Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone provide a list of which clubs (througout europe) pays its players the most amount of money? Does Chelsea have the highest players salary in the world? Where does Porto and other G14 clubs rank?

thanks

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
I did a similar thing about two weeks ago, couldn't find anything substantial, reason being that most clubs do not reveal their finances to the public.

But I did some serious searching on the Internet so maybe I can save you some time, here's a site that contains information about player transfer values and wages, but they are only speculations, mind.

http://www.footballtransfers.info/index.asp

For wages, click on "Contracts" on the menu on the left, or go to http://www.footballtransfers.info/contracts/index.asp

For transfer values, click on "Transfers" on the same menu.

You can also search by clubs or players using the search boxes on the left.

I had a lot of fun doing my project, and am still doing it, so good luck to you. :)

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Alive&Kicking these links will help a lot. while the lists are not complete, these links provide me with a basic estimate of total wages.

and are most of these clubs in europe listed on the stock markets ? are most of them privately owned or can fans buy shares? if any of these clubs are open to public to buy shares, then wouldnt you want to know the teams finances?

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
For the EPL I know clubs like Manchester United, Everton, Aston Villa, Leeds and Spurs issue shares to the public, you can find some financial data on their official websites but it's one heck of a downloading exercise. ;)

I suppose if a club is listed on the stock exchange then they will publish their finances yeah.

I'm not too sure about non-EPL clubs, sorry. :)

I'll post a few other links which may be useful for you.

The State of the Game: The Corporate Governance of Football Clubs 2001
Executive Summary

Deloitte & Touche Football Top 20 Rich List (link originally provided by mutu1875)
You can download a full copy of the report HERE

The Deloitte & Touche website has some other reports but you need to purchase them, they have student prices though, and are pretty reasonable if you are really interested.

Finally, you can ask for help at this Internet board, the experts are there I reckon. :)

The Money Bag > Football Club Shares

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Balis-of-Steel said:
A&K looks like you haven't been slacking then ;)

You actually do work for your degree :eekani:
;)

To be honest I am actually enjoying my degree :eek:, Econometrics is not my main subject (I study International Conflict Management - security, weapons technology, ethnic conflict and the like) but this project is really interesting cos it's something to do with football. :)

·
Registered
11,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:( i dont have CM
thanks for the help guys,

is it safe to say that teams in the G-14 have the highest player wages? I know that Madrid, Chelsea, AC Milan etc have very high salaries, but what about the Marseilles and Portos of the G14? is there a huge difference between how much Porto pays its players than that of Madrid?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts