Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team News...

Gerrard and Baros injury worries

Gerard Houllier faces an anxious wait to see whether influential captain Steven Gerrard and striker Milan Baros will be fit to travel to Southampton on Sunday, as the pair picked up injuries during the 1-1 draw with Marseille.

Baros has a groin problem and Gerrard has an ankle knock and the Reds manager says the pair are doubts at this moment in time.

Houllier said: "Milan felt his groin at the end of the game and we will have to wait and see how he is. Steven took a knock on his ankle and we will have to see how he is.

"At this moment I don't know whether they will be available for Sunday's match."

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Gerrard will be available just for your info

Baros is still doubtful.

That solves half the problem. The thought of the current Liverpool team w/o Gerrard and Baros is too painful to comtemplate.

·
International
1,878 Posts
For paw's prediction league, click here.

No high from our performance on Thursday evening and I do not expect a blatant show of desire or hunger from Houllier's charges.

A bore 0-0 draw awaits.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
the toad with the stinking scarf has got his excuse in already :eek:

i saw him on tv say that Southampton will be very hard to beat because they will be trying to impress their new manager,he added that Liverpool have been 'very unlucky' this season,because they also had to play Aston Villa when they had a new manager as well. :rolleyes:

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
Jern Lizardhous said:
the toad with the stinking scarf has got his excuse in already :eek:

i saw him on tv say that Southampton will be very hard to beat because they will be trying to impress their new manager,he added that Liverpool have been 'very unlucky' this season,because they also had to play Aston Villa when they had a new manager as well. :rolleyes:
errrm.. we drew that game 0-0.. while Portsmouth beat Villa 2-1 on the opening day of the season (O'Leary's official debut as Villa Manager)..

Anyway.. from the BBC:

Houllier wants revenge

Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier has urged his side to step up their Premiership campaign by avenging their league loss at Southampton on Sunday.

"We have only lost once in the league since Southampton beat us at Anfield in December, but we certainly owe them something for that," Houllier said.

"We still have almost a third of the season left, but we do accept that the next phase of games is crucial to us.

"We have three games in the next week, so I will rotate the squad a little."
------------------------------------------------------------------

As I said on other threads.. I hope the rotation means Owen rested (or dropped if u'd like to say it in that way).. Diouf returning for the ineffective Murphy..

So, last week saw ALT and Kirky again on the injury list.. I feel really sorry for Kirkland.. it's been one injury after the other.. wish him all the best..

The Dude's back in goal.. I'm kinda worried on the expected 'rotations' GH will muster up.. I'd expect Gerrard and Kewell will get one game out of the coming three off.. I'd say the Wolves game.. We should push for 9 out of 9.. although I'm expecting 7..

Is Baros OK? Hope so.. I'd expect he'd be rested today with heskey and Owen up front :notlist: :stress:

One point is I think Gerrard should start moving up a bit in his initial positioning.. Why does every attack have to start from him? Especially with Hamann playing.. I'd say give Hamann the play building from the back.. thus giving Gerrard a chance to be up there when the ball comes up..

Glad that the game is the late Sunday game (19:30 here at KSA).. so I think I'll be able to get off from work by then :D

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
SuicideDD said:
Forlan > Owen

:D :D
Oh please tell me a supporter of a team who just lost 4-1 in a Derby isn't trying to take the mick.

;)

·
Registered
21,429 Posts
_Eight_Ball_ said:
Another Owen penalty miss? :eek:
When will he or even GH ever learn that someone else needs to take them?
Never, I guess.

Owen shouldn't have taken the penalty. I am getting sick with Owen to be honest, it's clear he's way off form and now he is ruining our not so good season anyway with his stupid penalty misses.

Maybe it's time offload him to Madrid, I'm sure they'll pay more then he's really worth, and with that money we can start rebuilding our team. That is assuming GH is gone next season.

This team simply sucks.

·
Premier Player
5,940 Posts
I think I can only add my frustration to Raanan and Micke's..

Poor result from a game which we seemed in total control of.. With all the talk about rotation.. the only difference was Biscan and Diouf back.. and Biscan creamed his return with the slip that led to the first goal!

Diouf didn't do much either.. but with that said, neither did Henchoz or Hyypia.. Hamann, Carragher, Baros and Dudek had average games.. while Kewell woke up late but huffed and puffed in vain.. Gerrard again put in a good performance but faded away mid way through the game.. the subs did nothing to add.. (Heskey had a good header saved.. that's it)..

As for Owen.. well it could be the frustration and disappointment.. but I agree with Raanan.. He's playing as if he's being pushed onto the pitch.. gets frustrated very easily (not very Owen-like).. and simply seems too pre-occupied to give in the performances he should be giving.. why is he starting? why is he taking penalties?!!!! unbelievable.. as I said before.. his penalty kick % can only match Shaq's free throw % (for a star player).. Unbelievably annoying to watch him these days..

I find the loss kinda too much for that kind of performance.. especially with Southampton asleep for around half an hour.. But I think our problems are getting clearer and clearer.. the missing creativity.. the defensive issues.. the time we need to conjure up an attack.. and the fact that we revert to hoof ball whenever we're in need of anything.. and of course Owen.. I don't want to be hard on the lad.. but I'm one of those who's club over player.. he's off form.. he should be dropped.. just as we asked for Heskey to be dropped when he was off form..!! :groan:

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Well at least good news for GH is that with Spurs winning it makes the table even more congested and a run of 4-5 games will be enough to get the 4th spot.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts