Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From Sky News

Everton have agreed to sign Louis Saha, subject to the Manchester United striker passing a medical.

United have accepted an undisclosed fee for the injury-prone striker, who moved to Old Trafford from Fulham in 2004.

Saha has agreed a two-year contract at Goodison Park, with the option of a further 12 months.

He must now pass a medical to become David Moyes' third signing of the summer following the arrivals of Lars Jacobsen and Segundo Castillo.

The France international has scored 42 goals in 124 appearances for United since his £12.8million switch from Fulham.

However, his time with the Red Devils has been beset by injury problems and he has not figured for the champions this season.

His last appearance for United came in March against Bolton and he started only six games in the Premier League last term.

Saha's imminent exit is likely to intensify United manager Sir Alex Ferguson's search to bring in a new striker before the transfer window closes.
This MUST mean that a new striker is imminent !

·
Registered
6,218 Posts
Its a Pity...he had many good abilities to make a good Number 9 for us..but with all his injuries...:frustrat:

Wishing him all the best and hope fully a injury free career.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Great player when fit...

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
yup, great play when fit. Its a shame his career never really kicked off with us. All the best to him, except when playing us.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Can we please stop selling players and start actually buying some? I can't help but think the debt is playing a part here.

·
Registered
5,797 Posts
Can we please stop selling players and start actually buying some? I can't help but think the debt is playing a part here.
What's wrong getting rid of injury prone squad players?

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Which opens up spaces for youngsters like Possebon, Silva twins, Campbell and erm.. MANUCHO.

Only one senior player signed and quite late on but I think this summer will be looked back on as a brilliant transfer market for us.

·
Registered
741 Posts
loved watching him when he was fit but i suppose it was only a matter of time before we offloaded him.

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
I'll miss him.

I would love to know how much this transfer recouped for us. Everton were desperate to buy, and I dont think SAF was desperate to sell, so I dare say, without making money, we wouldnt have done to bad out of this deal.

Was a class act for us, and the perfect player for the way we play. Just unfortunate the way it all panned out

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
Good luck Louis. Must suck to never play due to injuries but also a nice feeling to get paid tons of money to sit on your arse.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Sad to see that injuries ruined his time here, because whenever he was fit and played as the spearhead of a Rooney-Ronaldo attack, like that match at Bolton, he was perfect for us.

Hopefully he does well for Everton.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
When he did play, he played brilliantly and even tho he was injured a lot of the times, was still a very good option when needed.

Goodbye and good luck.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Good luck Louis, despite your injury tally, you always starred in red, those early goals in 06/07 and late goals in 05/06 set the tone for the successes that came this clubs way over the last 2 years, I hope your body keeps up and you can show the world the talent you obviously had.

·
Registered
13,916 Posts
Did he actually leave for free, like I read somewhere????
I wouldn't be surprised but they did say it was an "undisclosed fee" meaning that there was a fee.

That fee being us giving him his taxi fare and paying off the doctor to doctor the medical results.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts