Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my opinion, both have behaved like spoilt brats. Parker especially, who stated he will never play for Charlton again just 6 months after he signed a 5-year contract, and turning his back on the club which gave him the chance to play professional football and has nurtured his talent for 6 or 7 years.

I would have said Parker was Charlton through and through, but look how quickly that is forgotten when Mr. Abramovic comes calling, cheque book 'n' all. Seems there's no such thing as playing for the love of your club anymore, it's all about trophies and money. :(

Thoughts?

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Ah there is no love in football nowadays, he who has the biggest cheque book has the most "loyalty".

Occasionally you do find a player that genuinely loves the club, but they are few and far between.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Balis-of-Steel said:
Ah there is no love in football nowadays, he who has the biggest cheque book has the most "loyalty".

Occasionally you do find a player that genuinely loves the club, but they are few and far between.
[/QUOTE

Even then it doesn'tmean they will stay forever, Chris Riggott went for premiership football and because he was told to leave because we needed the money, but he is a true derby fan and still a favourite with the derby fans.

·
Registered
4,245 Posts
Parker is a git and he's not going to get a game anyway so i think it will even out.Hope he never makes it for England either.Saha should of went about it a better way but i dont think he's as bad as Parker.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
What annoys me is that the media didn't comment on parker having a hissy fit. If it was Anelka they'd be up in arms on the back pages of the Sun and Mirror. Saha, whilst moaning, still trained and played, whilst parker did not train or play after his bid was rejected. Why is it the fleet street dicks didn't go mad about that?

~ The Green :rolleyes:ne

·
Registered
5,926 Posts
Scott Parker - what a moron.

Turns his back on a genuine Champions League tilt and guaranteed first team football to join that plastic club in London where a world cup winner can't get a game in midfield.

He's just stuffed his future.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
The Green One said:
What annoys me is that the media didn't comment on parker having a hissy fit. If it was Anelka they'd be up in arms on the back pages of the Sun and Mirror. Saha, whilst moaning, still trained and played, whilst parker did not train or play after his bid was rejected. Why is it the fleet street dicks didn't go mad about that?

~ The Green :rolleyes:ne
Parker didn't train and play cos Curbishley didn't want him too.
And if i was playing for Derby and Chelsea put an offer in for me i reckon i would be house hunting in London, i don't see the big deal, obviously when it's a player from your own team it pisses you off, but everyone wants to pay at the top level, and i don't see Charlton in the champions league.

·
Registered
38,223 Posts
Thats what you're told jimbo. I don't mean to sound like I KNOW thats what parker did and you're wrong, but managers do lie to the media at times when discipline is a problem. When Keegan explained Anelka's absence the media just said this was what Keegan "claimed" and that the this was not the truth. Anyway, he has left in the end so who cares.

~ The Green ;)ne

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
its easy to blame players for a lack of loyalty. what about the clubs? theyre hardly loyal to their players these days or does loyalty not need be a two way street? a player can live only for his club but if it finds a better player hes gone in the blink of an eye. lets not kid ourselves, the clubs treat players like theyre property and theres no reason for players to treat clubs like anything but a company that pays them.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Luigi Vampa said:
its easy to blame players for a lack of loyalty. what about the clubs? theyre hardly loyal to their players these days or does loyalty not need be a two way street? a player can live only for his club but if it finds a better player hes gone in the blink of an eye. lets not kid ourselves, the clubs treat players like theyre property and theres no reason for players to treat clubs like anything but a company that pays them.
Just wait till next summer/winter when Chelsea find that results aren't going their way or Parker isn't playing up to their standards, I can see Chelsea being in the market again for more midfielders.
I also think Parker is similar to Cole, in that he will need a long time to get used to the team and I just can't see squad rotation system suiting his play.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
Both players left their clubs in a vary sour way to say the least,Whenever a player says I wan't to leave for a bigger club Immediately his fans begin to turn on him.I do agree however loyalty has gone through the window nowadays and it's quite sad to see especially how handsome many players are rewarded these days.
Clubs deserve far more recognition in launching players than the contribution that players have given to clubs.We're talking about Careers been made and dreams realised but for some of them to carry on like spoilt Cildren.
Are they forgetting that they're role Models to Children who wear the clubs famous shirts with their names on them.No I doubt it why should they really care.
No-one can deny a players dream of playing for a bigger club or one that they'd always dreamed of,but for it to be done in a more orderly fashioned in a sense would be quite Intelligent.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
_Eight_Ball_ said:

I also think Parker is similar to Cole, in that he will need a long time to get used to the team and I just can't see squad rotation system suiting his play.

Uh? Parker is similar to Cole? They are completely different players. Joe Cole's more of a showboat pony, while parker is a work horse ;). Parker made the right decision, wouldn't you want to be the best?

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
JackoTheDon said:
Parker made the right decision, wouldn't you want to be the best?
I actually think it also has something to do with a wage increase of 200%. And I don't think anyone here blames Parker for wanting to play in the CL and for third best (;)) team in England, it's just the way he went about it which leaves a sour taste.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
JackoTheDon said:
Uh? Parker is similar to Cole? They are completely different players. Joe Cole's more of a showboat pony, while parker is a work horse ;). Parker made the right decision, wouldn't you want to be the best?
Uh? Maybe if you read on - you will find I was not making similarities over their skills, nor the type of players they are. Its rather that they are both young, and will take time to settle, and I cannot see them getting used to a system where they are likely to play one game, then be dropped the next, regardless the form they are in.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
But what about when Charlton's chairman PROMISED Parker he could leave if a reasonable bid came in from a Top 3 side?

I think Parker made the wrong decisions, but there's 2 sides to every argument.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
The Green One said:
Jacko, Eight Ball's comparison of Parker and Cole has some truth, as Joe Cole made the most premiership tackles last season.

~ The Green ;)ne

He probbaly gave the ball away the most aswell ;). Unfortunately he has no end product, however I believe him in.. it's just well Parker's clearly better (different type of player mind)

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
_Eight_Ball_ said:
Just wait till next summer/winter when Chelsea find that results aren't going their way or Parker isn't playing up to their standards, I can see Chelsea being in the market again for more midfielders.

well im just talking about the notion of player loyalty to club and vice versa. but undoubtedly he wont find it easy to win a spot at chelsea what with all their options. but money is money and when somebody comes and hands you a suitcase full of it, its hard to decline, you might not see that offer again.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts