ.

Last Sunday he was a starter in River Plate-Estudiantes match of the Argentine Clausura and he scored the second goal of his team,a very deautiful one as he came from the right area's side and with his great left foot scored a goal that made fans in Monumental wild.The other two goals came by an other superstar,Fernando Cavenaghi.In halftime Carlos Bilardo (Estudiantes' coach) came near to be arrested as he opened a champaign and started drinking on the bench.:eek:

:star:
A goal in his comeback was a great start for Marcelo and now i wait to see how he'll do in the next games of Clausura and Libertadores but especially if he will help again Chile after 2,5 years of absence.

Vamos Matador!!!!! :happy::happy::happy: :happy:

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,319 Posts
Last nite Salas (With the Captain's armband) didnt score on the River's 4x1 rout of Paraguay's Libertad...But what I saw on the field was a great Salas again..husling and commanding his team to Victory.

;)

·
94,319 Posts
EL MATADOR said:
Yes great news. He said hes back for Chile as long as hes fit but knowing his luck who knows :confused:

Hopefully with him we can conquer La Paz. We need a win badly.
Yes but dont forget Navia is on TOP form..... ;)

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Colocolo, my friend, great to see you posting again. Hey I got a question for you, where are you getting your chilean football news??? Since vivefutbol.com went belly up, I have been forced to get the news from El mercurio:rolleyes: or la tercera or even worse la Cuarta:yuck: ;)

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
colocolo said:
Yes but dont forget Navia is on TOP form..... ;)
I'm sure that retard of a coach (Olmos?) Chile has will get the hint and start both Salas and Navia against Bolivia next month, but then again he left Cruzeiro's Maldonado on the bench against Mexico and opted for the slow-untalented Melendez.

San Matador sos idolo!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well well...

firstly i'm happy to hear from you again uncle colocolo!;)I hope you will return and bring some more life in this forum.:)

You can not imagine how happy i am that Salas is finally fit and he played well against Libertad!!I'll try to find a site to watch him in Arg. or in Libertadores through internet so if everyone can help,please do it.:)

Last Friday's tabloid of Ole had Marcelo Salas with his sorts down and a comment....and i think he is ready to do this!!!!

Vamos Matador!!!!!!!!!

Against Bolivia i think Pinilla could stay in bench as he has not many games with Celta too,after his bad period in Chievo.Although,this week he played 15' against Arsenal for the Champions League.Salas-Navia up front would be great.:)

Loco,i don't think Melendez is untalented.He is strong as hell and very good defensive.He can do the dirty work for us like in Quilmes.Although,i have to say that it's long time since i watched Maldonado so i don't know if he's better right now.;)

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
popina69_69 said:
Hopefully Salas gets on form again and River gets interest to buy him at the end of the season!!
So you believe the best future for Salas is an end of career in River or a comeback to Europe??:confused:

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Kostas said:
Loco,i don't think Melendez is untalented.He is strong as hell and very good defensive.He can do the dirty work for us like in Quilmes.Although,i have to say that it's long time since i watched Maldonado so i don't know if he's better right now.;)
Oh, I've seen them both very recently and Maldonado is head and shoulders above Melendez.

Kostas said:
So you believe the best future for Salas is an end of career in River or a comeback to Europe??:confused:
End his career in River? Sure! but no for another 5 years. Salas just turned 29 and has plenty of game left.

Gabemar said:
That's the one, unless show some gruesome murder or something like it:eek:
I thought that'd be the one. ;)

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Loco said:
End his career in River? Sure! but no for another 5 years. Salas just turned 29 and has plenty of game left.
The only sure is that he has plenty of game left....i was worried about that when before two years Salas declared he would stop football in 2006:eek: in the age of 31!!

I think he changed his mind now ;)

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
His move to River was the best choice finally for Salas.He netted another goal in Newells-River 2-3!!

Two games/2 goals for el matador in Clausura!!!:happy:

Again covering the whole Ole's tabloid with subtitle "Goloso".

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
River want Salas deal Wednesday 3 March, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

River Plate are keen to agree terms with Juventus in a bid to complete the signing of Marcelo Salas.

The Chilean international is currently on loan with the Argentine side and is set to return to Turin in the summer.

However, the South American outfit are hoping to keep ‘El Matador’ once his loan spell expires.

"Our idea is that he could remain," River Plate President Mario Israel is quoted as saying. "I’ll look to take advantage of our good relationship with Juve in order to do that."

Salas has recently returned to action in Argentina after a two-month injury lay-off by scoring on Sunday.

The 30-year-old doesn’t seem to figure in Juve’s plans anymore seeing as their forward options now include David Trezeguet, Alex Del Piero, Marco Di Vaio and Fabrizio Miccoli.

The Bianconeri signed Salas in 2001 for £12m from Lazio. However, his maiden Turin term saw him rupture knee ligaments that severely affected his Juve career.

Salas is currently in his second spell with River after two splendid seasons there in the 1990s, where he scored 24 goals in 53 League games.

channel4

·
94,319 Posts
Hi guys ....... :cool:

Gabe....the only place that is reliable for chilean news is the Official Nat'l Assoc site, eventhought it tends to be very slow some times... http://www.anfp.cl/

All of a sudden here in Fl Im getting TyC Sports on DirectV Para Todos and last nite I saw River with about 8 subs beat Deportivo Rafaela 2x1 ...No .... Salas didnt play...most of the gunners were off, resting for Libertadores Action and more Clausura work.

ColoColo lost and the chilean teams in this edition of the Libertadores are stinkinn up the place....again !!!! :cry:

Greetings

·
94,319 Posts
Well Salas really is looking :glasses: like the old Matador we all knew....Sunday against Independiente he scored again....great for him...Ah....and in Mexico Navia continues to carry America on his shoulders....he scored the Eagle's only goal in Torreons Vs Santos last sunday too !!!

;)

·
94,319 Posts
El Matador will be the Captain Vs Bolivia.....on Sunday the 14th he again scored in a losing cause for River....who demonstrated their exaustion on the 2nd half, after a midweek game in Colombia...
Salas is lookinn better every game....hopefully this will translate into a winning attitude for all his compatriots in La Paz.

:star:

·
94,319 Posts
Apart from what we knew Salas for.....goal scoring....he has matured into a seasoned veteran giving the MOST wonderful passes for others to score.....he has become a true legend beyond the chilean borders...If only a flicker of his new added asset happens to spark in the Eliminatorias....we're in Germany 2006....guaranteed !!!! :happy:

·
94,319 Posts
colocolo said:
Apart from what we knew Salas for.....goal scoring....he has matured into a seasoned veteran giving the MOST wonderful passes for others to score.....he has become a true legend beyond the chilean borders...If only a flicker of his new added asset happens to spark in the Eliminatorias....we're in Germany 2006....guaranteed !!!! :happy:
No comments !!!!!!!:lala: :excited: :party:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts