Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to the Samp website which I randomly went to, Sakic visited the training ground today.. What did happen to him and Zivkovic? Have they retired or did they find new clubs?

·
Registered
40,685 Posts
They're both active in the Serbian league these days for some smaller clubs. Although, I'm not sure if they're still playing regularly, since I don't really follow their respective clubs.

Jovicic went to Caen after Samp but I doubt he's still there.

Another Serbian ex-Samp player and the only great out of these ones, Vladimir Jugovic, is active in the second Bundesliga these days. It's as a favour to the chairman of their club.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd forgotten all about Jovicic.. When did he leave and did he ever get a goal for us? Also, wasn't he meant to have been quite good before he came?

Cheers for the info Drulo, I'm glad both Sakic and Zivkovic are still playing, they both played a very important part in getting us back in serie A.

·
Registered
40,685 Posts
Yeah Jovicic was pretty good at Red Star, he was topscorer of the league before he came. He did score some goals in Genoa, but only a few and he can safely be labeled a dud.

Zivkovic once scored a great lob in Nou Camp Vs Barca while he was still at Red Star. That's what I remember him most for.

·
Registered
46,974 Posts
Srecko was one of my fav as well.

As regards Zivkovic, his job was not scoring but he scored some "historic" goals.
For example the 2-0 win in the Derby with Zivkovic and Mirko Conte scoring was really a mockery. :D

Gile 1-0

Mirko 2-0

·
Registered
40,685 Posts
Nice pics Toni, I'm glad Zile and Sakic still left some kind of impression at the club. They were never as celebrated as Jugovic, Miha or even Katanec (great player as well :thmbup: ) but nevertheless decent players with a good mentality.

Still, quite a Serbian link. From Boskov all the way to Zile. Makes me kinda proud! :proud:

·
Registered
486 Posts
I always liked both "Gile" Zivkovic and Nenad Sakic, they were two decent players (not good, unfortunately) and most of all 2 nice persons who always worked hard and did all they could do for Sampdoria. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for Jovicic, it's better to forget about him.

Anyway as far as I know, both Sakic and Zivkovic have now retired, while Jovicic plays in France (at Caen, in 2nd division, with no goals as usual...).

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 12 of 12 Posts